2013 cx5 over a brand new car?

Tom272

:
Hey everyone, im new here, read up on some things about cx5 but since im in doubt and at the risk of this this beeing one sided im still in need of advice from you folk who drive the car.
So far we used a mazda 626 for 6 years, the car is second hand, never any serious issue with it, a broken light here and there. In general i like the brand and think its very dependable. We are now searching for a new car and i really love the cx5,
i read quite a bit on it, but since we live where we live and our income is quite variable due to me freelancing. We can't afford a new one, so i was thinking of buying a used one from 2013 with under 100 000km.

Wife also likes the car but shes worried because once we import it from germany the sum price will be somewhere around 16 500 euros, which would afford us a new car.
So, advice? What do you guys think? Im pushing to buy one but wifes arguments are also good, my reasoning is that a cx5 is better quality and more equiped as opposed to a new "skeleton" car without any addons which she is suggesting (an Opel or nissan suv).

IMO your wife is correct. Getting a 2013 CX-5, especially with a price you can get a brand new Opel or Nissan CUV locally, is simply not worth it. 2013 CX-5 at the time was a brand new design for Mazda, which means there're many deficiencies and got revised and fixed during later year production such as the front casings on transmission and rear differential to fix problems on input shaft bearing described in Mazda's TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins). I'd always get a new vehicle instead of a used one with the same budget, especially the used one is the very early production of a brand new first generation model.

Besides, there's a Chinese saying: "Listen to wife, fortune for life." Happy wife, happy life! :) Go get a brand new Nissan CUV.

IMO your wife is correct. Getting a 2013 CX-5, especially with a price you can get a brand new Opel or Nissan CUV locally, is simply not worth it. 2013 CX-5 at the time was a brand new design for Mazda, which means there're many deficiencies and got revised and fixed during later year production such as the front casings on transmission and rear differential to fix problems on input shaft bearing described in Mazda's TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins). I'd always get a new vehicle instead of a used one with the same budget, especially the used one is the very early production of a brand new first generation model.

Besides, there's a Chinese saying: "Listen to wife, fortune for life." Happy wife, happy life! :) Go get a brand new Nissan CUV.
In this case I'd probably agree, though I personally would not buy a Rogue.

2013 also only had the 2.0L. 2.5L came with the 2014. So if buying a used CX-5, I'd at least start with that year.

In this case I'd probably agree, though I personally would not buy a Rogue.

2013 also only had the 2.0L. 2.5L came with the 2014. So if buying a used CX-5, I'd at least start with that year.

agreed, the 2.5L is preferable

With this choice,get a new car absolutely!Three big advantages being: A) parts not worn so should have plenty of life ahead of them, B)you know the service history (and would be the one making it) and know it hasn't been abused or in an accident, and C) the one that can save a lot of money and headache that could happen with a used car-----WARRANTY.

If you buy new,maintain and keep it a long time, the depreciation isn't a big factor.I see it it being the most reliable and economical in the long run with fewest nasty surprises if you buy a good ,new car. Listen to your wife. Happy car shopping.

Ah i was expecting some confirmation of buying one haha, too bad.. I really like the cx5, we are a bit short in regards to one from 2014. The problem was still is though that i want an AWD one, i can find a 2014 one but rarely one with awd also under 100 000km.
Thanks for all the advice, il be sure to reconsider and see what we get instead then.. A bit sad though, ah well.. maybe il get a different mazda model instead then..
Thanks again guys : )

Ah i was expecting some confirmation of buying one haha, too bad.. I really like the cx5, we are a bit short in regards to one from 2014. The problem was still is though that i want an AWD one, i can find a 2014 one but rarely one with awd also under 100 000km.
Thanks for all the advice, il be sure to reconsider and see what we get instead then.. A bit sad though, ah well.. maybe il get a different mazda model instead then..
Thanks again guys : )
I mean, I'd be the one to say get the CX-5, as it would handle better and feel more engaging then a Rogue when driving it.

That said I wouldn't really consider the 2013 personally just due to the smaller engine.

And there is a point to having a warranty with a new car of it's the same price. (is it really? New for $16.5k or whatever you said?)

Yeah i looked over alot of reviews about the cx5 and everyone was praising it..
Im not sure what we will do, all the new cars we can get are smaller city cars for 16k euros, im not interrested in those, il see if we can wait and try to muster up some more money, either that or we get something smaller..
Amy advice on what i should look for if i got for cx5 when buying a used one? The warranty on the car won't be valid since il be exporting it from germany into Croatia. So ideally im looking for something from 2014, up to 100 000km and a price range up to 14k euros, can be more but need to haggle the price down.. Iv'e been ressearching for 2 months now and was sure we would buy one thats a bit damaged but has 75k km on it (14k euros). From 2013, but the advice you guys give me rule that one out.

Yeah i looked over alot of reviews about the cx5 and everyone was praising it..
Im not sure what we will do, all the new cars we can get are smaller city cars for 16k euros, im not interrested in those, il see if we can wait and try to muster up some more money, either that or we get something smaller..
Amy advice on what i should look for if i got for cx5 when buying a used one? The warranty on the car won't be valid since il be exporting it from germany into Croatia. So ideally im looking for something from 2014, up to 100 000km and a price range up to 14k euros, can be more but need to haggle the price down.. Iv'e been ressearching for 2 months now and was sure we would buy one thats a bit damaged but has 75k km on it (14k euros). From 2013, but the advice you guys give me rule that one out.

If you are exporting into Croatia and want to keep it till 150 k miles or more look at shops that can fix a Mazda. Or you should be able to get your hands dirty. If not consider a model sold in Croatia. For e.g. in India despite the brands available folks recommend Suzuki, Hyundai, Honda and Toyota. Their cars are solid and lots of mechanics available. Folks buying VW Ford Jeep etc love unique ness till something breaks in the middle of nowhere.

Back