Which year?

pgfrey

:
2007 Mazda6 wagon
Hi All;

New to the forum. Have had Mazdas since 2002 (first a protege5) and now have a Mazda6. Love it and it's reliability (and the fun factor, of course).

My question is ... need to replace hubby's ancient Acura (a 1995!) which finally went 'tires up' !

We're looking at the CX-5. Before we test drive them, etc. I'm wondering if there were any 'bad' model years to avoid.

I think we're looking toward something in the 2015-2016 range.

So ... was there a 'dog' Mazda CX-5?

No. But make sure you are up-to-date with tsb. There have been costly issues around transmission windshield and led headlights.

I have a 2016.5 touring with sun roof and Bose system and I love it. I had a chance to drive 2017 model for a couple days while my cx5 was in for service and I was a not a fan. Great SUV but I felt like visibility was less than the prior design and I am not a fan of the new styling.

Hi All;

New to the forum. Have had Mazdas since 2002 (first a protege5) and now have a Mazda6. Love it and it's reliability (and the fun factor, of course).

My question is ... need to replace hubby's ancient Acura (a 1995!) which finally went 'tires up' !

We're looking at the CX-5. Before we test drive them, etc. I'm wondering if there were any 'bad' model years to avoid.

I think we're looking toward something in the 2015-2016 range.

So ... was there a 'dog' Mazda CX-5?
Well the 2016+ has a more modern infotainment (headunit) system and a better sound system compare to 2015 and below (especially if you compare the Bose offering). The ECU on the 2016 is a much better Denso unit vs the Mitsubishi on the pre 16's; so if you want tuning (more power/sport mode and non sport mode tune) it's the much better choice. Also the 16+ have a electronic parking brake vs a handbrake (personal preference). Other than some aesthetic difference such as LED headlights (which could be costly if it fails) the 16 and 15 are pretty similar.

That 6 wagon is somewhat of a rarity

2015 is the fastest and sportiest. 2018 is the most luxurious. 2013 is the cheapest and most fuel efficient.

I'm leaning towards the 2015 ... mostly based on price point (about $15-$16k). Sportiness is nice. I really don't care about any other options except maybe AWD.

Thanks everyone ! This was very helpful.

Well the 2016+ has a more modern infotainment (headunit) system and a better sound system compare to 2015 and below (especially if you compare the Bose offering). The ECU on the 2016 is a much better Denso unit vs the Mitsubishi on the pre 16's; so if you want tuning (more power/sport mode and non sport mode tune) it's the much better choice. Also the 16+ have a electronic parking brake vs a handbrake (personal preference). Other than some aesthetic difference such as LED headlights (which could be costly if it fails) the 16 and 15 are pretty similar.

That 6 wagon is somewhat of a rarity

Funny you mention the wagon. Rarely see one on the road. Sad that it was phased out, but I understand the direction things are going.

Still, it's great ! The extra weight (I assume) and the 6 cylinder give it a better ride. I just think it's the perfect size for two older adults.

Funny you mention the wagon. Rarely see one on the road. Sad that it was phased out, but I understand the direction things are going.

Still, it's great ! The extra weight (I assume) and the 6 cylinder give it a better ride. I just think it's the perfect size for two older adults.

My wife's grandmother had a '05 wagon. It got nailed pretty bad in an accident years ago but got insurance to fix it at almost 100% value. It's still on the road.. she gave it to one of my wife's uncles who is a senior Ford Tech. Talking to him a few holidays ago...he likes Mazdas far better than the Fords.

Back