Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote for Trump, i watch a lot of news and Clinton would never see my vote.

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers..........

Sounds like Hillary fooled you. I will be in the market for a new car about a year from now, so it won't be a Mazda if car play is not available.
Nobody mentioned Vince Foster and those missing FBI files? Sorry to stir things up for these slow days here... :)

I also believe Mazda is more interested developing G-Vectoring Control where average car drivers don't care, than Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Don't think they would be available anytime soon!

I'd second this. Given the system runs Linux, and I already can easily mirror the screen from my Android phone with the CastScreen app, I think Android would be supported first. Also, the open-source nature of Android makes it a lot easier than the proprietary iOS.

Well, I mean, iOS is a version of MacOS (previously OS X), which is a unix-based operating system. That has nothing to do with the Android compatibility.

Also, open-source has nothing to do with Mazda's ability to create a CarPlay-enabled system. It obviously helps regular developers/DIY folks, hence why the Infotainment hacks have been able to enable Android Auto stuff. But Mazda/JCI have access to the CarPlay APIs and code via Apple, so it doesn't affect the development at all.

@Heritage07 Lol. No, Hillary didn't fool me either. Like the Germans are saying. The entire US election is like watching Muppets in action.

The 2017s are already out or soon will be. There is no evidence Car Play will be in the 2017 models. Hypothetically speaking, adding it to the mid year cycle model would be a big upgrade. It would definitely piss off a lot of early purchasers.

What models are you considering? While Honda is ahead in terms of tech, long term reliability in terms of transmission and engine seems to be an issue. Reading some comments in the Honda forum give me a great laugh. One poster wrote that despite needing a new engine and/or transmission at his expense, he would still buy another Honda. Toyota doesn't have Carplay either. Fortunately, Mazda and Toyota are the minorities here. Just don't be surprised if a Mazda rep uses that excuse for not having it the 2017 Mazda3.

I really like the new MX5 RF. My kids are grown and I really want a convertible. I have a 2011 BMW 328 with 127,000 on it and it's been flawless, but I have been looking a the 2 series convertible and it already has car play available. I am not in a hurry so it will be towards the end of 2017, so maybe the 2018 MX 5 will have CarPlay. I sold my Harley in the spring and I miss the wind!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesnt look like it will be anytime soon.
59bf5ac089af41584ce0cf294ba2a537.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Ah yes...there will always be that one person that clings to false hope, despite the facts.

Android Auto and Carplay are coming to Mazda. It is just a matter of when, and if it will be delivered to current generations or if it will be only in new cars going forward(when it's released). I have been told before from Mazda reps that it is coming but just don't know when. And I've been told the same response that was posted above. But cragio is 100% right. Support reps I have learned know pretty much nothing. I have chatted tons and tons of support reps from various companies and the lack of knowledge is scary.

Lastly, the fact that people continue to find more and more glimpses of AA/Carplay code in each consecutive Mazda Connect update is very promising imo. It was rumored a long time ago that version 60 would bring AA/Carplay. We're at 59. Which was found to have even more code from AA/carplay. Lets keep our fingers crossed and maybe 2017 will bring us these platforms.

Mazda is not popular nor big enough to forgo these platforms. Maybe Toyota can get away with it but not Mazda. They will have to include it eventually as just about all manufactures are beginning to include it. It will be like Bluetooth soon. Cars will be expected to have them.

Android Auto and Carplay are coming to Mazda. It is just a matter of when, and if it will be delivered to current generations or if it will be only in new cars going forward(when it's released).
Death is coming to all of us too, it's just a matter of when. The point here is that we have no evidence at all to suggest that Mazda North America will be implementing AA and ACP in the near future (next few years). The Asian market is considerably different than in North America. For example. In Asia they had rear backup sensors a long time ago and we never got that here. What we got just a few years ago was a backup camera, as they did too.

Dave Coleman said they are working on it in one of the YouTube videos.
Yes.I do believe that. Manufacturers work on current projects that will not be implemented until many years later. Apple is currently working on the iPhone 11, even iPhone 12.

