What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Took a drive through Trail Ridge Road (Rocky Mountain National Park).

Nothing like being on top of the world. :)

2083dbb812a221bc6069ba71d3238491.jpg

968a14d0e17af5d416fc8b5382ef0b0a.jpg

176ce0a93794e30bd03b7c90b298ebee.jpg

613631cf0a559c1fc7e462c37e469546.jpg

b3b5749804050fd8546fa907614b1627.jpg

bdd2d9cf99dae7f9ffa9ccc47c1ec579.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How'd it do up there with no air? Nerve wracking drive on the way up and you're in the outside lane. My first time up there I learned the true definition of Tundra. I always thought it meant someplace that always had snow on the ground. Nope. A better definition is someplace so high that there are no trees...because they can't breath and the dirt is frozen.

Last edited:
Clear bra installed. Suntek's newest stuff. I have paint protection on all of my cars and must say, this latest film is the best looking. The entire front was done along with the front section of the roof. Pictures don't show much, but here she is. Derek at Atlanta Protective Films (www.atlantaprotectivefilms.com) did it. I would not ever go anywhere else.

mH7BsMp.jpg

How'd it do up there with no air? Nerve wracking drive on the way up and you're in the outside lane. My first time up there I learned the true definition of Tundra. I always thought it meant someplace that always had snow on the ground. Nope. A better definition is someplace so high that there are no trees...because they can't breath and the dirt is frozen.

My CX-5 loves the mountain drives :)

I went both ways yesterday. Came in through Estes Park then turned around once I got to Grand Lake and went back through.

Wasn't too nerve wracking aside from a couple of spots, especially when some jackasses on the other side are crossing the double-yellow line...

As for tundra, it really is. The conditions are so variable up there, trees just can't handle it. There was still plenty of snow in certain areas (not on the road), and temps were probably around 50's. It was a nice day. As for the dirt, yes, there's permafrost up there. About all that grows are wildflowers.

Turned my in for 2nd Service at 12 K miles.
Mazda Moly requested.
Loaner a 16 CX5 Sport (practically new) - guess the left over 16s will be used as loaners and sold later.
TSB for Chrome vents.
Tire Rotation as standard.

IT all came to about 90 bucks - pricey I think, but they gave me a loaner - not sure if they charge for it or not.

Took my Mazdaspeed3 for 70k miles service, while my wife picked me up in the CX-5. She sat on the back seat with the baby and let me drive. I started the engine and the infotainment screen would not turn on. So I turn the car off and started it again, still blank infotainment screen. Did it again and still blank. I ended up driving the car with the screen blank and had to experience first hand what it's like to back up the CX-5 with a backup camera. After I got home, I let it sit for like 20 minutes while I researched for some solutions online. Got back in the car and started the engine and the screen turned on. It's good that it did turn on, but this isn't really what I want to be going through a week before a road trip.

Turned my in for 2nd Service at 12 K miles.
Mazda Moly requested.
Loaner a 16 CX5 Sport (practically new) - guess the left over 16s will be used as loaners and sold later.
TSB for Chrome vents.
Tire Rotation as standard.

IT all came to about 90 bucks - pricey I think, but they gave me a loaner - not sure if they charge for it or not.
Can you take a pic of the new vents? Do they replace the middle ones, too?

Can you take a pic of the new vents? Do they replace the middle ones, too?

Parts not available - they can order in. 2-3 days. Problem is this place is 25 miles out of the way. No way I am doing it till my next service. The TSB is for two side vents. Not the center ones. Atleast in the details it does not have center.
I would think they wont stock this part - its not frequently needed.

Clear bra installed. Suntek's newest stuff. I have paint protection on all of my cars and must say, this latest film is the best looking. The entire front was done along with the front section of the roof. Pictures don't show much, but here she is. Derek at Atlanta Protective Films (www.atlantaprotectivefilms.com) did it. I would not ever go anywhere else.

mH7BsMp.jpg
Is it like a thick clear film? Can it be done at home? I mean I buy the product and install it at my place?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Is it like a thick clear film? Can it be done at home? I mean I buy the product and install it at my place?

