What new Mazda is coming?

If a 6 wagon was sold in USA. My CX-5 would be traded in. The leg room and width in rear + classy sleek look would seal the deal. Not to mention not being out of breath at 75 mph would be a plus.

I was about to say...That RX-8 wish it was one, faster, way better looking, and a way better warranty, a warranty that Kia actually stands behind (look what they did for their paint issue customers). The Rx-8 being discontinued was good riddance...

a bigger CX-3 is just a CX-5 to me...

I know to many people who have bought vehicles under the Hyundai and Kia umbrella who have went through hell to get them to honor their warranty...it was like pulling teeth to get anything out of them...their warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on.

The stinger is absolutely legit.

It should be with poached Engineers from Audi and BMW overseeing the project...the Koreans didn't engineer anything on the Stinger, they threw enough money the way of some lead engineers at Audi and BMW in order to get them on board...this is a German designed and engineered car with a Korean badge.

The stinger is absolutely legit.[/QUOTE

The first honest thought I had when I pulled out that copy from the mailbox, "What a load of crap." Just my honest first thought when I saw it.
I was so hoping that the new 3 would look decent and also have a return of the Speed 3 that could hang with the GTI or similar. Disappointed on both aspects.

I understand and appreciate Mazda is going in a different direction, but the Zoom Zoom is joke in today's market. Seems like Mazda would be embarrassed to still use that phrase. Almost all the major brands have at least one trim or model that is in the performance game. I watched a preview of Toyota's premier of the Supra GR last night. While it is not appealing to me I am happy to see they are still interested in bringing real Zoom Zoom in the market.

The Supra was a joint venture with BMW. Toyota threw enough money BMWs way to make it worth their while, the Supra is a rebadged BMW with a Toyota design team body. Why do people keep acting like Mazda has the resources of Toyota or Hyundai/Kia to pay the Germans to engineer sports cars for them because their engineers don't have the racing chops to do it in house...Mazda is a small company, everything they do is basically in house.

I know to many people who have bought vehicles under the Hyundai and Kia umbrella who have went through hell to get them to honor their warranty...it was like pulling teeth to get anything out of them...their warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on.

If it ain*t a Mazda, he*s butthurt...

If the CX-3 supported CarPlay and had a few more upscale features available such as lumbar support, ventilated seats, etc., and a bit more powerful engine, I would have bought it instead of the CX-5. I like the CX-5 a lot but its a bit larger than Id like. Parking kinda sucks in all the small spaces we have at work and around town.

I like the idea of a 6 wagon too, I would likely trade in my CX-5 for that.

Last edited:
If it ain*t a Mazda, he*s butthurt...

I actually could careless what others choose to drive, I am just stating the experiences of too many people I know who have or still have Hyundai/Kia...so it is kind of a joke when someone starts talking about Hyundai/Kia warranties with all their loopholes and dealerships who try to pass the buck...don't take my word for it, there is a member in the Mazda 6 section who was just telling a similar story about their crappy warranty support and lack of dealership help on a Hyundai Genesis he previously owned...if you head over to the 6 section you will easily find it because it was a recent post.

The Supra was a joint venture with BMW. Toyota threw enough money BMWs way to make it worth their while, the Supra is a rebadged BMW with a Toyota design team body. Why do people keep acting like Mazda has the resources of Toyota or Hyundai/Kia to pay the Germans to engineer sports cars for them because their engineers don't have the racing chops to do it in house...Mazda is a small company, everything they do is basically in house.

It is just an honest first thought when I see Zoom Zoom these days. As they say on forums, YMMV. Or in other words, some still feel the aura of Zoom Zoom from Mazda and some, like me, don't.

