2019's when?

How is there not a single YouTube review of the new trims yet if they are already being delivered?

It's not uncommon for the press to be doing their reviews until the car has already been on sale for a few months. If you watch a lot of the YouTube reviews, DrivenCarReviews, Alex on Autos, TFL, etc. they are all doing the same cars around the same time and it typically is a little bit after the on sale date begins.

This.
often times reviewers are given the car in advance but are contractually obligated not to release them until after a set date. Remember back when the 2017 came out, some reviewers even made mention of it in their reviews.

How is there not a single YouTube review of the new trims yet if they are already being delivered?

Well, there was that one from Japan. Reviews were great. Check it out:

Screen%20Shot%202018-10-19%20at%201.35.01%20PM.png

Thanks. I thought only down blows is dog rotation before that.

LOL.

I am waiting for the reviews as well. I was at my dealer and they mentioned that Mazda's 0-60 times are all done with traction control on. They said the official Mazda 0-60 time for the CX-9 is 7.8 seconds for the AWD car (Signature) with TCS on. When the magazines do the testing, they turn the TCS off and adjust tire pressure and adjust for wind and track conditions. That is how they get a time of 7.0-7.2 for the CX-9. He thinks the since the official 0-60 time is 7.2 (I told him, he did not know) he thinks the mags will get something like 6.5-6.8 as they will test with TCS off.

He also thinks the CX-5 signature will do well. Most of the CX-5's they sell are the highest GT level and with the premium package. He also said dealers are going to hold firm on 2019 CX-9 signature prices - so no big deals on those - expect a 5K minimum spread.

I don't know if any off what he says is real or not but he likes to talk. He was the guy who told me almost 9 months ago (maybe more!) that the CX-5 diesel was not coming any time soon and that the dealers really did not want the car.

The salesmen will often tell you almost anything that might sway you into buying a model on the lot that day even if it isn*t what you want. I was getting my mx-5 serviced and looked around the showroom and, even after informing one of their guys about the leaked documents about the 19 turbo option, he was defiant saying, *no there*s not going to be a turbo on the 19. Japanese company workers come here and dine with us so we*re the most up to date on their plans than the public.* This is also after me showing the guy that carb had already approved the Cx-9 turbo engine for the cx-5. He also said the diesel model was at least 2-3 years away. When it became evident I was just looking while my car was serviced and wasn*t going to buy right then their tone got pretty dismissive and pissed.

Yeah, it's frustrating how many of these sales people know less about their vehicles than someone doing some light research about the new models coming out.

Yeah, it's frustrating how many of these sales people know less about their vehicles than someone doing some light research about the new models coming out.

Yeah, my guy is the service guy and not the sales guy, which is why I like him! I was looking hard at the Miata this summer but really wanted the 2019. They said it was a blast with the turbo but would not be available till January - February. I did not even bother to correct him. Sales people are just that. One day they could be selling you a car and the next day a washing machine.

Okay so here is a mini update on the Signature and just my opinions.
Had machine gray before. Love the color.
I like the new wheels. Looks classy
Fold in mirrors. LIKE
Didn't think the black headliner was a big deal. WRONG. Love it and the caturra brown leather. Very subtle
LED cabin lighting. 3 settings available for brightness. Didn't know how much I missed interior lighting. Wished they would of put a light in the arm rest box
I'm liking the 360 camera and I really like the new gauge display
POWER! For the size, this machine moves. IT IS FUN TO DRIVE. Haven't really put any miles on yet, but its been a blast to stomp on it.
Will download Android auto app and get that going and I'll take some pics and get them posted.
This is my 8th CX 5 and IMHO the best one yet. I don't know how many people will pony up the extra two grand for the Signature over the GTR, but i am one that likes all the toys you can put on it. Im sure some of the bells and whistles will make it to the other trims in the not so distant future

Fold in mirrors. LIKE
Didn't think the black headliner was a big deal. WRONG. Love it and the caturra brown leather. Very subtle
LED cabin lighting. 3 settings available for brightness. Didn't know how much I missed interior lighting. Wished they would of put a light in the arm rest box
POWER! For the size, this machine moves. IT IS FUN TO DRIVE. Haven't really put any miles on yet, but its been a blast to stomp on it.
Will download Android auto app and get that going and I'll take some pics and get them posted.
This is my 8th CX 5 and IMHO the best one yet. I don't know how many people will pony up the extra two grand for the Signature over the GTR, but i am one that likes all the toys you can put on it. Im sure some of the bells and whistles will make it to the other trims in the not so distant future

Great report. Can you describe the black headliner more? What exactly is it? Thicker?

Do you think they updated the camera from the Mazda 6?

Lucky man!

Can you describe the cabin lighting? Is it just an LED bulb here and there, or is it strips of light like you see on Audi, BMW, etc?

I'm looking seriously @ the CX-5.....but they haven't arrived here in VA yet. How did they price it? Any negotiating off of MSRP, or were they tacking on 'Market Adjustment' $$?

Fold in mirrors. LIKE

Thanks for the update. I just put down a deposit for the same build, though I do like the deep blue as well as the gray. I'll probably take whichever comes in first. I assume the pros and cons of the turbo will be identical to the Mazda 6 reviews, so I won't bother asking 0-60 times. Any noticeable difference in the new G-vectoring+?

Thanks for the update. I just put down a deposit for the same build, though I do like the deep blue as well as the gray. I'll probably take whichever comes in first. I assume the pros and cons of the turbo will be identical to the Mazda 6 reviews, so I won't bother asking 0-60 times. Any noticeable difference in the new G-vectoring+?

Not sure what the difference is but every single article/video review of the G-vectoring I read/seen is positive. 1-the reviewer can tell the difference and 2-the reviewer notes it makes driving more pleasurable/easier.

I'm looking seriously @ the CX-5.....but they haven't arrived here in VA yet. How did they price it? Any negotiating off of MSRP, or were they tacking on 'Market Adjustment' $$?

He posted in the *current selling price thread*...

Here is the deal I got.
2019 CX 5 Signature in Machine Gray
MSRP $38,185 incl. $995.00 delivery
Invoice $36,714
To Me: $35,245 before any rebates

Looks like he got about 7.5% off before any rebates he qualified for. Not too bad at all, especially considering it*s the first reported *wheels on the ground*...

Back