Putting Fog Lights on a Sport Model?

silverevo05

:
Mazda CX 5 2.0 Manual
I have a 2016 Sport without the Fogs lights but was curious how difficult the install is IF I chose to put fog lights in.

I prefer the old design
2014_mazda_cx-5_4dr-suv_grand-touring_fog_oem_1_815.jpg

Than the new one

PS I know there is a Pic and I cant find it of a 2016 grille with 2013-15 fog lights

I know in my xB all the plugs were there it was just a matter of putting in a relay (OEM) and the OEM switch then plug it all together, no splicing neeeded.

Very simply process. The only difference is the bezel as you have mentioned, it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb but there is a difference. What I did with my 16' Sport is I ordered a 15' fog light kit off of eBay, along with a factory fog light switch (turn signal assembly). There is already a relay in the fuse panel under the hood for fog lights so no need to worry about that or the fuse. To swap out the turn signal assembly, it is literally taking the two halves that make up the steering column cover and pushing in the tab that holds the whole assembly and sliding in the new one and then replacing the covers. As for the fog light installation, some people recommend removing the bumper, but I personally did not. I removed the bolts and clips that hold the inner wheel well and had enough clearance to remove the dummy covers, install the fog light assembly, and pop in the new bezel.

BTW, the wiring for the fog light bulbs is already attached to the dummy covers!

IMO the older style fogs look much better than the new ones. Even with the new grill!

OE seems to be about 300 and knock off seems to be about 80 or less. Is there that much of a quality/durability difference?

IMO the older style fogs look much better than the new ones. Even with the new grill!

Do you have a pic of a 2016 with older fog lights? I like the older ones better and been debating on doing this. I've also been considering the ones that have the older look with L.E.D. strip across the top.

There was a picture of a 2015/2016 Sport on which the dealer had installed the older lights supposedly because of a compatibility issue with the LEDs. However I was thinking of another thread which discussed swapping out a pre-2015 grill for a newer one and leaving the old fogs. I was thinking about doing the same thing and someone here beat me to the punch, but I'll be damned if I can find the thread with the funky search feature this (and most other!) forums use! But I do remember it looked fine. There is nothing written in stone that says the fog light bezels on a car have to match the grill. In fact I think Mazda is the exception in this and IMO the newer lights look silly.

I looking into doing something like this.

So I just need the switch, bezel and lights? It would be nice if I didn't have to do any splicing.

OE seems to be about 300 and knock off seems to be about 80 or less. Is there that much of a quality/durability difference?
The fog lights on 2016+ are LEDs and they are expensive for sure. But $300+ for pre-2015 OEM halogen fog lights? I'd get these "knock-off" fog lights with LED strip for DRLs!

I looking into doing something like this.

So I just need the switch, bezel and lights? It would be nice if I didn't have to do any splicing.

If you don't mind the 15' bezels, then all you need is a fog light kit and switch. There is no splicing needed.

As for quality between OEM and knock-off, the OEM may be more durable, but for the price you pay for the aftermarket ones, who cares? The only difference I have noticed between OEM and aftermarket is that OEM ones have a slightly different reflector that sits over the bulb where as the aftermarket ones do not have that.

Thanks russiankid thats kind of the info I was looking for concerning OE and Ebay versions. That or I can just look at salvage yards that dont have front end damage

or a redesign prob in 17' 18'

Just put fog lights on my 2014 Sport model. Pretty easy install. I ordered the lights and switch off amazon.
e0cca5e077e81c5176ef92cd111c4b85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the kelvin light color temp is on the headlights. I have a 2016 Sport cx-5 and I want to make sure the fog lights I put in match the headlights. Thanks!

Back