Jess's 91 BRG LS6 Build Thread

I don't know, the white PVC was present also and only the black melted when the light was on for an hour. The black plastic is much more porous--they must be made out of different materials.

If the black plastic was ABS (very common material for black plastic piping) then it actually has a higher melting point that PVC. A stress-test is in order methinks.

If the black plastic was ABS (very common material for black plastic piping) then it actually has a higher melting point that PVC. A stress-test is in order methinks.
Well I left the HID on for an hour. I highly doubt I'll ever have them on while the car isn't in motion for an hour. I expect some of the air hitting them to cool them at least a little bit. In addition to the aluminum piece, the projector itself is resting on a small-coil metal spring at the bottom to help distribute heat. It's hard to explain but on the bottom of the projector, the flange is rectangular and where the 4 edges contacted the round black plastic piece is the only place it melted. I hope the spring will act as a heatsink and distribute the heat around more.

Still waiting on exhaust............

In the meanwhile this has happened:

-Rad ducting started
-Spring tabs attached to headlights, bumper trimmed a little around foglight holes and airdam
-Realized that the extra carbon from the middle of the splitter can become frame rail skidplates.

My plan is to cut out the lower lip part of the bumper, I'm afraid it will break off and take a piece of the bumper with it on the first hit it sees. This was great until I realized I'd be defeating the purpose of the splitter, since air would hit it and be forced under the car. So I think what I will do is attach ABS plastic (vertical) in that area in between the splitter and bumper and cut a few holes in it and use them as brake ducts and possibly oil pan duct.

Picking up exhaust Monday... In the meanwhile:

Fender brackets and mini latch brackets made.

A9C5D215-7FC1-4F17-91FB-900D7DF1B73B-1768-000000AA098461D5.jpg

DA04FDB6-D1A4-48C0-9A2A-C5DC3899F763-1768-000000A9D8B21F5D.jpg

A7F0E54E-B43D-4BCD-A2E2-1F5DBCD57A3B-1768-000000A92AD860BB.jpg

0BD29AE2-8893-4B86-A89E-E108B7C3E01D-1768-000000A7E5DB2CE0.jpg

92C71841-1BC7-421F-919E-CD34FDD638A8-1768-000000A80B133C0B.jpg

Woah! What's that shafty thingy going down the middle? Us FWD people aren't familiar with that type of witchcraft.

bahaha the driveshaft! I was paranoid and I had to clearcoat the raw aluminum it was made out of. Same with the oil pan.... lol.

-_-

I'm going to see how my clutch setup and bleeding faired when I get home.

Aka try and move it under its own power out of the driveway and not get impounded while still on my street since the cops have been following me around lately lol.

-_-

I'm going to see how my clutch setup and bleeding faired when I get home.

Aka try and move it under its own power out of the driveway and not get impounded while still on my street since the cops have been following me around lately lol.

Did you pressure or vacuum Bleed it?

Well then. Guess I need to bleed the clutch again. First wants to engage before it's actually in first, with the clutch pressed in >:O

This is all you get for now, I'm going to try and find a Motive bleeder locally.

Oh and I cracked my bumper coming off the lift at 1 mph. I'm going to have to dremel the lip part off.

Ducting on the bottom is complete, still debating putting some up top. The air intake is definitely in the way.

Yeah, screw bleeding slaves. Thank god every car I work on uses a ATE master, one pressure bleeder to rule them all!

Back