What have you done to your CX-5 today?

⋯ As far as spark plugs, I went down that rabbit hole last night as well. I found the Denso OEM style ones an Amazon and will probably go with those.
I personally would go for Mazda OEM spark plugs as our Owners Manual (strongly) suggested. Although the OEM plug looks the same as NGKs but twice more expensive, I do remember some SkyActiv tuner (OrangeVirus Tuning?) says theyre different and its very important to use Mazda OEM plugs. Id at least try NGK, not Denso.

I personally would go for Mazda OEM spark plugs as our Owner’s Manual (strongly) suggested. Although the OEM plug looks the same as NGK’s but twice more expensive, I do remember some SkyActiv tuner (OrangeVirus Tuning?) says they’re different and it’s very important to use Mazda OEM plugs. I’d at least try NGK, not Denso.

Yeah I actually ordered Denso's, returned, then ordered aftermarket NGKs. Engine hasn't blown up yet :)

Yeah I actually ordered Denso's, returned, then ordered aftermarket NGKs. Engine hasn't blown up yet :)
Just one DIY oil change I can make all the price difference back! (whistle)

So after I dropped off the car yesterday, they set me up with a 2017 CX-5 as a loaner. Holy crap, the throttle response was SO much better than my 2014. I know they remapped things a bit, but I feel like my engine might be showing it's age a little. I kind of wonder if it saw a lot of city driving with not much hard driving and got a lot of carbon built up on the intake valves. I went deep into the intake valve cleaning rabbit hole last night. Apparently these engines are better at avoiding buildup, but some high rpm driving helps a lot. I'll try that out when I get mine back. If not, I might check the MAF and maybe prematurely replace spark plugs.

No, the 2017 is just better. I had the exact same experience as you. I also got new spark plugs, and new fluids and the car felt the same. The 2017 feels faster and quicker.

Xpel door edge protector. I should have gotten this from the very start my car rolled out of the dealership.

Note: this and deep dish matting is a must.
16bf9e075b934bc45060569cc91f59d8.jpg

Drove to Santa Fe after work yesterday. About a 6 hour trip. Mostly 80 - 85 MPH.

Averaged about 28MPG on the way till I hit New Mexico and had many more curves, hills, and very strong wind to fight.

At the cargo bay. I need something that can be removed when space is needed. I'm not a fan of under the seat sub because of time alignment issues.
It's out of the car because the sub blew (I removed a suspect battery cap) but mine sits over where the spare tire goes. Then I have another board to replace the upper portion so the rear is totally covered in OEM style. I used two door hinges and 2 metal straps to secure the box to the plastic trim at the tailgate, and the floor pan to keep it from hopping when hitting a bump etc. There is still storage space under the box (about 3-4") and behind it.
YisTdVx.jpg

GnCtRf9.jpg

Figured I'd try a thread where everyone can post up what they did for their ride today.

I gave her a nice hand wash and sealed her with some JetSeal 109.

Dodo Juice is on deck...

JetSeal is like a drug. The stuff should be put on the DEA Schedule I list. Highly addictive qualities:
IMG_0189.JPG_-_Windows_Photo_Viewer_2017-10-23_11.36.38.png

Attachments

• IMG_0189.JPG - Windows Photo Viewer 2017-10-23 11.36.38.png
    IMG_0189.JPG - Windows Photo Viewer 2017-10-23 11.36.38.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 119
It's out of the car because the sub blew (I removed a suspect battery cap) but mine sits over where the spare tire goes. Then I have another board to replace the upper portion so the rear is totally covered in OEM style. I used two door hinges and 2 metal straps to secure the box to the plastic trim at the tailgate, and the floor pan to keep it from hopping when hitting a bump etc. There is still storage space under the box (about 3-4") and behind it.
YisTdVx.jpg

GnCtRf9.jpg
Awesome!!! I would like that too but I need dry inch in my cargo bay that's why I opted a removable sub. But your idea is perfect! Maybe in the future I would do that.

Spare wheel sub, is very good. I had to raise the floor two inches, using 2x4s, but still looks good(when covered, not so much opened) and sounds good. Speaker does not need to be visible.

Today I had an accident, trying to avoid peacocks. Somebody rear ended me. Right rear bumper is damaged and the hatch door.

Spare wheel sub, is very good. I had to raise the floor two inches, using 2x4s, but still looks good(when covered, not so much opened) and sounds good. Speaker does not need to be visible.

Today I had an accident, trying to avoid peacocks. Somebody rear ended me. Right rear bumper is damaged and the hatch door.

You have peacocks where you live? Dont forget to add "Diminished Value Claim" to their insurance.

You have peacocks where you live? Dont forget to add "Diminished Value Claim" to their insurance.
Not sure in California where tibimakai lives, but Ive been told theres no "Diminished Value Claim" in Texas.

Back