eBay Navigation SD Cards

JRM1022

:
2016 Mazda CX-5
Has anyone used an eBay navigation SD card? They seem to run about $90 on eBay vs over $300 from the dealership. I'd like to add Navigation to my 2016 CX-5. Are they okay or are they junk?

Has anyone used an eBay navigation SD card? They seem to run about $90 on eBay vs over $300 from the dealership. I'd like to add Navigation to my 2016 CX-5. Are they okay or are they junk?

For $90 you will get that card. I do not know if it works or not. For $160 ish you can get AA / CP in your CX5. It will be like your phone. If you let the dealer install it - it would be around $325.
Problem with factory navi is - it has no traffic. It gives very awkward routes imo. I havent updated mine - so many roads are just not present - cant tell if eBay cards will be upto date or not. Imo its not worth it except when you have to use it in mountains / rural places etc. where phone navi is not present.

If you can ensure that the card in my CX5 (2016.5 Touring) might work in yours, i can eBay it to you for half the price. But 90 bucks is not really worth it except certain situations. In many places - Google APPLE maps will always be superior.

Last edited:
Def. buyer beware. The cards "lock" to a specific vehicle after a fairly low number of miles and cannot be transferred to another car. If it's in an unopened original packaging it is probably more legit.

I bought one on ebay last March for my 2017 CX5 for about $100 canadian, and it has worked perfectly. I even downloaded the Mazda Toolbox for keeping it updated and I've had no problems.

If they are so cheap on ebay it makes me wonder where the sellers are getting their cards from? Fell off the back of a lorry????

If they are so cheap on ebay it makes me wonder where the sellers are getting their cards from? Fell off the back of a lorry????

I think that they have the means to program the ID on the card and then copy an image on to them. For the price, and knowing my credit card protects me, i would try one if i was in the market.

Back