Where did you get best price for Mazda Extended Confidence / Warranty?

Per Our Conversation, 9 year or 100,000, 100 deductible cost for you is $1276 plus tax. If you decide to go through with it send me a copy of your drivers license and I can print up the warranty contract. Thanks!

Thank you!
Zach

Zach Heisler
Business Manager
Lancaster Mazda
zheisler@lancastermazda.com

Are you sure it's a Mazda Extended Confidence warranty? I'm not doubting you, but a common tactic of these finance guys is to switch the warranty to a 3rd party without you noticing.

i believe there are different plans for the mazda confidence extended warranty.
What i DO like about the extended warranty is the fact that if you decide to trade your car or sell it, they will pro-rate your refund.

You also have the option to get a total refund before your original bumper-to-bumper is up, at least that was the offer I got.

Hi - I also posted on another thread. I bought my new 2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature today! My sales person Eric Diaz was great at Galpin Mazda in Van Nuys, California: We negotiated a tiny bit lower than the TrueCar.com TruePrice average price, and the current 2.9% loan rate. But then the finance guy really pressured me to buy extended warranties - by 11 pm today. I hadn't done any research on warranties yet. He proposed a A Total Care warranty plus Premium Maintenance warranty which would add a total $90/month for 63 months on my loan. 63 months x $90 = $5,670. Does that seem outrageously expensive to you? Any suggestions for options? I see above some people paid less for warranties from a different dealer than they bought their car from. Recommendations for where to buy cheaper as of now, March 2019? He really scared me about how fragile the technology and expensive the advanced technology and electronics are - and how very expensive to repair/replace. Is that true? Thank you kindly. Catagaie

Hi - I also posted on another thread. I bought my new 2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature today! My sales person Eric Diaz was great at Galpin Mazda in Van Nuys, California: We negotiated a tiny bit lower than the TrueCar.com TruePrice average price, and the current 2.9% loan rate. But then the finance guy really pressured me to buy extended warranties - by 11 pm today. I hadn't done any research on warranties yet. He proposed a A Total Care warranty plus Premium Maintenance warranty which would add a total $90/month for 63 months on my loan. 63 months x $90 = $5,670. Does that seem outrageously expensive to you? Any suggestions for options? I see above some people paid less for warranties from a different dealer than they bought their car from. Recommendations for where to buy cheaper as of now, March 2019? He really scared me about how fragile the technology and expensive the advanced technology and electronics are - and how very expensive to repair/replace. Is that true? Thank you kindly. Catagaie
Absolutely outrageous price.

I for one am not a proponent for buying extended warranties, but for those that do, I have observed much lower prices posted on this board.

Edit: Also...of course they are going to try to scare you into coughing up 6 more grand. You just have to decide if you're a warranty person or not. If so, shop around, almost 6k is absolutely highway robbery and utterly absurd to believe that is of some value at that price.

Last edited:

I feel like it's true, so I bought a 10 year / 150K mile bumper to bumper warranty. It cost me $2400 though, not $5670. That latter is INSANE!

Every day we see new failures on this forum that cost a lot to fix. I'm not going to get caught with an unexpected cost that can't be financed at near 3%, and I plan to keep the car 150K miles.

Warranties are a waste in my experience. I bought one once many years ago. I spent $1,100. Had one cover-able repair. In the end it cost me $700 i didn't get back.

Re: "How much is a headlight?" My reply to that would be "how many people have paid full price for a headlight?". In every single post I have seen here Mazda has seriously lowered the price on people. Even Yrwi's friend was offered to replace both for $400. I have seen ONE case on Reddit where someone was told they had to pay full price. ONE. And he was the second owner and as of that posting he had not reached out to corporate yet.

Re: People talking about all the tech in these cars, and what if THAT fails?!?
How many backup camera failures have we seen? -0-
How many blind spot monitors fails have we seen NOT caused by accidents? -0-
How many HUD failures? -0-
How many Radar Cruise failures or any failures having to do with those cameras? -0-
Now... I'm not saying these things cannot fail but Mazda and car makers in general got this stuff down now.
This "techy s***" is reliable as hell.
Yes, there have been a few Infotainment failures but again.... a pretty tiny tiny percentage.

Re: Catagies quote. There's also a PREMIUM MAINT WARRANTY? That must explain the MASSIVE price difference. What does that include? $90 /month for JUST the extended warranty is such a blatant rip off if that was all it was for I'd call Mazda and report this dealer.

It's remarkable about how a dealer will tell you on the front end (sales) how very reliable their car is, and then on the back end (finance) that it's a complete basket case that will leave you penniless on the side of the road... and boy, do they not appreciate the obvious response, which is "Thanks for warning me, I'd better go buy something else!" (thumb)

Most of the literature available suggests that extended warranties are a waste of money. Of course this will vary quite a bit by make and even model, so you want data to make a good decision, and anecdotes from a forum isn't data.

