Anyone bought a CX-5 when the closest dealer is 2 hrs away?

Yes here in Colombia dealer oil change every 5000 kilometers is required while the car is under warranty. If not required in the US all the better. I'm convinced that some people hereabouts think the engine oil is permanent or just needs to be topped up when low as I've seen some late model cars with blue smoke coming out of the tailpipe. Rocket glad you had a chance to work in the Peace Corps and experience Colombia.

Yes here in Colombia dealer oil change every 5000 kilometers is required while the car is under warranty. If not required in the US all the better. I'm convinced that some people hereabouts think the engine oil is permanent or just needs to be topped up when low as I've seen some late model cars with blue smoke coming out of the tailpipe. Rocket glad you had a chance to work in the Peace Corps and experience Colombia.

That sucks. If I had to use a dealer for services, my new car buying experience would either be over for good, or Id never have a warranty.

That's crazy. You're back to the old days, oil change every 3,100 miles.

The US warranty.....

" An independent mechanic, a retail chain shop, or even you yourself can do routine maintenance and repairs on your vehicle. In fact, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which is enforced by the FTC, makes it illegal for manufacturers or dealers to claim that your warranty is void or to deny coverage under your warranty simply because someone other than the dealer did the work. The manufacturer or dealer can, however, require consumers to use select repair facilities if the repair services are provided to consumers free of charge under the warranty."

Back