2019 Floor Mats?

Sloth_3

:
2019 CX-5 GT-R
Just picked up a 2019 and it looks like my usual go-to brands (Weathertech and Husky) don't have the custom mats available yet. Does anyone know if the dimensions changed from 2018 model? Thanks!

I have a set of Weathertechs in my '17 and plan to transfer them to my '19 Signature when it arrives.

AFAIK nothing has changed with the floor dimensions between '17 and '19.
You should be good to go by ordering for a '18.

ADDENDUM: The mats from my '17 fit perfectly in my '19.

Last edited:
Genuine Mazda CX-5 Premium Floor Liners (2nd Row) 00VP-CX-5FL2-0

Genuine Mazda CX-5 Premium Floor Liners (1st Row) 00VP-CX-5FL1-0

Search for these part numbers on ebay. I see no reason why the 2019 model is any different. Anyway, the above mats are sold by Canada dealers and are really nice with the CX5 logo etc. They shipped to USA in about a week.

I just got back from the WeatherTech Factory Store; the 2018 mats fit perfectly, as does the cargo liner.

Get the 3DMaxpider ones, they made the premium OEM mats so the quailty is top notch with covering for dead paddle and about 70% of the OEM price.

The cheapest I can find the 3DMaxpider ones for are $150 for 4. Mazdas official site has the OEM ones for $125

I don*t know if I*d say the Maxpiders are cheaper than oem but I will say imho they*re better and well worth the extra $. Just one person*s opinion who*s had 3 sets of Maxpiders with a daughter who has the oems and bought Maxpiders too. Take a close look at the two before deciding.

The cheapest I can find the 3DMaxpider ones for are $150 for 4. Mazdas official site has the OEM ones for $125

Oops sorry my American friends, it seems that the premium mat that 3DMaxpider produced is only available in Canada (see link below) https://mazdashop.ca/products/premium-floor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018-2019
The main difference between the all-weather and premium ones is cover for dead pedal, the all-weather ones is heavy with solid rubber which isnt bad at all but the lack of cover for dead pedal is a deal breaker for me.

Oops sorry my American friends, it seems that the premium mat that 3DMaxpider produced is only available in Canada (see link below) https://mazdashop.ca/products/premium-floor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018-2019
The main difference between the all-weather and premium ones is cover for dead pedal, the all-weather ones is heavy with solid rubber which isnt bad at all but the lack of cover for dead pedal is a deal breaker for me.

The oem mats in your link above look very similar design and material as the Maxpiders; maybe they are made for Mazda? Nearly identical except the oem has more ridges and the logo molded in.

Not a fan of too many ridges and channels myself, just too hard to clean. Guess it depends on your winter climate though, if you have a lot of snowy shoes the deep channels are good.

No one should be choosing the Weathertech over the Husky liners for the 2017-2019 Mazda CX-5.

I closely compared both, pulling images from their websites, and putting them side-by-side.

The Husky liners have SIGNIFICANTLY better coverage on the drivers side (up the dead pedal) and second row (further under front seats).

Husky is the way to go for this vehicle.

No one should be choosing the Weathertech over the Husky liners for the 2017-2019 Mazda CX-5.

I closely compared both, pulling images from their websites, and putting them side-by-side.

The Husky liners have SIGNIFICANTLY better coverage on the drivers side (up the dead pedal) and second row (further under front seats).

Husky is the way to go for this vehicle.

I bought Weathertech and see no issue with their coverage area. Are you just going off of pictures?

I bought Weathertech and see no issue with their coverage area. Are you just going off of pictures?

You might see no issues, but there is less coverage than the Husky mats provide.

The Husky mats...
- Completely cover the dead pedal (instead of partially)
- Completely cover the 'bump' on the inside corner of the front row (instead of going around it)
- Second row mats extend further under the first row

In addition, the Husky cargo liner has the same look/style as the front mats.
The Weathertech cargo liner looks like it came from a different company, with a mismatched design compared to the front mats.

You might see no issues, but there is less coverage than the Husky mats provide.

The Husky mats...
- Completely cover the dead pedal (instead of partially)
- Completely cover the 'bump' on the inside corner of the front row (instead of going around it)
- Second row mats extend further under the first row

In addition, the Husky cargo liner has the same look/style as the front mats.
The Weathertech cargo liner looks like it came from a different company, with a mismatched design compared to the front mats.

I stand corrected on the dead pedal side. I never noticed it until you brought it up. I'll have to make something to cover it better. As far as the rest, they cover quite well.

I do not like the WT cargo liner. I'm going with this one, which I believe is OEM: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

The oem mats in your link above look very similar design and material as the Maxpiders; maybe they are made for Mazda? Nearly identical except the oem has more ridges and the logo molded in.

Not a fan of too many ridges and channels myself, just too hard to clean. Guess it depends on your winter climate though, if you have a lot of snowy shoes the deep channels are good.
Yes 3DMaxpider made the Mazda premium so the material is idenitical, but I went with 3DMaxpider ones for it's simple look and PRICE, it's selling on Amazon.ca for about 50 bucks cheaper than the OEMs, not much but its something. :)
a>

Last edited:
I just installed the 3D MAXpider Kagu into my 2019. The fit doesn*t seem quite perfect, but certainly good enough. They*re so light and fabric-like that it*s hard to believe they*re all weather. But we*ll see how they hold up next week, after the snow hits.

I just installed the 3D MAXpider Kagu into my 2019. The fit doesn*t seem quite perfect, but certainly good enough. They*re so light and fabric-like that it*s hard to believe they*re all weather. But we*ll see how they hold up next week, after the snow hits.

Hmmm... mine fit perfectly. Unless maybe you*re thinking they are a little large? All three sets I*ve had have fit so well they had to be pushed into place, I always guessed that was because they are so light and need to be sorta wedged to stay in place.

As far as wear, I felt the same as you but they*ve held up great for me. Even under my wife*s heels for an hour each way every day to work.

Just installed the same ones on my 2019. First, got them on eBay but made the mistake of not looking into the year model and realized after installing them the fit was not exact si had to return them. Then I called 3D MAXpider and asked for the 2019 model item number and ordered them from AutoAnything.com at $113 total for the full set and they fit great now

Just installed the same ones on my 2019. First, got them on eBay but made the mistake of not looking into the year model and realized after installing them the fit was not exact si had to return them. Then I called 3D MAXpider and asked for the 2019 model item number and ordered them from AutoAnything.com at $113 total for the full set and they fit great now

What year did you originally order?

I see item L1MZ05801509, 3D Maxpider Kagu front and rear mats, on that site for $150. Same price at Amazon and walmart.com. They fit the 2018 CX-5 but were you given a different item number for 2019?

Last edited:
Back