What have you done to your P5 today?

should give us a review on those coilovers. i have a friend looking for a cheap set of coils in the near future

i can give you a review right now... theyre cheap coilovers lol dont expect much

ive been building S13s for the past 15 years, ive run a TON of different coilovers (from entry level up to $2800 JICs). dont expect any sort of REAL quality unless you drop AT LEAST $1400-$2000. i just prefer a much stiffer ride in my cars and i want to have the ability to lower my P5 to where it actually LOOKS good (instead of truck ride height).

Last edited:
also, i just ordered a 626 valve cover, 1.8l coilpacks and 1.8l plug wires today ;) oh and a new drivers side door lock actuator... next big step wil be replacing all of the OE control arms with brand new ones (mainly for the bushings) along with the outer tie rod ends aaaaaaand possibly some of doofy megan rear links. OH AND WHEELS DAMN IT! lol... might even do motor mount inserts soon too. would like to have this pain in the butt acceptable and fun to drive by the years end!!!

going to be ripping off the intake manifold next week and taking the stupid upper butterfly valves out! that intake also needs a damn good cleaning!

also, i just ordered a 626 valve cover, 1.8l coilpacks and 1.8l plug wires today ;) oh and a new drivers side door lock actuator... next big step wil be replacing all of the OE control arms with brand new ones (mainly for the bushings) along with the outer tie rod ends aaaaaaand possibly some of doofy megan rear links. OH AND WHEELS DAMN IT! lol... might even do motor mount inserts soon too. would like to have this pain in the butt acceptable and fun to drive by the years end!!!

going to be ripping off the intake manifold next week and taking the stupid upper butterfly valves out! that intake also needs a damn good cleaning!
I've been curious about those godspeeds. They're relatively new, I don't know what pushed them into production. Can't see there being much demand nowadays. But cool, I don't really like the megan links though. Nothing against them really, haven't had any issues in the years that I've had them, but they just don't feel very tough, and the threading is kinda loose.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ok so the godspeed coilovers are pretty decent for being cheap. not super harsh, much stiffer than stock... but not enough to rattle the fillings from your teeth or kill your kidneys.

got the coilovers on, OBX axleback installed aaaand got an alignment done! next up is the 1.8l coilpack conversion, install my new door lock actuator and my JDM taillights when they show up!

heres a pic from earlier today after everything was said and done :D

16997908_10211016127750848_8326968070378385406_n.jpg

Rear brakes started to get really loud and drag. Took a look and found out the pads were worn to the backing plate. The caliper was also seized. The hex screw gear thing was rusted in the caliper and wouldnt turn. So I picked up used caliper, rotor, and pads from guy parting out his protege5 and changed out all those parts last night.

I was looking at getting a Miata or a used Mirage, but I was offered a very good price on a P5.... my question is this: I see a lot of turbo manifolds for the 1.8 miata that also fit under protg. Do they fit the 2.0 block as well? If not anyone know of a cheap mani for it (not worried about possible crack, can weld)? The first thing I would be doing after determining engine health and repair is a low boost turboh. thanks.

I was looking at getting a Miata or a used Mirage, but I was offered a very good price on a P5.... my question is this: I see a lot of turbo manifolds for the 1.8 miata that also fit under protg. Do they fit the 2.0 block as well? If not anyone know of a cheap mani for it (not worried about possible crack, can weld)? The first thing I would be doing after determining engine health and repair is a low boost turboh. thanks.
Stock msp setups come up for sale fairly often. That's your best bet.

Slowly cleaning up the engine bay. Wire brushed a ton of bolts, repainted the strut tower braces and radiator brackets. Getting ready to install my new valve cover and 1.8l spark plug wires. Going to rewrap the engine harness when I separate out the coilpack wire plugs.

16864651_10211031838703612_7178671979141791080_n.jpg

Stock msp setups come up for sale fairly often. That's your best bet.

Not sure I want old hardware though; building a setup isn't an issue for me, but I can't fabricate a manifold. I would even explore an up-pipe turboh paired with a nice set of headers (and forgo a turboh manifold all together) if I determine there is enough room to get it back into the engine bay.

Not sure I want old hardware though; building a setup isn't an issue for me, but I can't fabricate a manifold. I would even explore an up-pipe turboh paired with a nice set of headers (and forgo a turboh manifold all together) if I determine there is enough room to get it back into the engine bay.

I would just get a callaway MSP mani, unless you want to spend $600 on a pope mani. The only other option is the ebay and it is complete garbage. Do you really want to be pulling it once a month to reweld it? Not worth it.

Back