Dimmer for aftermarket radio

Tim Hogan

:
2014 cx5
Hi all my first time posting on a forum ever so please forgive me.Installed an after-market Kenwood radio in a 2014 CX-5 and am having trouble finding the dimmer wire in the factory harness can anybody help

Hi all my first time posting on a forum ever so please forgive me.Installed an after-market Kenwood radio in a 2014 CX-5 and am having trouble finding the dimmer wire in the factory harness can anybody help

I don't know for sure, but a lot of the diagrams i see for the newer cars show a lot of signalling happening over the CAN bus - so it could be possible that there is no dimmer wire. Just a computer signal that told the factory system when to dim and when not to - all over existing communication channels.

Thanks for the input didn't think of that damn new cars guess I'll have to run a wire from the headlights

Thanks for the input didn't think of that damn new cars guess I'll have to run a wire from the headlights
Or buy a rp4mz11 Pac canbus module that allows using Bose (if you have it) as well as gives you inputs for light dimming/reverse signal/steering wheel signals to be used with your aftermarket headunit

Back