2016 CX-5 GT Navigation Updates!

You have nothing to lose by downloading the new map?(wink)

Well I was hoping it was more than just maps TBH.

My Cell phone navigator works about 10x better than the Maps system built into the Mazda, especially when it comes to driving at rush hour and the Mazda has no idea about the other cars.

Well I was hoping it was more than just maps TBH.

My Cell phone navigator works about 10x better than the Maps system built into the Mazda, especially when it comes to driving at rush hour and the Mazda has no idea about the other cars.

Ah I see.

UK Mazdas have the Live Traffic function which you don't unfortunately seem to have in the U.S.

Ah I see.

UK Mazdas have the Live Traffic function which you don't unfortunately seem to have in the U.S.

Yea... the only two things that bug me about our new CX-5:

- No memory seats
- No traffic function on the nav

Two features that are literally so easy to add, that they included them on CX-5's everywhere else! Mazda hates Americans I think.

What would happen if you were to install the U.K. OS in the North America car...??? Hum.. maybe nothing,... but I saw that in Indonesia they have the ability to play DVD video n there units too... so if the head units and the same and it's only software differences....

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/entertainment-dvd?language=en-RW

I wouldn't recommend you try it as you will also be installing multiple EU languages plus the FM radio frequencies are different and includes DAB radio which I think the US does not have . The UK version of the head unit does not have HD Radio and also Pandora is not available. Neither does the UK head unit have a DVD player as CD only so there are hardware differences as well. Bit of a minefield really.

Cheers

Jonno21

I would not try it, just kind of wish we all could have the same or some things from other areas.

UK, live traffic

DVD or video option for the kids

Would like at the least CarPlay soon with pandora update too LOL...

I updated my Nav yesterday.

My system now has traffic options, and shows some basic traffic info, although I have not tested in with a trip yet.

Was this stuff here before? Or was this just added?

I was at my local Mazda dealer yesterday (finally seem to have sorted a issue with auto transmission) and asked about when the next entertainment system software update will be released.

They said that there is a BIG software update/enhancement due out very soon, and that Mazda Japan has promised it will address the slow/unsatisfactory performance many people have experienced. He said that they have been told in the meantime to stop doing any updates to the currently available entertainment system software.

So I guess we just have to wait and see what this big new sw release achieves, both in terms of performance imporvements, and possibly new or enhanced features and capabilities.

Obviously this info applies for Australian systems, but rarely to we get anything that is not bieng released more widely so I expect something similar will be worldwide.

I updated my Nav yesterday.

My system now has traffic options, and shows some basic traffic info, although I have not tested in with a trip yet.

Was this stuff here before? Or was this just added?

Just updated my maps to the January update. Sorry no new features that I can see. Traffic is the same old historical data, no live traffic, sorry.

I hope the new update include live traffic. I had a 2014 CX-5 and liked that it had live traffic updates. I now have a 2016.5 CX-5 and wish it had live traffic updates. So convenient.

Just updated my maps to the January update. Sorry no new features that I can see. Traffic is the same old historical data, no live traffic, sorry.

Most recent update online says it's from Sept 16. Where was this Jan update?

Mazda connect on line states January 12,2017 is latest update for 2016 cx-5 with tech package l updated my system on January 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at Mazda dealership this morning on another issue. Spoke to Mazda head office technical rep about the "big infotainmnet system software update" that they told me late last year would be relesaed "early in 2017".

He confirmed this big update is still coming, but had been delayed as issues were found in testing so its back in Japan for further development. They now hope it will be released here in Australia in April. He also confirmed that Mazda has told dealers to hold off doing any updates to existing systems until the new version is released. He is confident that this update will resolve nearly 100% of issues people have been having with performance.

I asked about Apple carplay, he wasnt saying anything.

I was at Mazda dealership this morning on another issue. Spoke to Mazda head office technical rep about the "big infotainmnet system software update" that they told me late last year would be relesaed "early in 2017".

He confirmed this big update is still coming, but had been delayed as issues were found in testing so its back in Japan for further development. They now hope it will be released here in Australia in April. He also confirmed that Mazda has told dealers to hold off doing any updates to existing systems until the new version is released. He is confident that this update will resolve nearly 100% of issues people have been having with performance.

I asked about Apple carplay, he wasnt saying anything.

Are you talking about a Nav update or an infotainment system update?

Back