Best color for '17 CX-5?

We have a brown CX-5 where I work. I had to go by it several times to be sure it was what it was. It's a very dark brown.

The other question not being asked here is which interior, black or parchment.

No, I didn't ask it in my initial post because we are definitely getting black.

Charlie Brown, Bobby Brown, and the Cleveland Browns do not approve this thread!!!!

As for browns go, I think the Titanium Flash Mica is one of the best, but I'm partial since that is the color I wanted. Given that it is not a 17 choice, glad I got my 2016.5 when I did. It is a rare cx5 color. I have only spotted 2 others. The majority are SR, black and then the silvers with a few blues thrown in.

I like that it is a muted color but still unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually test drove a Titanium, but it wasn't the package I wanted. I would have bought that color in the GT with everything if it had been available, but there weren't any local. So I settled for black. The Titanium was/is a nice color.

We went with Sonic Silver. Nice contrast to the black interior and better in 100+ degree summer weather. Also looks good with the wheels and will be low maintenance. Lastly, it was the one the dealer could get in GT AWD w/ Premium Package.

We went with Sonic Silver. Nice contrast to the black interior and better in 100+ degree summer weather. Also looks good with the wheels and will be low maintenance. Lastly, it was the one the dealer could get in GT AWD w/ Premium Package.

Would you mind posting a picture (cant remember if you have already)? Looking at sonic silver colour myself.

Would you mind posting a picture (cant remember if you have already)? Looking at sonic silver colour myself.

Will do. We signed the paperwork today. They are getting it from another dealership. We will pick it up later this week.

i went with the red for my gt. i get so many looks on the road.
18320762_10158693649610581_8356514081581757849_o.jpg

The Soul Red Crystal is a stunning color. IMO, it is the best color for the CX-5, but we just prefer to fly under the radar, and silver definitely does that.

The Soul Red Crystal is a stunning color. IMO, it is the best color for the CX-5, but we just prefer to fly under the radar, and silver definitely does that.

SRC will be the number one colour even though you pay extra for it :)

SRC is really smart on Mazda's part. People will definitely notice CX-5's on the road and will say "what is that?" This should add to Mazda's brand awareness and hopefully bring more prospective buyers into dealerships.

The darker blue with parchment looked very sharp..I'd never choose it tho..silver or lighter eternal blue with blk interior...and red just not sure I'd pay and want to call attention but it is stunning.

I think the red is nice, but I've always had red cars. After seeing them all in person, Snowflake white was my favorite with black interior.

My dealer just got in the Sonic Silver, but it looks from pics like it is a white/silver. We had an Infiniti FX35 in that color and I always found it too bright. I will check it out later this week. Does it have a blueish tone as well?

I saw a Machine Grey CX-5 on the road the other day (first one I've seen) and it looked amazing. Our Infiniti G37 is Diamond Graphite (dark gray) and it seems to hide dirt well, so we just may go that route.

I realize this post is months old, but wanted to share that we just bought a '17 CX5 in Sonic Silver & imo it's a blah grey color & not silver! (We park it next to hubby's '09 G37x Infiniti that's Liquid Platinum & THAT looks silver. The Sonic Silver is a dull gray to my eyes. On the good side, we always buy silver cars as no garage & silver is so forgiving between washes! It's odd to me that people think the Sonic is too bright and light. I find it the opposite when compared to our other 2 silver cars. I'm also still trying to see any "metallic" sheen which makes me wonder what we got as it sure doesn't look silver! lol

Last edited:
Agreed. Actually for all the silver vehicles we've been getting (VWs、BMW、Honda), Mazda's Sonic Silver is on much darker side of the silver color.

agree with you 100%. We bought the '17 Sonic Silver and I'm still scratching my head as in our driveway, next to our Liquid Platinum (silver) Infinity G37x, it look gray...Had I realized this would be the case, I would have gone with the dark gray but we have no garage and I worried it would look dirty all the time versus silver/gray being very forgiving to dirt...

I think color selection has a lot to do with a persons personality...

some people want to be noticed while some like to fly under the radar...

Back