There was something about the sense of aura just having the Speed3 badge on a car even if it did not have the same performance ability as a WRX or GTI in that era. My thought of the Supra (I could have named another car like Veloster N) was that there are manufacturers that still have a trim or model or two that they put a little extra sauce into the mix. Even though I really do not like the body shape of the new Mazda 3 it seems like it could be a better edition compared to the old Speed3 with just a few tweaks that make it seem performance oriented. A turbo AWD in the 3. Mazda could slap on some Brembo brakes like a lot of other manufacturers seem to do and maybe a few suspension tweaks for cheap and they would be a little closer to something like the Veloster N or base GTI. Maybe even some slight body tweaks that give it a sporty look (not crazy like the Honda Type R).

Mazda doesn't have to compete with cars outside of its class to get attention. If they wanted they could do some little tweaks and slap a Speed badge on it (which most of us would then remove). :)
The base GTI can be had for ~$22K and with a couple of mods like the ECU/DSG tune it has potential to hang with a number of cars 3 or 4 times its cost.

https://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/mazda-0-60-mph-times/
Speed3 and Speed6 back in the day :)

Last edited:
Since you went there - "Couldn't care less" :D

I actually put 20 spaces between each word, phone corrects a lot of s*** on here, and won*t allow parentheses. Anyways, still couldn*t careless. Oops, it did it again, who ******* cares...

Also, the main point wasn*t to call that out, but to point out I don*t care what a Mazda 6 forums says because Kia did in fact handle the stinger warranty perfectly as I stated. To take it further, the offered repaint, a loaner, and $5k to the owner for the troubles, or a full trade in replacement in another color. Mazda on the other hand, put owners through BS for 2-3 months, reprints their cars, which still turned out bad for most, and won*t offer a replacement or high trade in value. Pretty bad, and no way to obtain lifetime customers. It didn*t happen to me personally, and I still feel sorry for those folks, and has me second guessing Mazda, unfortunately...

Also, the main point wasn*t to call that out, but to point out I don*t care what a Mazda 6 forums says because Kia did in fact handle the stinger warranty perfectly as I stated. To take it further, the offered repaint, a loaner, and $5k to the owner for the troubles, or a full trade in replacement in another color. Mazda on the other hand, put owners through BS for 2-3 months, reprints their cars, which still turned out bad for most, and won*t offer a replacement or high trade in value. Pretty bad, and no way to obtain lifetime customers. It didn*t happen to me personally, and I still feel sorry for those folks, and has me second guessing Mazda, unfortunately...

Ok, and I don't care about other's you referenced, their experience is no more valid than the crappy way Hyundai/Kia group treated one of the members on here that owned a Genesis...in his case they didn't honor their warranty and he had a crappy experience with them...but I know too many people who have had similar experiences with Hyundai/Kia group...no doubt all Car Manufacturers drop the ball, but I don't see a ton of Mazda owners on here or anywhere else complaining about their warranty support like Hyundai and Kia customers do.

Getting back to "What new Mazda is coming" ............my wife wants to update her Corolla to a small CUV/SUV. She had looked at the CX-3 but thought it seemed too small. On the other hand she thought the Subaru Crosstrek was just big enough. Maybe the CX-4 would be just the ticket, but I have read that Mazda probably won't bring it to Canada/US any time soon as it is so close to the CX-5 in size that it would take away from the CX-5's huge success here. I vaguely remember hearing that the CX-3 was being built on the old Mazda 2 chassis. Don't know why Mazda didn't just do to the Mazda 3 what Subaru did with the Imprezza to get to a Crosstrek. Just raise it up a couple of inches and put black wheel-well skirts on it. Now that would have been a better move!!

There are speculations that it might be a new CX-3 built on the Mazda 3 platform...
I do like the size of the current cx-3 it's small, compact and very easy to drive, but it would be nice if it was a tad bigger and had trunk space that equaled the Mazda3 hatch.
I think this would be the ticket!

I dont think they should make the small one bigger for people who think its too small. They already make a bigger one. Its called CX-5. Just buy that instead if the CX-3 is too small so that there is actually still something small and efficient for those who want that. With as many different sizes of SUV on the market now (CX-3 HRV ect all the way to Suburban) you should be able to find something that will work.

Back