2017~2024 INFO tainment

The system went berserk in my Signature last night,shutting down,rebooting,switching XM channels on its own,even switches from USB stick to XM and back on its own. My 2016.5 would usually reboot several times in cold weather but nothing like this,and its not even cold here yet,only about 1c. I'm going to mention it to the dealer next time I'm in,but what do you people think?

Phantom touches on the screen. It's broken. My first thought.

Take it to the dealer. Usually the first troubleshooting step is to update the firmware to the latest version, or reflash if the latest version is already installed. If it keeps doing it after that, it's likely defective and would be replaced under warranty.

This is going on ALL over the place!

THere's major complaints on the CX5 Subreddit on Reddit, and all over Facebook too.

You aren't the only one.. there's hundreds of us going through this same issue.

There's definitely a software issue somewhere that has been triggered within the last week or so.. There's been an explosion of this going on everywhere.

This is going on ALL over the place!

THere's major complaints on the CX5 Subreddit on Reddit, and all over Facebook too.

You aren't the only one.. there's hundreds of us going through this same issue.

There's definitely a software issue somewhere that has been triggered within the last week or so.. There's been an explosion of this going on everywhere.

No issues with S/XM. Use bluetooth and USB too. Only one thing a month ago where could only receive stations in the 300 range but that seemed like a S/XM issue and not infotainment.

The system went berserk in my Signature last night,shutting down,rebooting,switching XM channels on its own,even switches from USB stick to XM and back on its own. My 2016.5 would usually reboot several times in cold weather but nothing like this,and its not even cold here yet,only about 1c. I'm going to mention it to the dealer next time I'm in,but what do you people think?

Experienced the same issues during our recent trip from NJ to Yellowstone, dealer's visit already scheduled. Otherwise, the car (2019 Sig) performed very well: quiet
and good steering/handling, 6200 miles with the average 28.1 mpg (70-80 mph), this included some driving in Pittsburgh and Chicago.

You have a 2016.5 CX-5, watch your 3-year / 36-month new-car warranty making sure to take your CX-5 in for such problem before your new car warranty expires.

It*s definitely not the software problem, it*s the hardware. The head unit of infotainment system needs to be replaced.

Interesting. I've had 3 spontaneous reboots in the last two days on my '19 Signature. Two times using CarPlay. One time without.

Last edited:
You have a 2016.5 CX-5, watch your 3-year / 36-month new-car warranty making sure to take your CX-5 in for such problem before your new car warranty expires.

It*s definitely not the software problem, it*s the hardware. The head unit of infotainment system needs to be replaced.

No,I have a 2019 Signature now,the 2016.5 was my former Mazda

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the starter battery? If it's a software glitch, you have a chance of resolving it this way.

what version are you on?
check infotainment for version, last menu to the right.

Latest is 70.0.335c for NA. The one before is 70.0.100.

Sirius XM seems to be pushing updates over the air. It caused similar crashes in other cars before. What else could trigger a wide spread event around the same date? https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/15/17017946/fiat-chrysler-rebooting-screen-uconnect-problem

I FIRMLY believe this is the issue.

It doesn*t make sense to be a hardware issue.

I*m sure we*ve all had random reboots here and there, but mine have escalated over the past two weeks to daily, sometimes multiple daily reboots.

If it was a hardware issue, we ALL wouldn*t be experiencing it around the same time. Including new vehicles JUST delivered.

Someone here posted they picked their car up and that day it rebooted twice.

It is likely a software issue that needs to be patched.

Some have suggested that taking the nav card out helps. It could also be something bad on the nav card but I highly doubt that too. I don*t think the nav card contains date-specific data, so it doesn*t make sense why these issues would all just fire up for hundreds of people at the same time.

Does the SD card (that has navigation data) talk to Sirius XM? Travelink/traffic? May or may not be related. Anyone heard anything positive from dealers yet?

Back