Questions/concerns about new 2019 CX5

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
Picked up a Grand Touring Reserve yesterday from a dealership the next state over.

Couple of things I noticed on the long drive home and when I finally got home.

1) There seems to be windnoise/humming sound from the top of the car and top of the drivers side window. I don't have any options (roof rack, etc.) and it seems to pop up when it's at 60-70 mph.

Checked the windows and sunroof and they're all shut properly.

2) The front passenger door doesn't seem to shut properly. Without a lot of force, the door doesn't seem to shut properly. I have to put some effort/pressure to close the door.

The other doors on the car seem to shut fine with little effort.

Things I should be concerned about?

Picked up a Grand Touring Reserve yesterday from a dealership the next state over.

Couple of things I noticed on the long drive home and when I finally got home.

1) There seems to be windnoise/humming sound from the top of the car and top of the drivers side window. I don't have any options (roof rack, etc.) and it seems to pop up when it's at 60-70 mph.

Checked the windows and sunroof and they're all shut properly.

2) The front passenger door doesn't seem to shut properly. Without a lot of force, the door doesn't seem to shut properly. I have to put some effort/pressure to close the door.

The other doors on the car seem to shut fine with little effort.

Things I should be concerned about?

Did you test drive it, or even get in it/open all doors, etc. before you bought it? Did other CX5s on the lot have similar door closing situations?

Did you test drive it, or even get in it/open all doors, etc. before you bought it? Did other CX5s on the lot have similar door closing situations?

It's only the front right door that seems to exhibit this. So I never bothered to open it during the test drive as I was only focused on getting in/out of the drivers side and checking out the back seat.

It's only the front right door that seems to exhibit this. So I never bothered to open it during the test drive as I was only focused on getting in/out of the drivers side and checking out the back seat.

Id take it back and have them look at it in the morning and go from there.

I have a 2019 Signature. Same exact door issue. You don't have to necessarily close it real hard, but it needs a firmer touch than the other 3 doors.

If one door is different than the rest, thats worth having checked out. But I have noticed on mine (also 2019 GTR), it does take quite a firm push to close the doors, Im getting used to it but my wife usually has to do it twice every time because shes used to her Civic which closes more lightly.

I learned this lesson a few vehicle purchases ago. I now make a point of opening and closing everything that can be opened and closed, before signing.

Back