Feedback/Driving Impressions of 2019 CX9

Sasi

:
2019 Mazda CX-9
For folks who have test driven or bought the 2019 CX9, please share your feedback on the suspension changes and extra sound dampening that was done for 2019 model year. It will help prospective buyers like me :)

Your local dealers don't have any 2018s or 2019s on their lots? I'd be more inclined to experience the difference firsthand by test driving a 2018 and a 2019 back to back, instead of relying on the combined feedback from a 2019 owner and a 2018 owner. Might be a good idea to wait for your dealers to get both on their lots.

For folks who have test driven or bought the 2019 CX9, please share your feedback on the suspension changes and extra sound dampening that was done for 2019 model year. It will help prospective buyers like me :)

Still has the same 4-wheel independent MacPherson strut with stabilizer bar on front and Multilink with stabilizer bar in the rear. Still 4,300lbs. Still has Power rack-and-pinion with variable assist steering and EPAS power assist. Still uses SkyActive-Vehicle Dynamics with G-Vectoring Control.

Reports of "re-tuned" suspension for a "smoother and quieter ride," may have much more to do with added sound dampening material than true geometry and/or component changes/enhancements to the suspension itself. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe it rides on rails now, but the 2018 was supposed to have had suspension upgrades over the 2017 and both of them stole the corners very well as memory serves me.

Still has the same 4-wheel independent MacPherson strut with stabilizer bar on front and Multilink with stabilizer bar in the rear. Still 4,300lbs. Still has Power rack-and-pinion with variable assist steering and EPAS power assist. Still uses SkyActive-Vehicle Dynamics with G-Vectoring Control.

Reports of "re-tuned" suspension for a "smoother and quieter ride," may have much more to do with added sound dampening material than true geometry and/or component changes/enhancements to the suspension itself. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe it rides on rails now, but the 2018 was supposed to have had suspension upgrades over the 2017 and both of them stole the corners very well as memory serves me.

I think in terms of suspension, the only change from 2017 to 2018 was the addition of GVC. I might be wrong though.

I think in terms of suspension, the only change from 2017 to 2018 was the addition of GVC. I might be wrong though.

That's the only upgrade I'm familiar with from 17 to 18. And, it was a significant upgrade. I drove both and there is a difference at the edge of performance - but if you don't go to the edge, you most likely won't notice/feel it.

Back