What did you pay for your CX-5?

Everything I've read says say no to extended warranties. They offered Ally, the one that covers everything except exclusions. First at 2600 for 10Y 150K, but with $200 deductible. Then at 0 deductible for 2900. Mazda one for 100K at 2300. Anything worth buy can be purchased later. I might try to negotiate one later, we do keep our cars forever. Maybe I'll search or make a topic relating to price of warranties and what was worth it.

The warranty on a new vehicle is a gamble, which is usually won by the selling party. More so on a current Mazda. Save the money it would have cost you and put it towards any issue that may come up. If I would have done this for all my new car purchases over the years, I could have gotten the CX-5 for nothing. Now, if you are the unlucky type, like a few members claim to be, go for it. I just can't imagine what would have to fail post base warranty to make up almost $3k.

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am looking for a 2019 AWD CX-5 GT with Premium Package and this is the best deal I have. (I am going to visit the dealership today for a test drive and haven't done any negotiation)

$30,300 after rebates plus
- tax (10.3% in Seattle),
- license and
- doc. fee. ($150)

Is this a decent deal? Do I have room to negotiate and if so what should I be targeting?

This is my first time buying a car so any help in negotiating with be really helpful.

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am looking for a 2019 AWD CX-5 GT with Premium Package and this is the best deal I have. (I am going to visit the dealership today for a test drive and haven't done any negotiation)

- license and
- doc. fee. ($150)

Is this a decent deal? Do I have room to negotiate and if so what should I be targeting?

This is my first time buying a car so any help in negotiating with be really helpful.

email 10-15 dealers and play the best quote against them until there is 1 standing. If that is not the dealer you want to buy from, bring that best offer to the dealer you would like to buy from and ask them to match. Don't negotiate at the dealership..that's their turf.

Trying to buy a 2019 CX5 Touring AWD.
(Grey metallic)

Current best quote is $23,700 (sale price)+$1045(Destination fee)+$300(Dealer fee)+$366(registration charges)+($1607 sales tax)

OTD $27,018.

Should I pull the trigger?

Bought the grey CX5 Touring AWD. $27318 out of the door. Very much like the vehicle. Dealership experience was another thing though. Two of them tried to do a bait and switch on rebates! The practise is to quote a price low using all the available rebates and then when you are at the dealership tell you that you dont qualify for the rebate. I actually wrote an email to one to confirm the out of the door price and especially mentioned that I am not a current mazda owner. The sales guy agreed to the price and when we went there he started this BS again. Walked out of the dealership and called another one and they did a price match. Out of the dealership in about an hour.

Thanks for all the information on this forum, especially the CD issue. It was very enlightening!

Hi,

- license and
- doc. fee. ($150)

email 10-15 dealers and play the best quote against them until there is 1 standing. If that is not the dealer you want to buy from, bring that best offer to the dealer you would like to buy from and ask them to match. Don't negotiate at the dealership..that's their turf.

Hi NKS, do you mind telling me the dealership? I am in WA also and that is the best price Ive seen!! How much is the car (before taxes and fees)?
Thanks !!
Cheyanne

Hi All,

New to Mazda and glad this thread exists. Looking to buy a 2019 CX5 Touring FWD in Snowflake White for my daughter and wondering about pricing.
Currently, the best offer I have is:

$23,074 after dealer discounts and incentives
$512 license/registration
$122 doc processing/evr/tire fee
$2,019 tax
$25727 total

If anyone would care to weigh in on this deal, I'd appreciate your advice or experience. Thanks!

Everything I've read says say no to extended warranties. They offered Ally, the one that covers everything except exclusions. First at 2600 for 10Y 150K, but with $200 deductible. Then at 0 deductible for 2900. Mazda one for 100K at 2300. Anything worth buy can be purchased later. I might try to negotiate one later, we do keep our cars forever. Maybe I'll search or make a topic relating to price of warranties and what was worth it.

Reading opinions about what worked in the past is a moot point. Bear in mind, we're in a new era of automotive diag and repair (therefore new era of costs)...keep that in mind. My younger brother currently works for one of the largest auto auction companies in the country after selling new and used GM for 12 years. Before that, a certified mechanic. We just had an in-depth discussion about warranties and modern day techno-marvels over the holiday. Bottom line is he personally would never own another new car from this point forward w/o one. "Anyone who would buy a new car they plan to keep w/o a full warranty of the longest duration possible is a fool". Negotiate the warranty as you would the car...there's plenty of room. I did OK according to him, obviously I could have done better. As I said, now I know.

Mazda's warranty, at the time of my purchase, covers everything including everything electrical/electronic. Exclusions are the typical routine maintenance items....I read the warranty cover to cover because no one at the dealer had a clue when I asked about details. I was most concerned w/ ALL of the tech being covered. Those prices you cite are ludicrous btw. Your best bet is to shop multiple dealers and pit one against the other. I had no interest in non-manufacturer warranties...too much finger pointing. Been there, done that in the industrial world...won't be any different in automotive. It literally took less than 15 minutes of the F&I manager's time where I purchased the warranty to produce the warranty papers and register it w/ Mazda. So it's easy money for them.

Last edited:
Here's the deal I completed last week in SoCal for reference. My dealer was offering 0% financing, which I took in place of the Manufacturer $1500 cash back. Dealer wouldn't go lower on price for me, but did give me a $500 gas card.

