Considering a CX5

Yea, actually one of the smaller reasons I chose the Mazda. Honda guy had to go with me. Subaru girl had to go with me. Jeep guy had to go with me. Walk into Mazda "can I test drive that CX5?" Tosses me the keys... "Do you know your way around here?"
Yep!
"Enjoy!"

Sent from my LG V10

Yea, actually one of the smaller reasons I chose the Mazda. Honda guy had to go with me. Subaru girl had to go with me. Jeep guy had to go with me. Walk into Mazda "can I test drive that CX5?" Tosses me the keys... "Do you know your way around here?"
Yep!
"Enjoy!"

Sent from my LG V10

Good to know!

Yep!
"Enjoy!"
This's dealer dependent and has nothing to do with car brand. If the dealer knows you in person they'll let you drive alone without a sales person. If they don't know you they'll make a copy of driver's license and let you drive alone. But many dealers including Mazda dealers will send a sales person riding with you just in case.

I'm aware it's dealer dependent. I like how I was treated at the Mazda dealer. Guy made no attempt to come along. I I appreciated that.

Sent from my LG V10

The remote from my Jeep didn't take 4 minutes. *Click click Rev....*

I would never recommend a CX-5 for someone who was considering "their last car". For many many reasons.

-Lack of luxury
-Lack of comfort (relative)
-Lack of "solid" feel on the road. Most retirees I would think, who would even bother with a new car, likely want to visit grand-kids and take road trips. The CX-5 is not that vehicle, IMO

I'm not a retiree but I am 70. We bought a new CX-5 and less then a month later took it on a 5 state road trip. We have taken a half dozen major road trips since then. We test drove a Lexus but drove it less then a mile. We don't want a Lux O boat. We want something that is fun to drive and handles well. BTW The grand children love it.

Jake - you may be able to do an extended test drive - overnight drive. They let you live a day in it - you return back in 24 hours or so.
I did that - unfortunately wife and kid went for a night drive and loved the moonroof - wife said we dont use it often, let us get it. I was like? What?
She said - but atleast we use it sometimes. !!!!!!!!!!!!! a grand down the drain for Bose n Moon Roof - oh no - i think it was decent value.

My last 5 cars had a sunroof. I paid for it. The Bose was just a bonus.

Sent from my LG V10

Back