2017~2024 The truth about Mazdas according to Scotty

CarIsCool

:
2019 Mazda CX-5 GT w/PP
I have a brand new 2019 CX5 GT so its been only a few days since I got it and never had a Mazda before. Transmission is smooth and I really like how It drives.

Surfing on YouTube, found Scotty Kilmer who seem to have a lot of experience as a mechanic saying among other negatives, Mazdas have transmission problems and also parts can be 4-5 times more expensive than other cars among other bad opinions about the brand.

Also researched before getting my CX5, and found quality has improved substantially in the last 4 years with 100s of small improvements that are not always noticeable since most of them are mechanical and not only cosmetic.
Can anyone with experience with the brand can confirm or deny what he is saying?

https://youtu.be/FTxZWYouCMc

Remember, in 1955 Scotty refused to marry the most beautiful woman in the US as she wouldn't change her name to Toyotalina. So for him, if a donkey has a Toyota badge he'll say it runs faster than a horse.
Toyota and Mazda's joint plant will make Corolla and Mazda CUV. Corolla has reliability as its only selling point. Now add 2 & 2

I have a brand new 2019 CX5 GT so it*s been only a few days since I got it and never had a Mazda before. Transmission is smooth and I really like how It drives.

Surfing on YouTube, found Scotty Kilmer who seem to have a lot of experience as a mechanic saying among other negatives, Mazdas have transmission problems and also parts can be 4-5 times more expensive than other cars among other bad opinions about the brand.

Also researched before getting my CX5, and found quality has improved substantially in the last 4 years with 100*s of small improvements that are not always noticeable since most of them are mechanical and not only cosmetic.
Can anyone with experience with the brand can confirm or deny what he is saying?

https://youtu.be/FTxZWYouCMc

Guy is a joke and completely misleading about modern Skyactiv era Mazda.

He has a CX-5 video where he claimed a client of his "bought a used one with a turbo for $2k" and it was terrible.

Completely disingenuous as there were no Skyactiv turbo CX-5s at the time of the video, and the 2.5T on the CX-9 and 6 is still too new to be "2k" used. He s**** all over Skyactiv by using examples of Ford era Mazdas. I don't take him seriously. He was likely talking about a CX-7 or something similar his client bought, and he tried to make it sound like it was a Skyactiv. Apples to oranges.

Independent of that, his how-to videos are also lacking in safety considerations, and he seems to be winging it at times with some of the parts he uses. I've found ChrisFix to be a much better channel to watch when I wanted to find how-to videos.

Last edited:
I have a brand new 2019 CX5 GT so it*s been only a few days since I got it and never had a Mazda before. Transmission is smooth and I really like how It drives.

Also researched before getting my CX5, and found quality has improved substantially in the last 4 years with 100*s of small improvements that are not always noticeable since most of them are mechanical and not only cosmetic.

Yea, the quality must have been for s*** back in 2013-15. That's why my Sept. 2012 build date FWD Touring has never darkened the door of a repair facility since new. BTW, I've seen this nitwit Scotty pontificate on the web before. Believe what you want and spend the next ? years worrying about when the trans will drop out of your Mazda.

Plus, Scotty's shrieking is hard on the ears.

He has a youtube channel, this has to be 100% correct no? Scotty would not make stuff up.

0b4.jpg

Guys a clown. He must get a kickback from Toyota.

My CX-5 will be 4 yrs old in April. Zero problems. Runs like I just drove it off the lot.

Guys a clown. He must get a kickback from Toyota.

My CX-5 will be 4 yrs old in April. Zero problems. Runs like I just drove it off the lot.

Toyota shill shrieking "It's crap unless it's a 1990's era Toyota!!!!!"

My CX-5 turns 6 years old this year.

Remember, in 1955 Scotty refused to marry the most beautiful woman in the US as she wouldn't change her name to Toyotalina. So for him, if a donkey has a Toyota badge he'll say it runs faster than a horse.

Hahaha!! Nice comment, That was funny (cheers)

The CX5 diesel is a turbo.

But I haven*t watched the video... so probably not related, but still true

Yeah, but he's in the US, so he wouldn't have been talking about a diesel. Anyway the whole video was very misleading and disengenuous towards modern era Skyactiv Mazdas.

Yeah, but he's in the US, so he wouldn't have been talking about a diesel. Anyway the whole video was very misleading and disengenuous towards modern era Skyactiv Mazdas.

Oh dont get me wrong. If you guys say hes a wanker Ill trust your opinion and save 5 minutes (+/-) of my life.

I have owned 5 Mazdas. My first I bought in 1989. I have not experienced any of the issues he is talking about. Says he has to pay $500 or a part that only costs $100 for a TOYOTA or HONDA. But then fails to give any specific, because he knows we can check it out and find out its false.

I want to know what part costs $500 on a Mazda and only $100 on a toyota. And what kickbacks is he getting from Toyota.

Scotty Kilmer is 100% entertainment, 0% fact. He literally makes things up based on what he may have heard. I think the only knowledge he has of Mazda is a 1980 rear drive rotary.

Oh don*t get me wrong. If you guys say he*s a wanker I*ll trust your opinion and save 5 minutes (+/-) of my life.

You can watch his videos for entertainment. Don't base purchases on his opinions though. He mostly does videos to get a lot of viewers and comments for ad $$$ and free things various companies send him.

You can watch his videos for entertainment. Don't base purchases on his opinions though. He mostly does videos to get a lot of viewers and comments for ad $$$ and free things various companies send him.

Naw. He's too hard on the ears. Nothing entertaining about his misleading information.

Back