2016.5 CX5 heated seats` BUYER BEWARE

Going off of this thread, something must be wrong with ours. You can hardly even tell they're on. It takes almost an entire drive to even start to feel them and nothing happens past that.
Maybe they need some time to break in? I swear when I first got my car last year I felt the same way. I commented on it here and somewhere. But, this winter? It is slow to really heat up...about ten minutes. But when they peak, it's TOO hot. Need to turn it down to 1.
Sounds crazy, I know but I do not remember them getting this hot last year.

To add to this, it sounds like the OP has a malfunctioning passenger seat heater and he's getting F'd by Mazda.

When I purchased our car, the Passenger side seat barely got hot at all. It definitely got warmish, but was 10-15 degrees cooler than drivers side.

I complained to the dealer the day after buying the car, and after about a week of going back and forth and complaining to Mazda corporate, the dealer took a passenger seat from another car on the lot and swapped it in for me.

The seat now gets within 5 degrees or so of the drivers seat and feels MUCH better.

The seat heaters in our 2016.5 CLOTH seats work great, you can feel warmth in about 1-2 minutes, and we have to turn them down to low or medium after 10-15 minutes at high level.

The leather seat cover is more insulating than the cloth seat fabric, and I have often felt that is the reason for SOME of the complaints.

I also have never had heated seats in any of the previous cars, so I have no expectations or comparison to other makes or manufacturers. What temps do the EUROPEAN seats warm up to?

A factory defect is also possible, or perhaps even something occurred at the dealer before you, such as... maybe a heavy person put a sharp knee on the seat in the wrong spot while detailing or even looking at the car?

All my Saabs, both cloth and leather heated quickly. None got as hot as the Mazda does.

re: hammer

Like one of those weird Amazon reviews with 'interesting' people.

"I bought this hammer the other day and it sucks. I bought it expressly for the purpose of mashing potatoes and now 3 of my pots are all dented!!! And the mashed potatoes were horrible!!!

I tried contacting the reseller about returning the hammer and paying to replace my dented pots and they were rude and completely unhelpful!!!

BUYER BEWARE!!!"

My heated seats get good and hot on the high setting within a couple of minutes. No complaints here. I usually run them on medium and only on high when it’s really chilly.

I guess we missed the buyer beware after purchasing our 2016.5... almost 2 years too late now...LMFAO...

Ok, so our heated seats have worked flawlessly since new and still work excellent (on all settings) with nearly 21k accrued daily use miles...

Back