Upgraded OS to 59.00.546 today

SeCX-9

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Dealership had me hold off on upgrading my system for a while as Mazda worked out many bugs with previous releases. I was at 58.00.250 since I bought the car less than 2 years ago. Was instructed to unpair and repair my iPhone to avoid any bluetooth communication problems. When I paired my iPhone X to the system, I got a message on my phone that my phone didn't have an App that the system was looking for. When I let it load the App Store it brought up 3 different apps. The only one that seemed to make sense was the Denso with the name NaviBridge. Sounded intriguing.....

So I downloaded the App to my iPhone. While it's not technically a navagation app, it reportedly sends navigation destination information to your cars Nav system. I loaded the App and it reports "Online" which means a connection is made between my phone and the car nav system over bluetooth. I pick my destination address which pulls from Google Maps, Apple Maps and Select "Send to Navigation Unit". The system reports that is HAS sent to the NAV unit, but nothing changes on my NAV screen.

Anyone else try using this system and have success or perhaps it's only working on non-USA models. See attached screen capture.

Attachments

• IMG_4259.PNG
    IMG_4259.PNG
    231.4 KB · Views: 772
Last edited:
Yes. Dealer just got the approved final download from Mazda yesterday and I told him I wanted it as soon as it was approved.

No. the App store showed them when I agreed to "Go to App Store". If I recall, 2 were all in Japanese. The 3rd, called NaviBridge from the IOS App Store seemed legit as it's from Denso who make the Nav systems. (It was also all in English). The only way to reload the alert for the missing Apps is to clear out the phone from the car and start over. I don't want to do this as it took some time to get my phon to reesync all the contacts.

Haven't noticed much of a difference other than the Voice Commands seem to have new recording and seems to be more help screens (it could just be that I need to reset some of the setup screens). Contrary to what others have reported, seems to take just as long to boot as before.

Haven't noticed much of a difference other than the Voice Commands seem to have new recording and seems to be more help screens (it could just be that I need to reset some of the setup screens). Contrary to what others have reported, seems to take just as long to boot as before.

Good to know. My previous CX9 2017 had the .441 version installed, and it felt very laggy compared to my new 2018 CX9 with .504 version. So, any person upgrading from that version or less is going to see a performance boost overall. The only good thing about the .441 is the ability to install the AIO tweaks. I installed Android Auto, a video app and other tweaks and visual customizations, even removing the speed restriction.

Last edited:
So noticed something with the radio since the upgrade. One of my local FM/HD stations now "skips" like a scratched record. Station 105.7FM, WROR, never had a problem before the upgrade. Now, while listening to music, the station will skip. Doing some reading on the web, it appears it's related to stations tuning in and out of HD Radio. NEVER had this problem before the OS upgrade. Either Mazda did something to the tuning algorithms on the radio or the WROR has changed their antenna signal or location. Does not happen with other stations. Problem seemed to happen on the drive all the way out from Boston to the burbs. Their antenna is on top of the Hancock tower in Boston as well.....https://radio-locator.com/info/WROR-FM

Is there a way to force an FM station to stay on FM and not tune to HD to avoid this?

I've actually noticed how seamlessly the radio switches between HD and non-HD. I'll check WROR on the way home today and see if WROR is any different (I have not upgraded yet).

I've actually noticed how seamlessly the radio switches between HD and non-HD. I'll check WROR on the way home today and see if WROR is any different (I have not upgraded yet).

It HAS been seemless....so unless WROR changed their power output, the tuning software changed.

Also, I was scrolling through the menus and I quite honestly don't remember setting up the stations. When I had the radio SEARCH for stations, 105.7 did NOT come up during a scan. But when I tuned to it specifically, it came in fine.

I also updated to .546 but haven't noticed any disruptions with the radio. It may be a placebo effect but everything seems to start up and connect with little to no delay

It HAS been seemless....so unless WROR changed their power output, the tuning software changed.