Check out xpel.com as I think they have an "all about paint protection film" summary. The film is thin. the way that it was wrapped, you cant really tell that the car has anything on it at all. The film has gotten better and better over time. The dealer did me a "favor" and had my Infiniti Q70 wrapped when I bought it. They used some cheap, super thick film and did a cruddy install job. The installer makes all the difference in the world. I can tint windows but i do not ever want to try putting this film on...looks like a total pain.

Check out xpel.com as I think they have an "all about paint protection film" summary. The film is thin. the way that it was wrapped, you cant really tell that the car has anything on it at all. The film has gotten better and better over time. The dealer did me a "favor" and had my Infiniti Q70 wrapped when I bought it. They used some cheap, super thick film and did a cruddy install job. The installer makes all the difference in the world. I can tint windows but i do not ever want to try putting this film on...looks like a total pain.
Thanks! I guess I'll have to call it off as I'm from PI which makes it impossible for me.

And I don't even have tint installation skills.

[emoji16]

Pardon the messy garage. Installed Anker Roav Dashcam last night. For anyone interested, it is still on sale for $67 on Amazon. I believe sale ends on July 3. The rain/safety sensor housing on the top of the windshield made finding a good mounting position hard. I was going to mount it on the left side of the housing, but that was problematic because if I mount high, the housing obstructs the view. If I mount lower but closer to the housing to avoid obstructing the driving view, I cannot get it off the mount because it slides horizontally. If I mount it below the housing, to the left of the toll tag, it is directly in line with the housing ventilation. Mounting it below the housing, to the right of the tolltag is the best compromise I found. There are housing vents in that location, but they vent into the interior and away from the dashcam. It is not as centered as I would like, but it should work.

Also, the power outlet on my 2016 CX-5 was always on, which meant that the dash cam would never turn off once it is on LOL. I am too lazy to plug and unplug the power cord. Thankfully I have a power outlet adapter with a voltage meter and switch on it. So my workaround is to manually switch the adapter on or off, which is easier than unplugging the dash cam power cord.

Got a notice from insurance they would not renew my policy. Maybe my 3rd claim which was someone damaging my car in parking lot and driving away tipped it.

Got a notice from insurance they would not renew my policy. Maybe my 3rd claim which was someone damaging my car in parking lot and driving away tipped it.
Ouch. That sucks.

Pardon the messy garage. Installed Anker Roav Dashcam last night. For anyone interested, it is still on sale for $67 on Amazon. I believe sale ends on July 3. The rain/safety sensor housing on the top of the windshield made finding a good mounting position hard. I was going to mount it on the left side of the housing, but that was problematic because if I mount high, the housing obstructs the view. If I mount lower but closer to the housing to avoid obstructing the driving view, I cannot get it off the mount because it slides horizontally. If I mount it below the housing, to the left of the toll tag, it is directly in line with the housing ventilation. Mounting it below the housing, to the right of the tolltag is the best compromise I found. There are housing vents in that location, but they vent into the interior and away from the dashcam. It is not as centered as I would like, but it should work.

Also, the power outlet on my 2016 CX-5 was always on, which meant that the dash cam would never turn off once it is on LOL. I am too lazy to plug and unplug the power cord. Thankfully I have a power outlet adapter with a voltage meter and switch on it. So my workaround is to manually switch the adapter on or off, which is easier than unplugging the dash cam power cord.

For a moment, when I looked at the top pic, I thought that the spiral that the Cookie Monster was hanging from was a crack in your windshield.

For a moment, when I looked at the top pic, I thought that the spiral that the Cookie Monster was hanging from was a crack in your windshield.
Ah hehe. Put those up for my son's birthday party a month ago and didn't bother to take them down since he likes looking at them.

-------------------------
Last night, I replaced the windshield wiper blades on the CX-5 with cheap ones from Costco. I've used these already on my Speed3 and they are pretty average, but also pretty cheap. If you replace your wiper blades every year, then they should be fine. I wouldn't use them for longer than a year.

Back