Strutbar

I loved it, except it tore one of the mounting brackets right off the axle! A little weld fixed that right up.

Best mod for handling, IMO.

That sounds frightening, though modding to improve cornering sounds like something I'd be interested in.

I have been using mine for years now, with CS springs and I did not have any issues yet. It is set, at the stiffest setting(there are two settings only).
My car, feels like a go-kart.

Is it common for the mounting bracket to get torn with a rear sway bar? I'm looking to getting one and am concerned about this happening.

That sounds frightening, though modding to improve cornering sounds like something I'd be interested in.

I figured it was just Subaru engineering to the minimum. The stock sway bar was about 1/2" diameter, and the Cork was closer to an inch, so it put a lot more stress on the bracket. It was no big deal when it tore off-- it was REALLY obvious that the rear end got loose. And it just got loose, not crazy or anything. It would have been dangerous only if I was racing and it happened in a curve at speed. And it was a simple weld to put it right. It didn't break anything, just popped the crummy spot weld Subaru used to attach the bracket. That happened on the back. The front brackets held up fine.

CD, you would love it.

EDIT: [Don't be confused by this discussion of anti-sway bars being in a thread titled strut bar. They are entirely different things.]

Last edited:
I figured it was just Subaru engineering to the minimum. The stock sway bar was about 1/2" diameter, and the Cork was closer to an inch, so it put a lot more stress on the bracket. It was no big deal when it tore off-- it was REALLY obvious that the rear end got loose. And it just got loose, not crazy or anything. It would have been dangerous only if I was racing and it happened in a curve at speed. And it was a simple weld to put it right. It didn't break anything, just popped the crummy spot weld Subaru used to attach the bracket. That happened on the back. The front brackets held up fine.

CD, you would love it.

EDIT: [Don't be confused by this discussion of anti-sway bars being in a thread titled strut bar. They are entirely different things.]

Thanks for your response. Do you recommend any aftermarket bracket that could support a larger diameter sway bar?

Thanks for your response. Do you recommend any aftermarket bracket that could support a larger diameter sway bar?

The bracket was OK. It was just spot welded to the axle, and that weld failed. I had the bracket fully welded to the axle and had no further problems.

Back