SavageGeese 2017 review........

It also doesn't factor in the opposite of the equation... those that already don't check blind spots (or do so incorrectly) would be alerted by BSM and have a crash avoided. The sole purpose of that study was to provide the answer they wanted.

I'm not saying that some won't get lazy because of it... of course they will, it's the nature of some people. But thinking that's the whole story is a huge blind spot (see what I did there? :))

This is true, ultimately, I must bow to agree. People are stupid/lazy, by and large, and you have a very good point.

There you go, just tweeking the words of another post to form your own nasty slant on it. What do you get out of it?

People are stupid and lazy? I get nothing from that observation. I'm saying he's right, because that is a constant, and BSM helps more than it hurts, because people aren't going to do the right thing anyways, so you might as well empower them a little bit while they do the wrong thing.

I think that people generally do it right, because that's what I've observed when traveling with people, and because people execute lane change and merge maneuvers every day and the vast, vast majority of them are safe.

I think that people generally do it right, because that's what I've observed when traveling with people, and because people execute lane change and merge maneuvers every day and the vast, vast majority of them are safe.

My experience is that I've been in 6 wrecks because of other idiots.

1# failure to yield at greenlight because she was drunk as s***. T-boned my vehicle. Arrested on the scene, and her cop daddy didn't even try to help her this time. Recurrent theme, apparently...
2# Idiot pulled out in middle of a 4-lane disregarding his stop-sign and stopped right in my lane. No way to stop in time, T-boned the guy. Mexican license plates....don't trust anyone in them cars!!! Saw more dumb stuff down there than anywhere else.
3# Failure to drive to conditions, lost control of her SUV and side-swiped my vehicle, then stood between her car, and traffic, on the military crest of an icy bridge waiting for Darwin to claim her, so I told her to get her ass out of the way so she wouldn't get smashed between her SUV. She also caused another wreck as someone slammed on their brakes to avoid her dumb ass leaving the vehicle in the middle of the road/bridge on the military crest. Her church's van picked her up, and she had Direct General Insurance...'nuff said.
4# Impatient guy at a gas station dragged his horse trailer across the front of my mustang because he was so mad that he forgot he had a horse trailer. I was not in the car for this one, it was parked and I was pumping gas. Progressive was his company, and they refused him any coverage due to it being private property. I faxed him 3 estimates, and he cut me a check for the average. Turned out to not be a half bad guy!
5# Kid thought I was going to make a right on red so he just didn't stop and rear-ended my vehicle, because, you know, I yield on red for oncoming traffic that has green/right of way. He paid me $100 and I let him off without a police report. it was just a tap, and I had a spare tail-light at home.
6# Idiot stopped at a green light. I stopped too. Girl behind me just rear-ended me. Idiot at the green-light sped off. Girl was someone I knew ironically, and I offered to let her pay me for the damages before I submitted the insurance claim. She had 2 months to pay me $500. When she failed, she told me "go ahead and file it". I did. Crazy! Gave her the deal of the century.

This is just in the short time I've been driving, and this is JUST driving. Look at obesity rates and a ton of other stats and personal experiences I have and you have all day long. I stand by my observation, and recant on bagging BSM. Anything you can give Joe Mouthbreather that MIGHT help is a damn good thing. I have been wrong in this thread about that.

Last edited:
Uno, you are one strange dude. I think God is trying to give you a sign...

Last edited:
This is just in the short time I've been driving, and this is JUST driving. Look at obesity rates and a ton of other stats and personal experiences I have and you have all day long. I stand by my observation, and recant on bagging BSM. Anything you can give Joe Mouthbreather that MIGHT help is a damn good thing. I have been wrong in this thread about that.

If drama follows you.... maybe it's you? :D Old saying. Maybe you follow too closely (as assumed by all the dings in your hood) or you drive too aggressively (as evidenced by your piss poor gas mileage).

