DECEMBER, 2018 map is available now...

thanks for the heads up...
I believe these are going to be obsolete soon with the use of Carplay and Android Auto.

Is the update free for first 2 years? I have an ND club in which I had to buy the chip separate but did a few updates a while back.

I thought it was 3 years for the free updates. I did an update around 2-1/2 years in and it was free. Has it changed?

I thought it was 3 years for the free updates. I did an update around 2-1/2 years in and it was free. Has it changed?
Yes, its 3 years for the free upgrade. I did a free upgrade once right before 3-year period is up last March.

They don't add new roads very quickly, I plan on updating the map every 3 or 4 years or so, not every time they add a new one.

yeah it's a shame that it doesn't work with the HUD however, i feel the maps on your smart phone are far more superior than the ones offered on the infotainment system.
Does the mazda maps take traffic into account? I know that's one of the reasons i stopped using it.
But i will say the mazda maps does work and is one of the more reliable ones i've used.

Could care less about Android Auto or Carplay since they don't work with the HUD.

Does the mazda maps take traffic into account? I know that's one of the reasons i stopped using it.

I've tested this a few times before. Set the gps in the vehicle to my house and then do the same with Waze and start them at the same time. Typically, the Waze app finds a route that's at least 5 minutes faster than the Mazda's gps.

not to mention the closed roads and police vicinity warnings alone was enough for me to stop using the Infotainment/ Navteq maps

I've tested this a few times before. Set the gps in the vehicle to my house and then do the same with Waze and start them at the same time. Typically, the Waze app finds a route that's at least 5 minutes faster than the Mazda's gps.

I've done this a few times. Once on a 6 hour road trip. They are always identical EXCEPT on the aforementioned road trip. Waze routed me a different way around Detroit and shaved like 30 minutes off.

Has anyone been able to back up their nav card to a different sd card? I copied the files to an sd card but my car didn't load navigation with it. It would suck if the Mazda card broke and I had no backup sd card.

I just did the DEC update with no problem. Second time I did it since getting our 2018 this past summer. But I must say, the road updates are at least a year behind! We drove down to N.C in November and the navigation was missing a road that had been constructed 1 year ago (an extension of 140 south of Wilmington, NC). Hopefully this latest update is a little more up to date!

Has anyone been able to back up their nav card to a different sd card? I copied the files to an sd card but my car didn't load navigation with it. It would suck if the Mazda card broke and I had no backup sd card.

Good thing cards don't break just sitting there in your reader.

back before they did the PC software update, there was an option to "Backup" existing card.
Now there is no such option...but it's been a while, maybe they added it back on?
anywho, i copied all files over to the new card and it worked...make sure the new card is formatted correctly.. good luck!

Back