What did you pay for your CX-5?

All these pictures of the red are making me question everything! Though on the other hand I'm tempted to hold out until we get more clarification about AA/CarPlay. I'm still driving my 2008 Mazda3 GT, so waiting a little bit longer wont kill me...

What are you two's target purchasing price in $ amount (with destination but before TT&L) on which trim level and options?
16.5 GT AWD with Tech only (MSRP $31925)
-girl wants Blue Reflex Mica

$27125 is roughly 15%
$26200 is roughly 18%
$25540 is roughly 20%

$374 here for TTL

Then the dreaded doc fee. Lol $199-699

$27500 OTD with $7500 cash down sounds good enough I guess...

16.5 GT AWD with Tech only (MSRP $31925)
-girl wants Blue Reflex Mica

$27125 is roughly 15%
$26200 is roughly 18%
$25540 is roughly 20%

$374 here for TTL

Then the dreaded doc fee. Lol $199-699

$27500 OTD with $7500 cash down sounds good enough I guess...

I don't think the downpayment matters on the price - that may affect your loan rate and will affect your monthly payment.
Mazda just changed the cash back to 2000 instead of 1000 on the 2016.5s today.

All these pictures of the red are making me question everything! Though on the other hand I'm tempted to hold out until we get more clarification about AA/CarPlay. I'm still driving my 2008 Mazda3 GT, so waiting a little bit longer wont kill me...

When I went to pick up my 2017, the dealer told me that they've got notices that it's in the works and should be available in 1-2 months. That was without me asking about it - just when he was giving me a demo of the car. (not that this is something to rely on as gospel, but just a data point for you)

I don't think the downpayment matters on the price - that may affect your loan rate and will affect your monthly payment.
Mazda just changed the cash back to 2000 instead of 1000 on the 2016.5s today.

Never said the down payment did, however, the dealer likes to see a nice sized down payment. I haven't even mentioned trade-in or a down payment in my negotiations, and honestly, I may not give them anything. Selling price and doc fee is all I care about. Lol

I've already discussed the $2k instead of the $1k customer cash...

Last edited:
My friend just bought one and I couldn't make a deal because of some visa issues. Soul Red GT Cx-5 2017 without the premium package -> $30,500 with 3k down and rest financed @4.99% APR(where the dealer makes up for the discount) but my friend is going to refinance after 3 months. So in the end he might be getting like 2300 off msrp which includes Mazda Customer $500 loyalty cash. So all in all not a bad deal considering it is new and all.

My friend just bought one and I couldn't make a deal because of some visa issues. Soul Red GT Cx-5 2017 without the premium package -> $30,500 with 3k down and rest financed @4.99% APR(where the dealer makes up for the discount) but my friend is going to refinance after 3 months. So in the end he might be getting like 2300 off msrp which includes Mazda Customer $500 loyalty cash. So all in all not a bad deal considering it is new and all.

5% is a bit much though. Rest seems good.

Sent from my cell phone

So far, customer cash has been deducted before taxes.
As for the 16-20%, good luck! I think they should and can, but they've been more
Resilient than I anticipated. Stuck at 12.2% at the moment, and told them I was a buyer at 15% (didn't use the %, the price equivalent). Contacted back today bc of the $1k extra customer cash, which would get me to the 15%, and the dealer told me I had his best price already, so I too start the look again tmw. We're in the same boat, if I can get 15-20%, they'll sell a car this week for sure. I'm willing to fly outta town for a mini vacay to get the car, so peeps please post up those good offers and where if they come in...

Good luck to us....
Tapatalk for some odd reason brought me to your post instead of most recent. Missed this one b4. You make me think of the guys on Shark Tank that say "I want deal x". Someone offers deal x and they say....Well, let's hear other offers. LOL. You want 15. He's giving 15. Take the deal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What are you two's target purchasing price in $ amount (with destination but before TT&L) on which trim level and options?

16.5 Touring FWD White

15% off base (below)

$26,315.00 None (Base) $22,367.75
$26,370.00 Wheel Lock $22,414.50
$26,570.00 Wheel Lock + Cargo Cover $22,584.50
$26,590.00 Roof Rack $22,601.50
$26,645.00 Wheel Lock + Roof Rack $22,648.25
$27,445.00 Moonroof/Bose $23,328.25

Been monitoring 2016.5 inventory within 150 miles of my area, since 3/19/17 (2.5 weeks), inventory has dropped 25%. So still plenty left.

Good luck to you too, @NelsonLewis! Will keep everyone updated.

Tapatalk for some odd reason brought me to your post instead of most recent. Missed this one b4. You make me think of the guys on Shark Tank that say "I want deal x". Someone offers deal x and they say....Well, let's hear other offers. LOL. You want 15. He's giving 15. Take the deal.

He's not giving 15, or I would. It says exactly that in my post..."15-20% and they sell a car this week..." He's trying not to give me the extra $1k customer cash that just came out. No thanks.

Last edited:
My bad. I thought this "Contacted back today bc of the $1k extra customer cash, which would get me to the 15%" meant he was giving you the extra which would get you to 15.

Price quoted for the 2017 GT AWD in Machine Gray:
MSRP $31,935 / Costco $30,827 ($1,108 off)

Adding premium package:
MSRP $33,765 / Costco $32,328 ($1,437 off)

Interesting. This is twice the discount my local dealer offered via their Costco price ($760 off). I'm guessing different Costco dealers have different discounts? Almost $1,500 off would push me closer to making a deal.

My bad. I thought this "Contacted back today bc of the $1k extra customer cash, which would get me to the 15%" meant he was giving you the extra which would get you to 15.

No, he's saying I got his best deal already without it. BS! Then, he tells me "show up in person and I'll give you my EP number that I get 4 of each year that will blow your mind on the cost savings..." Ever heard of that? Me either...anyways, I'm 2 hours away, so that's not happening (I've went outta town before to get a car and left empty handed bc of stealership shadiness of changing paperwork). Plus, he admitted he had 100 cars on the lot, and hasn't sold hardly any of them in the 2.5 weeks I've been keeping up with his inventory. Maybe today is the day. My weekend is free, I'm ready to ride...

No, he's saying I got his best deal already without it. BS! Then, he tells me "show up in person and I'll give you my EP number that I get 4 of each year that will blow your mind on the cost savings..." Ever heard of that? Me either...

Just a quick search gave me this info on Employee Pricing. Looks like each employee gets a PIN that allows them to buy at a special price up to 4 cars per year.

Overall Info
Example Savings

I haven't had a chance to dig into the numbers, but it looks like it gives $2,888 off the MSRP of the 2016 CX5 AWD GT.

I got the Eplan from a friend of a friend. He's the district service manager for NE Ohio. Saved me $2,400 on a GT.

One question.. when someone quotes a discount on MSRP.. do you include or exclude the$900 destination charge?

One question.. when someone quotes a discount on MSRP.. do you include or exclude the$900 destination charge?
Should always include destination fee. BTW, destination fee for 2017 CX-5 is $940.

Back