What did you pay for your CX-5?

They're include in the final MSRP from Mazda, straight from their website...

Total MSRP includes $1,045 destination charge (Alaska $1,090) and additional costs for selected packages, options or accessories. Excludes tax, title and license fees. Vehicle shown may not display selected options. Actual dealer price will vary.

Thanks

Just purchased (1st Mazda) 2019 CX-5 GT + PP in Snow Pearl in NJ.

Sale Price - $31,500
MSRP - $34,315 (including destination)
Discount - ~8%

Picked 0.9% over the $1,000 cash.
Not eligible for any other CB as no Mazda or Military.

Received Several Quotes around $31,700 + TTL after the $1,000 customer cash and no 0.9%. Not many dealers wanted to go lower than "invoice" (I did not bring up the invoice).

Hope this helps others.

Congrats on the new ride! Any penalty with the early lease turn-in or did they buy the lease out? I was debating on doing something similar but ended up keeping my lease (only had 2 more payments). When I called Chase they said I'd be penalized for turning it in more than 30 days before lease maturity.

Nice price OTD price considering the lease in the mix! What color did you go with?

I think Mazda is running $1,000 credit towards early upgrade/termination of a lease.

I wonder what people been getting for quote/sales price for a Signature, Red (38,530 sticker) in the Boston/Mass area? After about 25 minutes of negotiating, he came down to 35,750 for 0.9% from Quirk. I am more than certain I can get a deal in the high 34k (roughly 34,800) or 35,100 at worst. Any input, quotes, or price paid around the area and which dealership would be appreciated. I am looking to buy the car within the next two weeks but would like to see what's the best deal I can get.

Last edited:
I wonder what people been getting for quote/sales price for a Signature, Red (38,530 sticker) in the Boston/Mass area? After about 25 minutes of negotiating, he came down to 35,750 for 0.9% from Quirk. I am more than certain I can get a deal in the high 34k (roughly 34,800) or 35,100 at worst. Any input, quotes, or price paid around the area and which dealership would be appreciated. I am looking to buy the car within the next two weeks but would like to see what's the best deal I can get.

is this with their $300 doc fee? If so I paid a bit less % off MSRP(8.6%) on a GTR I bought from them on 6/30. I emailed 15 dealers and Quirk had the best price. I think they know no one will go lower so they won't budge off 8.6%.

Last edited:
is this with their $300 doc fee? If so I paid a bit less % off MSRP(8.6%) on a GTR I bought from them on 6/30. I emailed 15 dealers and Quirk had the best price. I think they know no one will go lower so they won't budge off 8.6%.

I'm not sure what the doc fee was, I just look at the sale's price before the rebates. They are saying that I get $500 less of a deal if I use their .9% finance. I don't understand the reason for that, since they make $$ by financing through them. I was hoping for 10% off, and 9% at worst.

I'm not sure what the doc fee was, I just look at the sale's price before the rebates. They are saying that I get $500 less of a deal if I use their .9% finance. I don't understand the reason for that, since they make $$ by financing through them. I was hoping for 10% off, and 9% at worst.

I believe this goes against Mazda corporate promotions published on the website, but maybe I didnt something above?

Recently bought an 2019 signature for nearly 12% off msrp. This include $500 trade bonus, $500 .09 finance bonus and $750 loyalty.

I believe this goes against Mazda corporate promotions published on the website, but maybe I didn*t something above?

Recently bought an 2019 signature for nearly 12% off msrp. This include $500 trade bonus, $500 .09 finance bonus and $750 loyalty.

what was the sticker, and what was the sale's price before the rebates and bonuses?

I believe this goes against Mazda corporate promotions published on the website, but maybe I didn*t something above?

I don't believe you get the .9% financing AND the $500 customer cash back, it's one or the other. I had to choose one or the other and took the .9%. Also, to make it apples to apples, what was the % off MSRP without any rebates? Not everyone gets all or any of the rebates.

I got 8.6% off without any rebates and no dealer in RI, MA or CT could beat. I negotiated pretty tough, Quirk would not go lower and I waited them out a few days as well.

MSRP $36,215, paid $33,099 plus $300 doc fee.

I got 8.6% off without any rebates and no dealer in RI, MA or CT could beat. I negotiated pretty tough, Quirk would not go lower and I waited them out a few days as well.

MSRP $36,215, paid $33,099 plus $300 doc fee.

I wonder why the Boston area don't get as great an offer compared to other parts of the US. Seems like elsewhere, they are getting about 10-12% off.

Good or not, thought I would share the details of my 2019 Touring AWD (White) + Preferred Pkg purchase, even at the risk of exposing what may not have been one of the best deals out there. Actually I think price wasn't that bad when you consider the trade-in value, but not necessarily a model financial move shall we say.