2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature
-Machine Gray Metallic paint
-Roof Rack Side Rails

MSRP 38,585.00

Vehicle Price 35,634.00
Loyalty rebate -750.00
Price after rebate 34,884.00
Doc Fee 85.00
License/Title 494.00
Tire/Battery/VTR Fee 8.75
Other Fee 30.00
Sales Tax 2,589.63
Total OTD 38,091.38

San Francisco Bay area.
Purchase date 12/01/2019
2019 Grand Touring AWD 2.5L, machine grey, premium package.
MSRP 34115 including delivery
Cash payment.
Current Mazda owner.

Not a very good deal though. But still happy with it.

--update:
correction: MSRP = 31445+ color + GT premium package = 34415
Vehicle price = 30900
Rebate = 2000 + 750 (current mazda owner)
Tax= 2789
Doc = 443

OOD = 31500

Last edited:
San Francisco Bay area.
Purchase date 12/01/2019
2019 Grand Touring AWD 2.5L, machine grey, premium package.
MSRP 34115 including delivery
Out of door 31500.
Cash payment.
Current Mazda owner.

Not a very good deal though. But still happy with it.
Does your otd include taxes? If so, it*s a great deal.

Does your otd include taxes? If so, it*s a great deal.

31500 with tax and lic included. Couldn't remember the exact amount of the vhiecle price. Paid about 28000 on the car itself.

Correction: the MSRP is 34415.

Last edited:
Looks like the December 2019 & 2020 CX-5 promotions stayed the same. I thought maybe they'd increase the offers on the 2019's.

So it looks like % of MSRP hasn't changed much from this Summer when I purchased. So much for the wait until the 2020's roll in. Glad I didn't wait.

Hi All,

New to Mazda and glad this thread exists. Looking to buy a 2019 CX5 Touring FWD in Snowflake White for my daughter and wondering about pricing.
Currently, the best offer I have is:

$23,074 after dealer discounts and incentives
$512 license/registration
$122 doc processing/evr/tire fee
$2,019 tax
$25727 total

If anyone would care to weigh in on this deal, I'd appreciate your advice or experience. Thanks!

Old data, but might help?

Back in May, I "financed" the following for a Red CX-5 Touring FWD with Homelink Mirror.

$25,820 + fees and tax

31500 with tax and lic included. Couldn't remember the exact amount of the vhiecle price. Paid about 28000 on the car itself.

Correction: the MSRP is 34415.
6k off of 34k msrp. Thats unusual. I did pretty well getting 4500 off of 38,355 msrp.

Hi all, I am looking to purchase a 2019 CX5 Touring without the touring package, either the light or dark blue so no paint premium The dealer has quoted the following.:
MSRP 28,245.00
CASH 1,500.00
LOYALTY 750.00
DISCOUNT 1740.00
DOC FEE 699.00
TTL 965.47

Total out the door $25,914.47

I'm in NC. Thoughts on the offer? I usually own my cars for around 10 years so I won't be planning to trade it anytime in the next few years.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi all, I am looking to purchase a 2019 CX5 Touring without the touring package, either the light or dark blue so no paint premium The dealer has quoted the following.:
MSRP 28,245.00
CASH 1,500.00
LOYALTY 750.00
DISCOUNT 1740.00
DOC FEE 699.00
TTL 965.47

Total out the door $25,914.47

I'm in NC. Thoughts on the offer? I usually own my cars for around 10 years so I won't be planning to trade it anytime in the next few years.

Thanks for your feedback!

You should easily be able to get at least another another $500 if not more dealer discount. Looks like they offering around 6% discount off MSRP. Make them an offer for a discount in the 8-9% range. The worst they can do is say no. That's what I did 2 months ago & the dealer accepted my offer. Especially since dealers have both 19's & 20's on their lots. Looks like NC gets $1500 customer cash, PA only gets $1000 right now. The $699 doc fee seems excessive but if you look back through this thread those numbers are all over the place. I only paid around $300 fee for everything excluding tax.

Also try going through TrueCar.com. I did that and got a bunch more $$ off my earlier dealer quotes. It's an easy process and you'll get quotes in your email direct from the dealerships. The only downside is that I also got a bunch of the dealers calling my phone "to see if they could help" :)

For comparison, my recent 2019 CX-5 AWD + Touring Package was $28700 (incl MD taxes) out the door and on the road, via TrueCar. (Equates to just under $27000 without taxes.)

Last edited:
Also try going through TrueCar.com. I did that and got a bunch more $$ off my earlier dealer quotes. It's an easy process and you'll get quotes in your email direct from the dealerships. The only downside is that I also got a bunch of the dealers calling my phone "to see if they could help" :)

For comparison, my recent 2019 CX-5 AWD + Touring Package was $28700 (incl MD taxes) out the door and on the road, via TrueCar. (Equates to just under $27000 without taxes.)

TrueCar is garbage. You can already beat their quote by $300 without even trying because that's what the dealer paid for the lead to sell.

Glad it worked out for you, but a buyer really wanting a helluva deal will steer clear of TrueCar.

TrueCar is garbage. You can already beat their quote by $300 without even trying because that's what the dealer paid for the lead to sell.

Glad it worked out for you, but a buyer really wanting a helluva deal will steer clear of TrueCar.

Maybe so, but even so it'll give you a pretty good baseline... nothing to "steer clear" from.

Back