The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

Found some OEMs style rear fogs on ebay for cheap from PRC $50.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
aBSeUf0.png

Anyone had any luck finding these but in clear around the same price?

I'm sure this question has been asked allot I search and combed this thread and did not find a clear-cut answer. Can I install LED in my high beams and have them still work as fully functioning high beams? I have a 14 touring no tech package. I'd rather loose DRL functionality over losing high beam functionality.

i bought CougarMotor LED Headlight Bulbs at amazon, H11 for my running lights and 9005 for my high beams, my running lights are perfect(they use projectors so that helps focusing the beam correctly), it is a very white light and really nice , however the high beams although very bright the light shoots too high, this high beams are not projectors but regular reflective , is there a way to lower the high beams?? where / how? some people say about a screw in t he back of the assembly that regulates this, i can not find it??? i would hate to change back the high beams to halogens (Philips 9005 CrystalVision Ultra Upgrade Headlight Bulb are my choice in that case) but i do not want to blind people on the road.

i bought CougarMotor LED Headlight Bulbs at amazon, H11 for my running lights and 9005 for my high beams, my running lights are perfect(they use projectors so that helps focusing the beam correctly), it is a very white light and really nice , however the high beams although very bright the light shoots too high, this high beams are not projectors but regular reflective , is there a way to lower the high beams?? where / how? some people say about a screw in t he back of the assembly that regulates this, i can not find it??? i would hate to change back the high beams to halogens (Philips 9005 CrystalVision Ultra Upgrade Headlight Bulb are my choice in that case) but i do not want to blind people on the road.

So you have sucessfully upgraded your halogen high beams to LED bulbs and they work correctly? Did you have to do anything to get them to work? Did you have to disable your DRL?

Hi, looking for some advice, want to upgrade my 2015 projector headlights, should I go LED or HID? And want vendor bulb would you guys recommend? Thanks!

Just changed the number plate light to LED T10 and it certainly improves rear visibility at night while reversing with the back camera. Removing the plastic cover on the light was a pain in the ---. Finally got it out after seeing this diagram that was posted in the CX-9 forum.

Attachments

• Plate Bulb Removal.JPG
    Plate Bulb Removal.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 288
Are Mazda CX-5 interior lights (2017 model) CANBUS or not? Has any one tried using the non canbus festton bulbs for dome and cargo lights? The number plate light seems to be non canbus.

Are Mazda CX-5 interior lights (2017 model) CANBUS or not? Has any one tried using the non canbus festton bulbs for dome and cargo lights? The number plate light seems to be non canbus.
No, those interior lights in CX-5 are not CANBUS. Any standard 31mm feston LEDs will work.

Just changed the interior lights to led, and they are very bright and white. Bought them from a guy in eBay UK for about 8 pounds total.

So I just got an 18 touring with pep, I want to convert all exterior bulbs to LEDs, for the classier look. Especially turn signals. What are recommended bulbs for turn signals/ brake lights?

So I just got an 18 touring with pep, I want to convert all exterior bulbs to LEDs, for the classier look. Especially turn signals. What are recommended bulbs for turn signals/ brake lights?
For 2018 CX-5 Touring, your front turn-signal / parking light uses 7444NA dual-fllament incandescent bulb; rear turn-signal uses 7440NA single-filament bulb (although owner's manual says 7443NA which is incorrect); brake / tail light uses 7443 dual-filament bulb. To prevent hyper-flash switching to LED turn signals, you need to add load resistor for each LED. There're some 7440 LEDs now claim they have built-in load resistor which is plug-and-play but not sure how reliable they would be as load resistor generates a lot of heat. For 7444NA compatible LED get switch-back type which looks nicer and distinctive.

Back