What did you trade-in for your '17 or '18?

I tried to get my cx5 stuck in the snow and couldn't. also had trouble doing donuts in the snow even since it was still getting a good grip lol. snow is a joke with AWD as long as the tires are proper. I went from a sedan to a CX5 too and it wasn't at all much different in terms of how it feels so that was nice too

That's good to know. I guess I am looking forward to the next winter(not really)but I am curios how it drives in the snow. I chose the CX-5 because it was the only CUV/SUV that i test drove that drove like a car. I had several MDX's as loaners while the TLX was getting serviced. I hated driving it as much as I hate driving pickup trucks.

2011 Toyota Rav4. it had 145,000kms on it and was becoming really unreliable. I had spent $2000 in a year on fixing the rear differential. Bearing, seals, etc.....And a few months later I started to notice oil spots in my driveway again. That was it, I'd had enough. I needed something newer, and with warranty. I work for a Mazda dealership and I fell in love with the '17 CX-5 when they first came out.

That's good to know. I guess I am looking forward to the next winter(not really)but I am curios how it drives in the snow. I chose the CX-5 because it was the only CUV/SUV that i test drove that drove like a car. I had several MDX's as loaners while the TLX was getting serviced. I hated driving it as much as I hate driving pickup trucks.

i never drove the MDX but it's like 500lb heavier than the CX5. I too hate driving pick up trucks. I test drove most of the CUVs--all of the popular ones here anyway--and was close to getting a rav4 but there was a mazda dealership only a couple minutes from my work so on break I drove the cx5 and fell in love with it right there. I understand people who want more practicality and utility out of their vehicle are better off in the CRV but my wife has a highlander so I could always use her car if for some reason I couldn't fit what I needed to in my cx5, but I'm 2+ years into owning CX5s (owned a 2016 touring I traded in for a 17 this year) and I haven't had any issues with space (except for trying to fit 3 car seats in, but that's what the highlander is for lol). Besides the great handling, it's also incredibly comfortable and the premium interior in the second gens is nice for me especially since all my previous cars were luxury cars so it doesn't feel like i'm downgrading, if anything it feels more premium than my old c class mercedes

ESPECIALLY... an electric BMW. We don't use our turn signals to improve our battery range.

Traded in a 2012 Mini Countryman (6 speed manual) with 130k miles. Loved the hell out of that car! I was lucky with it as I never did anything but regular maintenance on it. But a whole lot of expensive repairs (clutch, timing chain, wheel bearings, etc) were going to be needed within the coming months so it was time to bail while I could still get a decent value for it.

I traded for a CPO (executive demo) 2017 CX5 GT w/premium (9k miles) at the end of April and Im loving it so far.

2011 Toyota Rav4. it had 145,000kms on it and was becoming really unreliable. I had spent $2000 in a year on fixing the rear differential. Bearing, seals, etc.....And a few months later I started to notice oil spots in my driveway again. That was it, I'd had enough. I needed something newer, and with warranty. I work for a Mazda dealership and I fell in love with the '17 CX-5 when they first came out.

Give us some secrets?

I traded in my 2015 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn. I recently got married and bought a house and the GTI was just too small for us. It was a fun car to drive, but I had a lot of non-mechanical issues with it. Love my '18 Touring.

2018 Red CX-5 Touring with preferred package = Honda CR-V2015

2018 Grey CX-5 Touring with preferred package = Honda CR-V2016

LOL no yet...I probably will be yelled at.

The CR-V is a great vehicle but Honda quality control seems to be going downhill, the 17/18 are having a big issue with fuel mixing in the oil and Honda is just dragging their feet to do something or even acknowledge it, plus the new design is Fugly, alsoI drove one and it has plenty of road and engine noise, our old CR-Vs were quiet!

We always liked the CX-5 and besides missing a few thing if compared with the CR-V it just drives better plus I was able to get a good deal in both of them. We first replaced my wife's cr-v and after a week or so I replaced my 16 CR-V.

The "space" issue is really overplayed. The difference is so minimal. If you need more space then a CX-5 then you need to move up a class to the bigger SUVs...not a CRV.

Traded in a 2012 Mini Countryman (6 speed manual) with 130k miles. Loved the hell out of that car! I was lucky with it as I never did anything but regular maintenance on it. But a whole lot of expensive repairs (clutch, timing chain, wheel bearings, etc) were going to be needed within the coming months so it was time to bail while I could still get a decent value for it.

Used car buyers take heed.

Back