Is Photobucket charging you for "third party hosting " ???

monkey%20cartoon.png

So I decided to ditch Tapatalk and just use this forum to host my pictures.

Tapatalk didn't seem to want to let me upload a video.

So I'm still practicing posting pics...

This is a wrench trick in case you want to hold your cams while doing a T-belt change...

Wrenchtrick_zps9f2e4914.jpg

So after all the BS with Photobucket, I finally found Postimage to host my pictures,.. And it was working great until today.

Now this happened and all my pictures have again disappeared...

Now I'm supposed to update the code for every picture I've posted for the last year.

I hate computers.

So I decided to ditch Tapatalk and just use this forum to host my pictures.

Tapatalk didn't seem to want to let me upload a video.

So I'm still practicing posting pics...

This is a wrench trick in case you want to hold your cams while doing a T-belt change...

Wrenchtrick_zps9f2e4914.jpg

this is smart

I personally had the same issue. decided to say **** photobucket and went with Imgur. so far so good.

I second this! Imgur handy for embedded photos.

It's funny really, since last time I regularly posted on a forum was when I was in 5th grade through 6th grade. I used photobucket frequently back then, and still have my old account. Imgur's streamlined, and I can appreciate that.

It didn't take me long to upload a picture of this sweet Chaser I saw when I was in Japan:

PUSumMN.jpg

After realizing that this forum only hosts a limited number of pictures I found Imgur and Tapatalk but found them difficult.

I like Postimage because it's simple and easy but now I lost a bunch of pics and diagrams.

They might be able to sort s*** out and get their .org back but it appears that any new pics will post.

Starting over,.. Again.

So it seems to work for new pictures ???

If I can figure out how to change all my .org pics to .cc, the old pics might show up again ..???

If I try to figure out Imgur then sure as s***, in six months they'll pull a Photobucket and start charging $300 a year and take my pictures.

It's funny really, since last time I regularly posted on a forum was when I was in 5th grade through 6th grade.

When I was in 6th grade, this was the phone we had.

It was was a BIG deal when the rotary phone was available in different colors !!

When I was in 6th grade, this was the phone we had.

It was was a BIG deal when the rotary phone was available in different colors !!

OMG, talk about jogging a few memories.
I'm an "older" gentleman, compared to most of you, and when I got out of school, the first job I got was with Bell Telephone.
Spent five years there installing phones and business systems.
Colour phones was a huge deal for sure.
Then they came out with the princess and contempra phones, and then.....wait for it.....touchtone phones. Wooowoo. That was majorly high tech.

Back in the days where many rented their landline phones. :)

You rented the line and you rented the phone...

SO ,.. When the neighbors moved out and you stole their phone, you couldn't just plug it in and go, because the BELL telephone narks were cruising the neighborhood ringing peoples phones trying to find out who has more phones ringing than they've paid for.

SO ,.. In a valiant effort to thwart the Bell Narks we would cut the wires leading to the ringer (bell) so the bell wouldn't ring and draw any current...

You could always hear the other phones in the house ringing (the ones you paid for)

Christ, my perception of you guys' ages was off by a bit, no offence intended :^)

Man, the only "old" phone I ever recall using was some manila-colored corded phone. We didn't have a shared line, but we did have dial-up. I remember when I was really young, I was trying to connect to the internet to play some Veggietales games (lol!). I didn't realize my mother was on the phone, and I ended up screwing with her call connection. I swear, her voice came through the computer speakers in confusion as the computer chirped and played the little animation of the packets flying from the computer (Windows ME), and in a panic to avoid a solid ass-beating, I disconnected and ran to my room. Good times :^)

It's crazy thinking that I'll probably explain to my future grandchildren that I drove my car...let alone with a lever that the driver moves to change gears!

I tried updating my code from .org to .CC for a few pictures but it doesn't seem to work.

I maybe able to repost some images because they are still listed at Postimage.

This is an older picture,.. Let's see if it posts..

None taken... my first computer with 16k RAM. :) .... program loads from my Sears cassette recorder and BASIC code saves to the same device.

994abeige.jpg

258400efcfe0b2ea1a1a16b3779082a0.jpg

Christ, my perception of you guys' ages was off by a bit, no offence intended :^)

Man, the only "old" phone I ever recall using was some manila-colored corded phone. We didn't have a shared line, but we did have dial-up. I remember when I was really young, I was trying to connect to the internet to play some Veggietales games (lol!). I didn't realize my mother was on the phone, and I ended up screwing with her call connection. I swear, her voice came through the computer speakers in confusion as the computer chirped and played the little animation of the packets flying from the computer (Windows ME), and in a panic to avoid a solid ass-beating, I disconnected and ran to my room. Good times :^)

It's crazy thinking that I'll probably explain to my future grandchildren that I drove my car...let alone with a lever that the driver moves to change gears!

Man that's so cool...oldest computer I've ever seen was my pal's dad's old broken Coleco computer. I love the aesthetics of old computers, and maybe someday I'll fix one up and see what it'll do!

Until then, it's just putting my nose to the grinder and finishing my Computer Engineering degree (and keeping my P5 in performing shape)

Back