What I mean by that is I didn't go into negotiations with a whole lot of financial leverage: namely little cash down, and I was rolling in negative equity by trading in a 2018 Mazda 3 Hatch GT + Premium Manual in Machine Gray with ~4800mi. I certainly paid for this move, but I just wasn't digging the 3 and having owned a CX5 in the past, was bent on getting into another.

Anyway:

Norther Virginia.

Cash price $29,656
Gap $695
Processing $749 (yeah....good luck finding a N.VA aka DC suburb dealer that's not in this ballpark)
Total $31,000

Titling Tax $1189.18
Online Reg: $17
Tags $114.50
Tax on Warranty $48

Total Cash Price $32,420.70

Rebate $1750 ($1000 Mazda cash + loyalty)

Tradein Allowance $20,252
Tradein Due $26,493.74
Net Trade -$6691.74

Down Payment $1000

Total Credits -$3941.74
Extended service contract $1600 (7 year, 70k bumper-bumper. I'm a proponent of extended warranties)

Balance Due $38,010.44

---------------------------------------------------------------

Technically (correct me if I'm wrong) this puts the OTD price (not including gap, ext warranty, tradein) around $29,975. However I got nearly $1200 over other trade in offers so I believe my OTD is closer to $28,775. I'm sure there's plenty of baked in profit with the gap and warranty, but these were after price negotiation.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. I was able to get 84mo at 4.5% with a local lender. 72month rates were north of 7%. Credit 725.

Last edited:
Good or not, thought I would share the details of my 2019 Touring AWD (White) + Preferred Pkg purchase, even at the risk of exposing what may not have been one of the best deals out there. Actually I think price wasn't that bad when you consider the trade-in value, but not necessarily a model financial move shall we say.

What I mean by that is I didn't go into negotiations with a whole lot of financial leverage: namely little cash down, and I was rolling in negative equity by trading in a 2018 Mazda 3 Hatch GT + Premium Manual in Machine Gray with ~4800mi. I certainly paid for this move, but I just wasn't digging the 3 and having owned a CX5 in the past, was bent on getting into another.

Anyway:

Norther Virginia.

Cash price $29,656
Gap $695
Processing $749 (yeah....good luck finding a N.VA aka DC suburb dealer that's not in this ballpark)
Total $31,000

Titling Tax $1189.18
Online Reg: $17
Tags $114.50
Tax on Warranty $48

Total Cash Price $32,420.70

Rebate $1750 ($1000 Mazda cash + loyalty)

Tradein Allowance $20,252
Tradein Due $26,493.74
Net Trade -$6691.74

Down Payment $1000

Total Credits -$3941.74
Extended service contract $1600 (7 year, 70k bumper-bumper. I'm a proponent of extended warranties)

Balance Due $38,010.44

---------------------------------------------------------------

Technically (correct me if I'm wrong) this puts the OTD price (not including gap, ext warranty, tradein) around $29,975. However I got nearly $1200 over other trade in offers so I believe my OTD is closer to $28,775. I'm sure there's plenty of baked in profit with the gap and warranty, but these were after price negotiation.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. I was able to get 84mo at 4.5% with a local lender. 72month rates were north of 7%. Credit 725.
why not take the Mazda .9% financing? 7 year loan..ouch..that's $6k in interest on $35k.

Yea...

To add, dont let them fool your make yourself think theres no negotiations or slim because your down payment is small or nonexistent. It has nothing to do with negotiating. You dont even have to bring up how youll pay for it while in negotiations, except at the end of you want to take that $500

Unfortunately the 0.9% wasn't offered (and I wasn't aware it existed at the time). I suspect that I may have run into LTV issues without the rebates. This monthly rate allows me to pay this down much sooner than 84mo.

Unfortunately the 0.9% wasn't offered (and I wasn't aware it existed at the time). I suspect that I may have run into LTV issues without the rebates. This monthly rate allows me to pay this down much sooner than 84mo.

Rolling $6,700 into a brand new car would definintely mess with the LTV, like you said, that's above 120% LTV OTD not considering depreciation. Finance Managers have access ti LTV percentage guidelines that banks will accept, and maybe it didn't fall within' Chase's guidelines, but your credit score may have convinced them otherwise. The dealer would have made more money financing you the vehicle so I'm surprised they didn't atleast try.

Recently purchased a 2019 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD w/ PP in Machine Gray Metallic. Transaction occurred in Maryland but vehicle is registered in Virginia. I took the 0.9% financing rather than the $1,000 credit. Price breakdown below:

MSRP: $34,415
Cash Price: $31,991
Accessories: $375 (all weather floor mats and cargo cover)
Dealer Fee: $300
TTL: $1,721
Total Cash Price: $34,387

Back