Consumer Reports 2019 Brand Report Card

Colorado_2018

:
2018 CX5
Take CR for what it's worth (we all have our opinions on that). For those who are interested the article link is at the bottom. Mazda did not take the top pick in any category (not sure it ever will and I don't care - that's not what it's all about).

The article shows the top pick in each category. Below is the list by brand:

1 Subaru
2 Genesis
3 Porsche
4 Audi
5 Lexus
6 Mazda
7 BMW
8 Lincoln
9 Toyota
10 Hyundai
11 Volkswagen
12 Kia
13 Honda
14 Infiniti
15 Mini
20 Ford
25 Dodge
30 Mitsubishi
31 Land Rover
32 Jaguar
33 Fiat

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/best-cars-suvs-autos-spotlight/index.htm

Honda is like Apple: Many people believe they are always at or very near #1 but the reality is that they haven't been for many years.

Tesla stocks have plunged after CR placed them near the bottom of CR's reliability list. In that list, Mazda came in 3rd after Lexus and Toyota. Subaru came in 4th.

Honda is like Apple: Many people believe they are always at or very near #1 but the reality is that they haven't been for many years.

Sounds about right. As a tech PC guy, god I hate Apple. Talk about a way overvalued company.

That*s a long fall...their reputation only goes a short way...they need to get ahead of this

And it's likely to get worse for Honda. I just unloaded a 2018 Honda CR-V Touring with excessive OD and bought my 2019 CX-5 Signature. Feelin' Alive again!

LOL Honda.

Edmunds just listed the CR-V as their number one pick for small SUV.
I took exception to that and told them that.
Nowhere in their glowing review did they mention the OD issue or the cold-cabin-this-thing-never-warms-up issues (in cold climates).
I wrote them a polite but firm e-mail stating the issues and questioning their choices,
and they replied back saying they base their review on a week long test drive (probably in a warm state) and that they try to stay unbiased in their evaluations. Ok. Whatever.

The Forester as top compact SUV makes sense because of it's great gas mileage. CR weights mpg highly. They admit that it is underpowered.

Wow, just got myself up to date on this Honda problem. What a colossal screw up! They've had this problem for 2 years and they're still selling the same engine? Did I get this right?
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-repair-maintenance/honda-cr-v-affected-by-engine-trouble/

Indeed it is! And Honda's response to it has been abysmal. While Honda contends it "fixed" the problem in 2019 CR-Vs with the same poorly-designed engine, there are several new CR-V owners who say otherwise. So glad I unloaded my CR-V and made my way to Mazda and the CX-5.

How the hell did Mazda lose to Subaru for "road test score" unless it was the WRX every time vs. the various Mazdas? Seriously? CR called that one wrong, IMO, on that one aspect.

Yep, he popped up about 2 weeks ago saying how he loves his CR-V and how Mazda sucks.

I still don't understand why he had (has) such a hate on for Mazda. I asked him that question point blank more than once (when he was still on here), and never got an answer.
He avoided the subject completely. It's an unhealthy obsession. I'm glad he's gone from these pages.

Back