Seat Belt Reciever Replacement Needed

My driver's seat seatbelt receptacle is malfunctioning. When the release button is pressed the buckle only comes out if it is pulled pretty hard.

Anyone know where to buy a replacement seat belt reciever other than at the dealership?

Would you really want to buy such a critical piece of hardware as anything but new considering it is less then 40$ at Onlinemazdaparts?

^I would hope that anything of this nature would NOT have been in ANY kind of accident?

Personal preference, but they would still sustain some (even if only a little) stress from an accident.
Cheaping out on a 40$ part that may save my life? No thank you.

I'd also replace the belt(s), but again, maybe that's just me

My driver's seat seatbelt receptacle is malfunctioning. When the release button is pressed the buckle only comes out if it is pulled pretty hard.

Anyone know where to buy a replacement seat belt reciever other than at the dealership?

Actually the dealer quoted me $200 for a replacement.

Actually the dealer quoted me $200 for a replacement.
Sounds like he quoted you for the entire seatbelt/retractor mechanism... no way that is the correct price.
What year model and colour of the part do you have (there are a few options to have the correct price, and will help justagirl get you the exact part you want)? There's brown and gray for 99-00 and brown/beige, gray/light gray and black for 01-03.

Last edited:
I'm having an issue with my (I assume) buckle. The belt won't lock into place. I've looked at onlinemazdaparts.com and I have no idea what I'm needing for sure. I just know I don't want to go to the dealer and be charged over $200 for them to look at it, figure it out, and fix it. I have an '03 LX Sedan.

I'm in the same boat. Need a buckle for my driver's seat.

I just called Mazda and told them I needed the buckle for the driver's seat. Verified it was the part that goes between the seat and the console, and picked it up. It was about $50 and super easy to install. It even came with the wiring that goes under the seat for your sensors.

Back