AIO hack

q1054521247q

:
CX5 17GT,21SIG
ver:59.00.504 NA N
Music Database Ver: 00.07.000
Fail-Safe Ver: 59.00.504

If I want to install AIO hack how do I remove trims; cables or tools I need? Did a little research but still don't know the exact cable to tap into. Is there any way to install without removing everything? Is .504 the newest version.

504 is the newest and you would have to dismantle the dash, slide out the CMU and tap into the back using the tutorials from other sites.

I have not done it yet. Waiting to see what happens with Mazda Connect. Not desperate enough yet to do all that.

There is another thread that has pictures and pdfs on pulling off most of the dash trim - that should get you to the base of the CMU and then unbolt it and slide it forward.

Why can't you post more info here?

I have my doubts whenver new users show up on forums with a new find and only way to get more info is email them.

He posted in multiple threads with only a link to video, and email for more info. Sometning smells.

If no AIO it must be one of the break out boxes coming out of china.

Are there any videos or links to instructions on HOW TO remove the dash trim to get to the Infotainment system on the 2017+ CX5?

I looked and couldn't find anything. Just videos for the Mazda3 and Mazda6

Last edited:
I did the AIO Tweak. It really makes the Infotainment system a lot more friendly, customization and fun to use. The Speedo app is great for those without HUD as it allows one to see the MPH without having to look down. It's at eye level and in large font. See below pic.

I also did the Android Auto upgrade and I can also play Movies via USB (parked). And a whole bunch of other stuff has been opened up. I highly recommend it.

Attachments

• Speedo.jpg
    Speedo.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 264
I did the AIO Tweak. It really makes the Infotainment system a lot more friendly, customization and fun to use. The Speedo app is great for those without HUD as it allows one to see the MPH without having to look down. It's at eye level and in large font. See below pic.

I also did the Android Auto upgrade and I can also play Movies via USB (parked). And a whole bunch of other stuff has been opened up. I highly recommend it.

I forget which version of firmware you had. I assume you did the serial connection back of cmu?

Also, please let us know stability and usability. I would only really want to mirror some apps like waze, or podcast player, but always wondering about memory issues, or usability (touch screen vs. rotary)

At your own risk. Not sure why this is such a secret when there are multiple pages of proven hacks on multiple forums and pages.

That user actually installed an inline android box that is behind the dash. No software hack, but about $500. He says it wasnt from aliexpress but would not post any links other then his own video and email.

That user actually installed an inline android box that is behind the dash. No software hack, but about $500. He says it wasnt from aliexpress but would not post any links other then his own video and email.

Possibly trying to sell something then.

I forget which version of firmware you had. I assume you did the serial connection back of cmu?

Also, please let us know stability and usability. I would only really want to mirror some apps like waze, or podcast player, but always wondering about memory issues, or usability (touch screen vs. rotary)

Yes, I had to access via the serial connection at the CMU. Removing the trim was pretty easy as long as you have the plastic trim removal tool.

So far, stability and usability is really good. No issues. The AIO Tweak has been run and tested for a long time.

The mirror app is called "catscreen"

Yes, I had to access via the serial connection at the CMU. Removing the trim was pretty easy as long as you have the plastic trim removal tool.

So far, stability and usability is really good. No issues. The AIO Tweak has been run and tested for a long time.

The mirror app is called "catscreen"

I was just curious on your one personal feelings. Are you using Android Auto? Do you have a swap file? Did you remove SD card... how well does the rotary dial work with other apps, etc.

Back