$50 rebate (cash card) from General Tire on Altimax RT43

My tires (2016 GT) are due for replacement. Looking for all season tires with great ride comfort and minimal road noise. I felt the original Toyos were a bit noisy. Which one do you experts recommend? GT or Contis or anything else?

My tires (2016 GT) are due for replacement. Looking for all season tires with great ride comfort and minimal road noise. I felt the original Toyos were a bit noisy. Which one do you experts recommend? GT or Contis or anything else?

You posted this to a thread (which I happened to start) suggesting the General Altimax RT43. Let's see...how about a set of General Altimax RT43?!(gah)

Back in November 2017 got 2 new Cooper CS3's to replace 2 worn tires. Discount Tires can no longer order me 2 more. Went ahead and ordered 2 General Altimax RT43's.

New Cooper CS3's and General Altimax RT43's for the CX-5. I was skeptical but it seems to be more quieter than stock.

New Cooper CS3's and General Altimax RT43's for the CX-5. I was skeptical but it seems to be more quieter than stock.
How did you end up with cycle of replacing 2 tires at a time? Did you not rotate the tires often? ;) I assume you have a FWD CX-5. And Discount Tire should insist putting your new RT43's on rear.

After the stocks went out at 35k miles they were replaced by Falkens.

30+k miles later 2 Falkens went bad so had to purchase 2 new tires. Cooper S3's. In hindsight I prolly should've just 4 bought new tires at that point.

10k miles later need to replace the 2 remaining Falkens....but DT no longer carries Cooper S3's.

The Cooper S3's are like 24lbs and the available remaining Coopers are like 26-27 lbs. wanting to have more equal weight distribution I opted for the RT43's.

Both cool tires. Quite surprised by the level of quality in the RT43's. Yes placed in rear. Coopers only have 10k miles on them.

Back