Death is coming to all of us too, it's just a matter of when. The point here is that we have no evidence at all to suggest that Mazda North America will be implementing AA and ACP in the near future (next few years). The Asian market is considerably different than in North America. For example. In Asia they had rear backup sensors a long time ago and we never got that here. What we got just a few years ago was a backup camera, as they did too.

BU sensors were a port-installed option when we bought our 2015. They work but the signal is really annoying. Mine are normally turned off at the rocker switch next to the trunk interior light (left side above the wheel arch in 2015s) but tend to get turned on accidentally when I'm loading the trunk.

BU sensors were a port-installed option when we bought our 2015. They work but the signal is really annoying. Mine are normally turned off at the rocker switch next to the trunk interior light (left side above the wheel arch in 2015s) but tend to get turned on accidentally when I'm loading the trunk.

Sorry to Hijack, I'm just responding to above post. If there's anything that chaps my ass about this car it's the options available to the US market.

What a dumb choice by Mazda NA. I have a 2016 (March Build) and have the same set up. It comes across as an afterthought, and doesn't sound good. It's a 3 party feature with a 3d party sound (not integrated into the audio system). Meanwhile Europe gets the factory installed, (integrated into the entertainment display) PDC (Front AND Rear) as an option.

notice the sensors on the Euro version

Mazda-CX-5-2015-4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

vs the US version

which is a MODIFICATION made at the port, only for the rear. (uhm)(notcool)

s-l1000.jpg

There is evidence actually. Head on over to Mazda 3 revolution. Several members have found AA and Carplay code in the firmware. In fact, each consecutive firmware update has been found to contain more and more AA and Carplay code. So yes, there is evidence of Mazda working on those platforms. But yes, we just don't know when it will be coming. But why would there be code if they weren't working on it. Exactly.

Heck, I just wish they'd get Pandora to work.........

Apparently then new 59 firmware update is fixes the Pandora issue. Haven't been able to get in to the dealer though to update.

Head over to vtec.net and read recent posts in the thread "Consumer Reports no longer recommends Honda Civic." Honda has AA and ACP but we might be glad that Mazda is taking a cautious approach. These platforms are great concepts but the reality seems to be (in the words of one of their moderators) "half baked" at this point.

Head over to vtec.net and read recent posts in the thread "Consumer Reports no longer recommends Honda Civic." Honda has AA and ACP but we might be glad that Mazda is taking a cautious approach. These platforms are great concepts but the reality seems to be (in the words of one of their moderators) "half baked" at this point.
"Half baked" is still better than nothing!

Consumer Reports no longer recommends Honda Civic has nothing to do with Honda offering Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in Civic!

Sorry to Hijack, I'm just responding to above post. If there's anything that chaps my ass about this car it's the options available to the US market.

What a dumb choice by Mazda NA.. I have a 2016 (March Build) and have the same set up. It comes across as an afterthought, and doesn't sound good. It's a 3 party feature with a 3d party sound (not integrated into the audio system). Meanwhile Europe gets the factory installed, (integrated into the entertainment display) PDC (Front AND Rear) as an option.

notice the sensors on the Euro version

Mazda-CX-5-2015-4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

vs the US version

which is a MODIFICATION made at the port, only for the rear. (uhm)(notcool)

s-l1000.jpg
Whoever has a chance to see what amenities Mazda has offered in other regions would be upset like you and me. In addition to integrated front and rear parking sensors you mentioned, Smart City Brake Support Forward and Reverse、i-stop、i-ELOOP、memory driver seat、6-way power passenger seat、Adaptive LED Headlamps、rear fog light、front/rear fog light dash indicators、one-touch up/down power window for all 4 doors with lighted switches、power outside rearview folding mirrors、glove compartment light、entrance courtesy lights、AC "Echo" mode on Automatic Climate Control, etc., all are available only on CX-5's sold outside of North American market!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back