Are door sill protectors with it?

isketerol

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 GS 2018 AWD
Are door sill protectors worth it? I keep looking at them and considering various options.

Are door sill protectors worth it? I keep looking at them and considering various options.

With the crappy winter weather in Ontario, climbing in and out of the car with heavy snowy salty boots, I think they're worth it.
Maybe in the sunny south where everyone wears flip-flops, not so much.

Yea but how often do your feet actually come in contact with the sills? Hardly ever.

With the crappy winter weather in Ontario, climbing in and out of the car with heavy snowy salty boots, I think they're worth it.
Maybe in the sunny south where everyone wears flip-flops, not so much.

I hear you. Even with this mild winter there was loads of slop on the roads.

Yea but how often do your feet actually come in contact with the sills? Hardly ever.

Depends on the individual.
I try and lift my feet over the sill to avoid any touches.
My wife on the other hand drags her feet over the sill all the time. Drives me nuts.
The sill on the passenger side of my 5 month old car is always dirty, and already getting scratched.
She also pushes on the inside bottom of the door panel with her foot to push/prop it open. Same story there. I'm constantly wiping it down. Aarrgg

I hear you. Even with this mild winter there was loads of slop on the roads.

I don't know what part of Ontario you are in, but here in Ottawa today the weather was brutal. You'd think it was the middle of February.
Freezing rain right now, and the roads are slick as a rink. It's terrible.

As others said, depends on how often your feet come in contact. I wish I had some installed when I bought my CX-5, as I noticed a pretty deep scratch yesterday after only a few months. I find I accidentally drag my feet on the sills occasionally, and with all the gravel on the roads in the winter, I can imagine they can get pretty beat up.
I've been thinking of getting something I could install myself. Where you thinking the same? I'd be curious to see what's available for DIY.

Ton of stuff on eBay. You don't need someone to install them.

I don't know what part of Ontario you are in, but here in Ottawa today the weather was brutal. You'd think it was the middle of February.
Freezing rain right now, and the roads are slick as a rink. It's terrible.

Toronto downtown didn't get it as bad as the suburbs and elsewhere in the province. Still a good weekend to stay in.

Depends on the individual.
I try and lift my feet over the sill to avoid any touches.
My wife on the other hand drags her feet over the sill all the time. Drives me nuts.
The sill on the passenger side of my 5 month old car is always dirty, and already getting scratched.
She also pushes on the inside bottom of the door panel with her foot to push/prop it open. Same story there. I'm constantly wiping it down. Aarrgg

Maybe a visual graphic placard posted on the passenger side showing those actions with a big line through them (foot propping door open) like a no smoking sign. That might remind her :)

I am on the fence about a LED door sill. Its only 2 piece, it needs no wiring and its usb rechargeable. At 80 or so a pair - not too bad. Its OSRAM which is a German light manufacturer. Mazda OEM ones with lights are 200 bucks - not really cheap for me.

Maybe a visual graphic placard posted on the passenger side showing those actions with a big line through them (foot propping door open) like a no smoking sign. That might remind her :)

ha ha. Might be worth a try, although she doesn't take kindly to my "suggestions".

I don't like the look. If I thought it necessary, I'd consider a clear film.

How about skipping them, then if it gets damaged, install the protectors then.

Wonder how the wiring is for the illumination of CX-5
Seems like the OEM ones for 17-18 models are using watch batteries and triggered by magnets. Correct me if I'm wrong. We don't sell them up here in Canada anyways ..

I do love the ones for 2013-16 version. It's selling for around 100 dollars and look much better than the new ones. Wondering if anyone got these fitted on the 17-18 models.

Seems like the OEM ones for 17-18 models are using watch batteries and triggered by magnets. Correct me if I'm wrong. We don't sell them up here in Canada anyways ..

Interesting.

Mazda Canada's website doesn't seem to have a dedicated section to CX-5 accessories.

(hmm)

Back