Consult Consumer Reports or TrueDelta for reliability data. As it happens, the current-gen CX-5 is one of the most reliable vehicles sold today, even compared to the Toyota RAV-4. You can even drill down into individual reports to see what's going wrong, and for who, which helps differentiate between a fleet with widespread problems and a couple of lemons in an otherwise-reliable population.

Given that information, if you want to buy an extended warranty for peace of mind, go ahead. Just be aware that you're almost certainly going to spend more on the warranty than you would on out-of-pocket repairs during the same period.

So true.
Salesman tells you how reliable the vehicle is.
Then, when you go to finance guy's office, he/she tells you how expensive these gadgets are....

When I bought our Odyssey many years ago. I told the finance guy that:
"You just scared me. I am thinking about not buying it... Are you sure?"

It's remarkable about how a dealer will tell you on the front end (sales) how very reliable their car is, and then on the back end (finance) that it's a complete basket case that will leave you penniless on the side of the road... and boy, do they not appreciate the obvious response, which is "Thanks for warning me, I'd better go buy something else!" (thumb)

I had to laugh at that. I spent a good part of my career in corporate purchasing, and always loved those conversations.

Just sayin', my last CX5 had $800+ in just PARTS required when I traded it in. Wish I had a better warranty like I got, now. They told me it was 6 hours at $120/hr in labor + those parts before they put it on the lot.

Just sayin', my last CX5 had $800+ in just PARTS required when I traded it in. Wish I had a better warranty like I got, now. They told me it was 6 hours at $120/hr in labor + those parts before they put it on the lot.

Oh come on. You rolled over more negative equity into a new loan over $800? Its a weak argument.

We all know you just didn't like the car ;)

As you likely know, extended warranties have all the attributes of any other insurance program.

We're all in the risk pool.
Some will file claims and others will not.
Based upon vehicular actuary tables, the seller has priced the product to make money.

And having a repair covered may open itself up to a degree of subjectiveness that you don't encounter with other insurances.
It's ^^THIS part^^ that makes me hesitate. I'm not buying a defined product, I'm buying the right to start negotiating.

Oh come on. You rolled over more negative equity into a new loan over $800? Its a weak argument.

We all know you just didn't like the car ;)

To be fair, they offered me $2K more than the Toyota dealer, and it woulda been more like $2K my cost, as that $800+labor was the DEALER's cost to fix it. I figured I might as well get out from under that $2K + take advantage of a great trade-in offer + get the $1250 rebates. And yeah, it was a total appliance.

To be fair, they offered me $2K more than the Toyota dealer, and it woulda been more like $2K my cost, as that $800+labor was the DEALER's cost to fix it. I figured I might as well get out from under that $2K + take advantage of a great trade-in offer + get the $1250 rebates. And yeah, it was a total appliance.
Well maybe warranties are good for you.

I've spent under $500 for actual repair of anything broken over the past 6 years. Talking tensioner and AT shift switch.

Well maybe warranties are good for you.

I've spent under $500 for actual repair of anything broken over the past 6 years. Talking tensioner and AT shift switch.

I have literally NEVER owned a vehicle that I kept to 150K miles that a warranty wouldn't have paid for itself with, easily, and most (like my CX5), well before. I sure hope this CX5 has no issues and I wasted my money, but I doubt it.

I have literally NEVER owned a vehicle that I kept to 150K miles that a warranty wouldn't have paid for itself with, easily, and most (like my CX5), well before. I sure hope this CX5 has no issues and I wasted my money, but I doubt it.

Then you must be the unluckiest SOB on the planet.
I have owned 4 cars that were 10+ years old and had 140K+ miles before I sold.
Across all 4 combined, I haven't come close to spending the $2400 you paid for your warranty.

Also keep in mind that you financed that warranty, which means it will ultimately cost you ~$3200, not $2400.

Secondly, you purchased a third-party aftermarket warranty, which literally every publication/expert will tell you to avoid.
You do realize there is a LONG list of items your warranty does NOT cover, don't you?
Will your warranty provider even be around a decade from now?

You should have just taken that $3200 and put it in a high yield saving account.
If you happen to need a repair, then pay for it out of that account.
If not, then you will be ~$3600 richer after the "warranty" period.

Then you must be the unluckiest SOB on the planet.
I have owned 4 cars that were 10+ years old and had 140K+ miles before I sold.
Across all 4 combined, I haven't come close to spending the $2400 you paid for your warranty.

Also keep in mind that you financed that warranty, which means it will ultimately cost you ~$3200, not $2400.

Secondly, you purchased a third-party aftermarket warranty, which literally every publication/expert will tell you to avoid.
You do realize there is a LONG list of items your warranty does NOT cover, don't you?
Will your warranty provider even be around a decade from now?

You should have just taken that $3200 and put it in a high yield saving account.
If you happen to need a repair, then pay for it out of that account.
If not, then you will be ~$3600 richer after the "warranty" period.

Only with vehicles. I have amazing luck in other areas of life. But yeah, I have s*** luck with vehicles.

Does Mazda offer their own extended warranty? It seems like all the ones I lookyar, even from Mazda dealers was a 3rd party warranty.

Back