New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished installing everything about 2 hours ago and busted out a quick edit for part 2 of my installation video. Install was a great success! Definitely took a few minutes to figure out exactly how their implementation of Android Auto worked but I'm pretty happy with it. I really enjoy the control knob. Good luck with your own installs. https://youtu.be/lSrbGwlL13U

BRAVO! Well done!

One quick request....on the final edit, can you please slow down the reinstall of the trim, or perhaps do that as a Part 3? Thanks!

You're looking at three business days from order date to get shipping confirmation. That was what it took for me and another person who got from them.
I ordered last Saturday night and I got a shipping confirmation yesterday at about 4:45pm eastern.

I just called, and he's going to ship it out later today! yay!

Looks it will be $445 CAD installed uip here in Canada according to this:

https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/art...roid-auto-coming-to-a-mazda-vehicle-near-you/

This should be in the range of $340 USD by the conversion rate.

Wow! I installed it myself in each of my Mazdas.
Installations took less than 2 hours and my cost for both cars was less than the instaled cost for the CX-5 alone.
I like it, but not certain that it's worth double the $$ for me.

That said; I may REALLY like it when ios 12 is released and I can run Waze on the infotainment system.

Wow! I installed it myself in each of my Mazdas.
Installations took less than 2 hours and my cost for both cars was less than the instaled cost for the CX-5 alone.
I like it, but not certain that it's worth double the $$ for me.

That said; I may REALLY like it when ios 12 is released and I can run Waze on the infotainment system.

Monday

Corbin, start a new thread and put both videos in your the first post. I'll (or someone can) copy that dude's post from the Mazda3 forum that he posted with all that info and put it there.
Lets make this easier for people to find.

Corbin, start a new thread and put both videos in your the first post. I'll (or someone can) copy that dude's post from the Mazda3 forum that he posted with all that info and put it there.
In How-To section ⋯

Done!

This is not correct. You CAN zoom in and out with the knob. You simply choose the down arrow first, which hides the buttons. Then the knob zooms in and out, yes even when driving. It's the best way to do it.

Hope this helps.

I agree that touchscreen ONLY in any vehicle is FAR inferior to a hybrid setup like Mazda's. I would not own a vehicle like that.

I did not know this, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Now, is there any way to have the buttons hidden by default (mind you I haven't looked in the settings menus yet) so that zooming is available by default? I also noticed that I can push the controller up/down/left/right to re-center the map away from where I actually am, but this functionality appears to be tied to the touchscreen motion disablement (that is, you can't re-center while in motion, what a PITA!)...?

Yes, I agree, touchscreen only is FAR inferior to the hybrid setup that Mazda has (or other manufacturers that also have controllers, some of which are slightly better implementations that Mazda's); but, the motion disablement of the touchscreen is just too far into the nanny state...IMHO that should be an option for the owner in the settings if they want it disabled/enabled in motion for their own person/family/car...

I did not know this, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Now, is there any way to have the buttons hidden by default (mind you I haven't looked in the settings menus yet) so that zooming is available by default? I also noticed that I can push the controller up/down/left/right to re-center the map away from where I actually am, but this functionality appears to be tied to the touchscreen motion disablement (that is, you can't re-center while in motion, what a PITA!)...?

Yes, I agree, touchscreen only is FAR inferior to the hybrid setup that Mazda has (or other manufacturers that also have controllers, some of which are slightly better implementations that Mazda's); but, the motion disablement of the touchscreen is just too far into the nanny state...IMHO that should be an option for the owner in the settings if they want it disabled/enabled in motion for their own person/family/car...
I usually just push the back button once the map comes up... It takes legit one second. No way to hide by default from what I have been able to find.

You're looking at three business days from order date to get shipping confirmation. That was what it took for me and another person who got from them.

I ordered last Saturday night and I got a shipping confirmation yesterday at about 4:45pm eastern.

I ordered the kit last Sunday at noon and it took Mazda NY Parts three business days (until yesterday, Wednesday) to CANCEL my order because the kit part number I ordered "This number isn't available.If you are looking for apple carplay for the mazda6 use tk78-66-9u0c and c922-v6-605"... I replied telling them that I understood the kit to be a combination of the two individual parts they have provided numbers for, and that the kit was available to order on their website at the time I ordered. I also asked why they wouldn't have just called/emailed me to see if I wanted the individual parts rather than cancelling my kit order and making me start over (noting that the kit could still be ordered on their website as I was writing the email; heck you can even order it NOW)... They replied today "sorry the part is not available right now." Sigh...

Fortunately, when I got the cancellation from NY Mazda yesterday, I hopped over to Priority and ordered there. I also called Mazda/Ford of Orange here in SoCal which had at least 15 of each part and were willing to sell them to me over the counter (for retail rather than Priority's discounted price, but also not the marked-up prices that some other local dealers were "offering" to sell them for), which was my backup plan for today until I got the shipping notice this morning from Priority and a tracking number that tells me it should arrive on Saturday (and has left Priority)!

Now to collect my other necessities in order to do the install, maybe Sunday...!

Last edited:
I ordered the kit last Sunday at noon and it took Mazda NY Parts three business days (until yesterday, Wednesday) to CANCEL my order because the kit part number I ordered "This number isn't available.If you are looking for apple carplay for the mazda6 use tk78-66-9u0c and c922-v6-605"... I replied telling them that I understood the kit to be a combination of the two individual parts they have provided numbers for, and that the kit was available to order on their website at the time I ordered. I also asked why they wouldn't have just called/emailed me to see if I wanted the individual parts rather than cancelling my kit order and making me start over (noting that the kit could still be ordered on their website as I was writing the email; heck you can even order it NOW)... They replied today "sorry the part is not available right now." Sigh...

Fortunately, when I got the cancellation from NY Mazda yesterday, I hopped over to Priority and ordered there. I also called Mazda/Ford of Orange here in SoCal which had at least 15 of each part and were willing to sell them to me over the counter (for retail rather than Priority's discounted price, but also not the marked-up prices that some other local dealers were "offering" to sell them for), which was my backup plan for today until I got the shipping notice this morning from Priority and a tracking number that tells me it should arrive on Saturday (and has left Priority)!

Now to collect my other necessities in order to do the install, maybe Sunday...!
Glad it's all working out for you man, I ordered the individual parts from mazdanyparts as I didn't have the kit number. Should have mine today at some point.

I think Mazda USA is probably trying to get dealers to stop selling them. I bet theyre attempting to boost Mazda6 sales by giving it an exclusive. But thats dumb. I dont think many people actually cross shop CX-5 and Mazda6. They are either in the market for a sedan or a crossover...... so why withhold the feature from your car that actually is popular..... ok rant over.

I think Mazda USA is probably trying to get dealers to stop selling them. I bet they*re attempting to boost Mazda6 sales by giving it an exclusive. But that*s dumb. I don*t think many people actually cross shop CX-5 and Mazda6. They are either in the market for a sedan or a crossover...... so why withhold the feature from your car that actually is popular..... ok rant over.

On the other forums, it has been stated that Mazda wants to meet volume of 6 owners it has been promised too. That is what the initial stock is for and until they get the letters out to all 6 owners and start installs, they don't want to run out of parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back