Front bumper dent

I finally decided take my car to a local auto body shop to fix the dent for... $40. I guess I could've waited for the Mazda dealer to quote but it could've cost above $800 if I wanted a new bumper. so i just desisted from that option. After taking it to the shop it took about 1-2 hours max to get if serviced. Now, the only noticeable aspect is the big scratch on the lower end of the bumper, but I guess it's something I can live with (hopefully). These guys did a really good job I admit. I'll share a couple pictures with you guys. Let me know what you think! I really hope I don't come across a plastic box in the middle of the freeway again...

View attachment 217462View attachment 217463

Can you not source a spray paint that matches better than the white scuff?

Now, the only noticeable aspect is the big scratch on the lower end of the bumper, but I guess it's something I can live with (hopefully).

Get some matte black plastidip, make sure to mask off the painted part above it with newspaper and blue painters tape to stop overspray, and just do a couple of passes over the scuff. Once dry it matches the the color and texture of the black plastic perfectly. I hit a piece of a tire in my old '14 CX-5 and it left a similar mark. After hitting it with some plastidip you never knew it was there.

I would paint that lip as well.
I had a big screw in my lip as well. I can even see the threads in it.
It punctured it as well. I have pushed it out, the best that I could and I live with it.
It is pretty bad design, on Mazda's part. That lip, should be a separate piece.

Back