Complete CX-5 Wheel Specs

Hi again guys,

I am thinking of buying some new rims for my CX5. Could you please take a look at these: http://www.ebay.de/itm/4-Alufelgen-...1075726554?pt=Auto_Felgen&hash=item43c5771cda

They expressly say the rims fit for CX5 but I am a bit worried about the differences in size (7,5 vs 7) and ET (these are 38 instead of 50). Any thoughts - should I go for them?

Many thanks,Emil

Rim width is no problem whatsoever. On the offset, this difference would be like putting 12mm spacers on your stock wheels. It takes 25mm to get your wheels out flusher (Many use spacers of this size) to the bodywork so you'll be just fine here too..

Chris, your car has been upgraded very very well (because of the TSW Mallory`s) Great pics of your car too !! When I have to say so, it isn`t any comment or anything, but you have to change your centercaps from white into black........I think the car is than in balance with the color................(wink)

Anyone stuff a 20x10 +40 on their rears yet? Any pics? Pleeeease :)

I don`t think there are any forummers with those set up, you`ll have to get flares for driving safely........

The one that becomes a little close is......@TampaMS3.............

alxty.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am a forum newbie. All forums. lol. So forgive me if I am not posting this in the right spot.

I have a 2013 cx-5 GT. The stock tires are shot at only 38,000k. Bummer. I find all the info on what tires are best, overwhelming! There are not a lot of options to stick to my stock size of 225/55/19. The reviews are mixed. What do you have on yours? What would you recommend?

I am willing to switch out to 17" . If I go that route, what would you suggest?

Last but not least, (remember, i am car challenged), what are my options for 17" rims? Do they have to be 114?

Thank you for your help and support! This domestic diva apppreciates it more than you know!

Hi all,

I am a forum newbie. All forums. lol. So forgive me if I am not posting this in the right spot.

I have a 2013 cx-5 GT. The stock tires are shot at only 38,000k. Bummer
I am willing to switch out to 17"

Last but not least, (remember, i am car challenged), what are my options for 17" rims? Do they have to be 114?

Thank you for your help and support! This domestic diva apppreciates it more than you know!

Hey, I don`t know what you mean ! 38,000k, option for 17 inch, do they have to be 114,3 ?

The last question is easy.................yes all the PCM measures are 114,3 and nothing else..........

You could go for 5112 with correction lug nuts, they work just fine.

@Mazdasweed ! You just do that on your CX-5 ? I`m not, never in my whole life.......the correction lugs should have been safe for all reasons, but I`m a non-believer and always go for the right PCM !

@Mazdasweed ! You just do that on your CX-5 ? I`m not, never in my whole life.......the correction lugs should have been safe for all reasons, but I`m a non-believer and always go for the right PCM !

No, I dindn't. I have the right fitment. I do have correction lug nuts for my Impreza WRX equipped Diesel (around 500NM), no issues at all. So if he wants to widen his choices, they could do just that.

//Mazdasweed

I think im ok but would really appreciate the advice of someone more expert in the field of wheel tire fitment.
2014 cx5 gt. looking to outfit with winter wheels/tires. Found these on CL and think its a good start.
Motegi MR107
17 x 7.5
Offset +45mm
Does anyone see any potential problems with this wheel choice?
scotwoollard
[/URL][/IMG]

Great thread. A lot of useful information. Good read.

Good thing I didnt get rid of my 17's when I upgraded to 19's.

I think im ok but would really appreciate the advice of someone more expert in the field of wheel tire fitment.
2014 cx5 gt. looking to outfit with winter wheels/tires. Found these on CL and think its a good start.
Motegi MR107
17 x 7.5
Offset +45mm
Does anyone see any potential problems with this wheel choice?

scotwoollard
[/URL][/IMG]

No problems at all, the stance is even better because of the ET 45 and the half inch ! (OEM = 50 and J = 7) The wheel will poke out a little bit, the "looks" will be better ! (as long you`ve got the right PCM (5 x 114,3)

Last edited:
Local discount tire has some TSW Nurburgring 18x8, offset is 35mm...is that gonna stick out past fender? They're new and price is $180 per.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local discount tire has some TSW Nurburgring 18x8, offset is 35mm...is that gonna stick out past fender? They're new and price is $180 per.

That's almost 2/3" out from the stock in offset + 1/2" (1"2) in rim width = ~1.1" total out. It will depend on your tire size.

Go with a 235 and it should be okay.

Picked them up....was too good of a deal to pass on. Rep recommended 225/60/18. As long as it's flush or near I'll be happy. Thanks

Does anyone know the torque settings for the wheels? I will be putting wheel spacers on in a week or two and would like to use these settings for installing them

Back