5# Kid thought I was going to make a right on red so he just didn't stop and rear-ended my vehicle, because, you know, I yield on red for oncoming traffic that has green/right of way. He paid me $100 and I let him off without a police report. it was just a tap, and I had a spare tail-light at home.
If # 5 is a wreck then i got into a wreck this morning. A guy in his Ram pick up looked at me in my sentra aggressively. It wrecked my emotions.

If drama follows you.... maybe it's you? :D Old saying. Maybe you follow too closely (as assumed by all the dings in your hood) or you drive too aggressively (as evidenced by your piss poor gas mileage).

I drive too aggressively in my CX5 and not in my 370Z, HEMI powered Jeep, or Z06? or even when I was 18 and had a Trans Am? Cool story...

Follow too closely? I actually need to work on following closer, because when I go through Htown or Austin, I always end up with people cutting in front of me, and I'm mad at first and then I realize "Dude...the gap was there...". So no dice on that, either.

I wouldn't say drama follows me at all, unless you mean I attract drunk drivers and people who stop in front of green-lights etc. I mean, how the hell can you contrive that into being MY fault? Special...

The girl driving the SUV? I should have known the bridge would be icy and her sh*tbox would have bald tires, so I guess I'll take a little credit because I was in the other lane beside her when it went down.

If # 5 is a wreck then i got into a wreck this morning. A guy in his Ram pick up looked at me in my sentra aggressively. It wrecked my emotions.

Did your vehicle require body-work? Mine did...bumper didn't fit right ever again. Judging by you whiny posters about your interior trim-gaps, I think that would be the end of the world on a Mazda, lol!

Uno, you are one strange due. I think God is trying to give you a sign...

After I maxxed out the girls insurance policy that sideswiped me, I took the sign, and got GOOD coverage, because my next step was to sue her personally, which I did not, but someone very well might decide they want a chunk of my income and sue ME, and in LA, that meant 20% wage garnishment at my income level, from what I understand at the time.

I wouldn't say drama follows me at all, unless you mean I attract drunk drivers and people who stop in front of green-lights etc. I mean, how the hell can you contrive that into being MY fault? Special...

Uh... because I'm teasing you?!? That's why I use smileys. Just when I was starting not to hate you, you have to get all RAWR. (hand)(alright)(nana)(flame2) If I DON'T use smiley's, then I'm trying to be a dick on purpose. K? Clear?

After I maxxed out the girls insurance policy that sideswiped me, I took the sign, and got GOOD coverage, because my next step was to sue her personally, which I did not, but someone very well might decide they want a chunk of my income and sue ME, and in LA, that meant 20% wage garnishment at my income level, from what I understand at the time.

uno, I do agree with your anger. There are lots of stupid people who cause damage and regardless, you have to pay. Our Sienna got absolutely demolished while parked in a high school parking lot. I mean the front end looked like it was run over by a monster truck. Turns out it was hit by a Priest driving kids in a RV. We had to pay the $500 deductible and he is not cooperating with the insurance company to cover deductible. So I hear your pain.

Did your vehicle require body-work? Mine did...bumper didn't fit right ever again. Judging by you whiny posters about your interior trim-gaps, I think that would be the end of the world on a Mazda, lol!

Its a 2017 Sentra. It needs body work fresh out of the factory.

uno, I do agree with your anger. There are lots of stupid people who cause damage and regardless, you have to pay. Our Sienna got absolutely demolished while parked in a high school parking lot. I mean the front end looked like it was run over by a monster truck. Turns out it was hit by a Priest driving kids in a RV. We had to pay the $500 deductible and he is not cooperating with the insurance company to cover deductible. So I hear your pain.

Yeesh. I got a hit and run (luckily minor damage), but it was still $150 and a rental car for the day out of my pocket. So I know what you mean. :(

Its a 2017 Sentra. It needs body work fresh out of the factory.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back to the original question..... his review..... good but needs to concentrate on the car only and cut out trying to be funny... which he isn't (yupnope)

The dead pedal he speaks of if you got the Maxpider mats (I think they sell as 3D prod. outside of dealership) it should cover that area though. Same as the Mazda 3 that way

I totally forgot about that since I have had the mats on since I got my 3

Back