Also, I was scrolling through the menus and I quite honestly don't remember setting up the stations. When I had the radio SEARCH for stations, 105.7 did NOT come up during a scan. But when I tuned to it specifically, it came in fine.

Not sure what's going on, but it isn't with WROR. Mine switch between HD and non-HD many times on the way home with no issue/skip. Let's see how Jim handles this. :D

Problem stopped a few days ago....extremely strange as it's switching just fine. Wife was with me on the first few days and we both heard the problem. My guess is that WROR antenna had some issues and I even tweeted and FB'd them asking if they were having issue on those days. No response.

Now it's working quite normally.

Problem stopped a few days ago....extremely strange as it's switching just fine. Wife was with me on the first few days and we both heard the problem. My guess is that WROR antenna had some issues and I even tweeted and FB'd them asking if they were having issue on those days. No response.

Now it's working quite normally.

I installed the software update today at the dealer... from reading this forum I installed the NaviBridge prior to it. I have the same issue SeCX-9 has. It reports sending to the unit, but nothing actually happens? Just another unfinished product from Mazda. I did also have issues with the HD radio. I was listening to a station heading to the dealer. On the way back, it was very hard to lock a signal. I had to turn on/off HD multiple times. Seems to be working now, but I'm also closer to the city.
One bug I noticed was fixed was the speed limit warning. Now 0, 5, and 10 work. Prior (in 441) you couldn't change these settings. I still have the TACH saved on position two. It did not go away with 546.

Update: Overall, a bit of a performance boost. The warning pop up doesnt take forever to show up and Bluetooth devices seem to connect a lot quicker rather than after a couple minutes.

Dealership had me hold off on upgrading my system for a while as Mazda worked out many bugs with previous releases. I was at 58.00.250 since I bought the car less than 2 years ago. Was instructed to unpair and repair my iPhone to avoid any bluetooth communication problems. When I paired my iPhone X to the system, I got a message on my phone that my phone didn't have an App that the system was looking for. When I let it load the App Store it brought up 3 different apps. The only one that seemed to make sense was the Denso with the name NaviBridge. Sounded intriguing.....

So I downloaded the App to my iPhone. While it's not technically a navagation app, it reportedly sends navigation destination information to your cars Nav system. I loaded the App and it reports "Online" which means a connection is made between my phone and the car nav system over bluetooth. I pick my destination address which pulls from Google Maps, Apple Maps and Select "Send to Navigation Unit". The system reports that is HAS sent to the NAV unit, but nothing changes on my NAV screen.

Anyone else try using this system and have success or perhaps it's only working on non-USA models. See attached screen capture.

Response from Denso:

Thank you for visiting DENSO Website and your message dated July 14th.

Unfortunately the GPS navigation system of Mazda CX-9 for the US market does not support
NaviBridge.
Only models for the Japanese market are compatible with NaviBridge.
Please contact MAZDA for details.

we are sorry, we can not meet your expectations.

Best regards,

We look forward to your next visit to the DENSO Website.
Best regards

So just another sloppy code update. No reason for the NA version to be prompting for the app if it doesnt support it? SMDH!

Has anyone lost the speed limit being displayed on the main navigation screen with this release? My dealer updated it to .546 couple of weeks ago and I updated the maps to latest version and now I no longer see the Speed Limit on main screen based on GPS/Nav Data. It still shows it on the HUD based on posted limits on signage being picked up by the camera.

I updated to .546 last Saturday... I didn’t unpair my phone and it still connects and works perfectly. I haven’t downloaded that app and I don’t get a message indicating that I’m missing an app on my phone.

I still get the speed limit showing in the Nav screen... but then again, I haven’t updated to the latest maps update.

I updated to .546 last Saturday... I didnt unpair my phone and it still connects and works perfectly. I havent downloaded that app and I dont get a message indicating that Im missing an app on my phone.

I still get the speed limit showing in the Nav screen... but then again, I havent updated to the latest maps update.

I was told to unpair it and pair it back again.

Back