New android 7 problems on Infotainment

Victor13

:
Mazda CX5 2016 Automatic
My phone, a Samsung S7 got an OS upgrade.
And then the SMS function stopped working. (Never checked the address book).
Checked with the local Mazda dealer, and I am on the latest software version for the Infotainment.
I ended up going back to my cell phone company and had them reload the phone to the previous version to get the functionality back. But the phone still wants to upgrade that I'm postponing.
Seems that the entertainment centre is not fully compatible with Android 7.
Hope Mazda can fix this soon, or release Android Auto.

I've found with with my S7 on 7 that normal SMS work, but if you get messages using enhanced messaging (green text bubbles) the infotainment system doesn't pick them up

I've found with with my S7 on 7 that normal SMS work, but if you get messages using enhanced messaging (green text bubbles) the infotainment system doesn't pick them up

Not to mention MMS.

From what I have read elsewhere, Android 7 on S7/S7 Edge seems to run fine with MZD.

Check the OS version of your S7
It works fine if your on Android 6 but when the phone update to Android 7 the problems start.

eg.(not my device)
downloadprompt.png

Maybe its just your device because if other S7/S7 edge owners on 7.0 were having the same issue, we would hear more about it.

Have you made sure all the settings in MZD are selected correctly as per below link?

TEXT MESSAGING AND EMAILS

Last edited:
I've got an S7 Edge w/ Android 7.0 and the latest infotainment version, and mine _appears_ to be working fine. I just got the car, so I'm not sure if I've "lost" functionality, but Infotainment tells me I got a new text and allows me to hear it while driving, then displays it on the screen once I've stopped, provided my phone is connected via Bluetooth.

Is that what you're expecting and not getting with 7.0 installed? Does any other bluetooth functionality on your phone function as expected?

Not to mention MMS.

From what I have read elsewhere, Android 7 on S7/S7 Edge seems to run fine with MZD.

I wouldn't expect MMS to work anyway, apart from maybe something saying an attachment is there or something. Aside from the enhanced messaging, everything works fine for me. I'm just putting that down to it being a proprietary Samsung thing, and not a normal Android messaging service.

I retried the upgrade on my Samsung phone.
Seems there was a patch that was released since the last time I tried. Should have said this was a month ago this issue happened.
The phone upgraded to Android 7.0 and then another update loaded, that wasn't there last time.
Seems like everything is working now.

I retried the upgrade on my Samsung phone.
Seems there was a patch that was released since the last time I tried. Should have said this was a month ago this issue happened.
The phone upgraded to Android 7.0 and then another update loaded, that wasn't there last time.
Seems like everything is working now.

That is good to hear :D

If an upgrade to your phone breaks something, it's your phone.

Not to turn this into an Android debate, but that sounds like typical Samsung. They make the best hardware but they manage year after year to suck at software. It's for that reason why I only give my money to OnePlus and HTC; Neither of those phones have given my fiance and I and issues in our Mazda's or in any other real world setting.

Can't wait to get my Solar Red HTC U11. It'll match my car. :p

Also note that it's not an Android issue, or a Mazda issue. It's only a Samsung issue.

Last edited:
Not to turn this into an Android debate, but that sounds like typical Samsung. They make the best hardware but they manage year after year to suck at software. It's for that reason why I only give my money to OnePlus and HTC; Neither of those phones have given my fiance and I and issues in our Mazda's or in any other real world setting.

Can't wait to get my Solar Red HTC U11. It'll match my car. :p

Also note that it's not an Android issue, or a Mazda issue. It's only a Samsung issue.

My Samsung 7 Edge with the latest update is working fine with my 1-week old Mazda CX5 GT.

I think yes it is a Samsung issue but seems to be some phones and not others.

Maybe its just your device because if other S7/S7 edge owners on 7.0 were having the same issue, we would hear more about it.

Have you made sure all the settings in MZD are selected correctly as per below link?

TEXT MESSAGING AND EMAILS

I went to this link to see if I could do this so texts would be read out loud in my CX5. I could not find any display that let me choose Communication from the Home Screen. I tried the Set Up button, but could not find anything with the word communication or texts or SMS/Email. Anyone know how to get to that screen?

I went to this link to see if I could do this so texts would be read out loud in my CX5. I could not find any display that let me choose Communication from the Home Screen. I tried the Set Up button, but could not find anything with the word communication or texts or SMS/Email. Anyone know how to get to that screen?

They're read aloud when the car is moving automatically (you don't have to set anything up) . The message will appear on the screen when the car comes to a stop.

They're read aloud when the car is moving automatically (you don't have to set anything up) . The message will appear on the screen when the car comes to a stop.
Only thing you need to do is select yes to read the message

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mine does not notify me if I got a text. If I get an email, it will ask if I want to download it. If I choose download email, I can see the subject, but even if I press the speaker symbol at the end of the title, it does nothing. Mine is a 2014. I wonder if the system in the 2015's and later work differently. My wife has the same model phone, S7, and it works in her 2014 Mazda 3 which has the same system as the 2015 and later CX5's.

Mine does not notify me if I got a text. If I get an email, it will ask if I want to download it. If I choose download email, I can see the subject, but even if I press the speaker symbol at the end of the title, it does nothing. Mine is a 2014. I wonder if the system in the 2015's and later work differently. My wife has the same model phone, S7, and it works in her 2014 Mazda 3 which has the same system as the 2015 and later CX5's.

2015 CX-5 has the older system. MZConnect was introduced in MY 2016.

Back