Auto light sensitivity

Yea they are fine at dusk and stuff. It's just during the day when driving into a parking garage that it takes a long time for the auto light to kick in. I don't think it's related to the DRL since that was how my 2014 mazda3 was too.

Yea they are fine at dusk and stuff. It's just during the day when driving into a parking garage that it takes a long time for the auto light to kick in. I don't think it's related to the DRL since that was how my 2014 mazda3 was too.
That is strange. As I enter my garage with my 6 which has led DRL's on only, within 2-3 seconds the headlights come on whilst the light switch is in auto. Maybe sensitivity levels over there are different.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Sensitivity levels on my 16 are great. Like you Xeler8ing, once I go into a garage, within 5 seconds they're on.

Sensitivity levels on my 16 are great. Like you Xeler8ing, once I go into a garage, within 5 seconds they're on.
Which means given the DRL's are tied in the headlights, I suspect this might have something to do with the delay. 16s DRL's are independent of the headlights

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

So no lights on at all when driving (uhm)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yup don't really care for them. But it was kinda weird tho, so used to seeing my light reflection off cars lol I've disabled DRL on all my previous cars too except for the mazda3 since it had LED DRL which looked pretty cool.

Yup don't really care for them. But it was kinda weird tho, so used to seeing my light reflection off cars lol I've disabled DRL on all my previous cars too except for the mazda3 since it had LED DRL which looked pretty cool.
Bummer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It adjusts the level of light before the lights come on, not the time. Without sufficient "soak" time, the lights would be flashing as you drive under trees for example.

This isn't true at all, my other cars auto lights will turn on instantly in underground parking or inside tunnels and has never flashed or flickered when driving through shadows or trees.

This is definitely one thing I don't like about the CX-5.

This isn't true at all, my other cars auto lights will turn on instantly in underground parking or inside tunnels and has never flashed or flickered when driving through shadows or trees.

This is definitely one thing I don't like about the CX-5.
My CX-5 leds come on straight away when I enter my garage

The issue must be exclusive to the North American spec CX-5's then. Other world markets have different headlamps/DRL's etc.

Fair enough.

I do have the ability to adjust sensitivity levels for when the lights go on/off etc

Back