Vibration Issue 50+mph

Ha all. Have a 2019 GT. Noticed from the start it had vibration issues Slow and high speeds. Took it to dealer, and they balanced. The slow speed vibration went away but still had a very significant one at 50+. Had it road force balanced by independent shop and still a vibration at 55+mph. I plan on going back to dealer and not leaving until its fixed, but just wondering if anyone has similar experiences and tips? The vibration is worse in AM vs PM. In AM I feel it a low speeds but after a few miles of driving the slow speed vibration goes away. High speed ALWAYS there. Tires are at recommended 34 PSI.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Ha all. Have a 2019 GT. Noticed from the start it had vibration issues Slow and high speeds. Took it to dealer, and they balanced. The slow speed vibration went away but still had a very significant one at 50+. Had it road force balanced by independent shop and still a vibration at 55+mph. I plan on going back to dealer and not leaving until it*s fixed, but just wondering if anyone has similar experiences and tips? The vibration is worse in AM vs PM. In AM I feel it a low speeds but after a few miles of driving the slow speed vibration goes away. High speed ALWAYS there. Tires are at recommended 34 PSI.

Thanks in advance.

Drive another 2019 GT, verify there is no vibration issue, and swap the tires and wheels from that vehicle to yours to verify vibration is corrected with swap.

Drive another 2019 GT, verify there is no vibration issue, and swap the tires and wheels from that vehicle to yours to verify vibration is corrected with swap.

Thanks. Ill push for that. Im not so optimistic dealing with dealers.

I'm calling a bum tire.

I've had el-cheapo tires do weird things like that. Rims are good...shop balanced them...still a vibration that won't go away until you get new tires.

Last edited:
If it is a bad tire you would notice a change swapping the fronts to the back and the backs to the front.

Also have the wheels checked for a bent rim or (unlikely) eccentricity from a manufacturing defect.

So whats the consensus?

Ha all. Have a 2019 GT. Noticed from the start it had vibration issues Slow and high speeds. Took it to dealer, and they balanced. The slow speed vibration went away but still had a very significant one at 50+. Had it road force balanced by independent shop and still a vibration at 55+mph. I plan on going back to dealer and not leaving until its fixed, but just wondering if anyone has similar experiences and tips? The vibration is worse in AM vs PM. In AM I feel it a low speeds but after a few miles of driving the slow speed vibration goes away. High speed ALWAYS there. Tires are at recommended 34 PSI.

Thanks in advance.

So I just bought a 2019 CX9 GT, I seem to have a similar problem to more than a few of you. Same vibration at highway speed. The dealer road force balanced them , or at least they tried. Also rotated the tires , never any vibration in the wheel , always feels like its coming from the rear of the vehicle. I see from the different threads that this doesnt seem to new problem. So whats the consensus is it the tires ? Or is there something else?

Thanks

Thanks in advance.
I have gone through that issue for 10,000 kms , even thought the tires were bad, ( Bridgestone Ecopias suck!!) at the end the problem was warped disc brakes, sounds silly because there was almost imperceptible vibration while braking but there was a constant vibration when i reached 62 mph onwards . change the discs itll solve the problem

Last edited:
So here’s my update...

Went to the dealer where I purchased. They gave me a loaner off the bat. Later told me that 3 out of 4 of my Falken tires have flat spots. They tried to road force but didn’t work. 2.5 weeks later in a loaner and after waiting for Mazda USA to allow Dealer to replace the tires and after dealer waiting to go through their insurance company, dealer put on 3 new tires. yes 3, not 4. Vibration is far far less but still comes on at about 68-70. Before it was felt from 55 and up and was far more severe. But it is far less Now than before. The one tire they left dealer Claims is within specs. I don’t have the time to keep Going back and forth to dealer to fight over 1 tire. I will rotate the one original tire to the front (it is in the rear now and I feel the small vibration coming from that side) and see if I feel the vibration more or less. I may just get a brand new tire on my own. I don’t understand why they would change 3 out of 4 tires and not all 4 but I just don’t have the time to keep going back and forth to dealer.
I am curious about the brake discs being the cause. I would imagine that bent or uneven discs will show themselves when breaking. My breaking feel doesn’t show anything wrong.
it seems to me that flat spots seems to be the biggest issue with the CX9 as it is very heavy.
Interestingly, the loaner I had drove PERFECT!!! It had the Bridgestones. Dealer offered to swap my tires with the loaner but I refused as the loaner had 4500+ miles on them. I would love to find someone/somewhere willing to let me take off my one remaining original tire/wheel and test run a different rim/tire to see if that one last original tire is the root of my remaining problem.
I’m leaning towards tires being the vibration cause.

So , the dealer got Falken to replace 3 tires as they tried to road force balance them and couldn’t get them to balance. Got the vehicle back this afternoon with my 3 new tires and road force balance complete. Vibration is still there ... ugh
Seems like lots of opinions on tires , rotors, alignment, is there an answer yet? Between Covid and this vibration I’m gonna lose it

"the problem was warped disc brakes "
I don't believe that. (a) cast iron brake discs don't warp. They can develop not-visible accumulations of pad material that can cause pad grab-slip-grab-slip known as brake judder. Resurfacing removes the deposits and cures "warped" discs. (b) More possible is that a misbalanced or otherwise defectively manufactured disc was the cause of the vibration.

Is there any chance you can say--with a straight face--that the high speed vibration just might cause control problems...a safety issue? File a Lemon Law claim. That gets Mazda North America's attention. It's been a long time since I've seen a car with a big lemon picture on the roof parked in front of a dealership. On a busy Saturday. Maybe the time has come again. The dealership can afford to buy you one new tire.

My 2016 Falken tires have been silky smooth.

Back