What diffuser is this?

dorkidori_s13

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
What diffuser is this? FOUND! Pics & link in thread!

So Ive been hunting around Google for a while now trying to figure out what diffuser this is. Ive tried contacting the user on and off the site, but he has never responded... soooo yeah, anyone have any clue what rear diffuser this fellow used?

IMG_4224.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg

UPDATE 2017-05-12: FOUND! Re-Amemiya FD3S Rear Diffuser!

Can be purchased via https://carbonfiberhoods.com/vsaero...-3pc-gt-mazda-rx-7-fd3s-1993-1997-105292.html

I will be picking one up in the coming weeks and installing it on my P5.

nengun-2148-02-reamemiya-diffuser_pro.png

194783-fd3s-re-amemiya-rear-diffuser-hardware-done-diffuser2.jpg

162806d1142730248-fd3s-re-amemiya-rear-diffuser-hardware-done-rays-rx7-2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, this is the one I was trying to tell you about in your other thread. Make it, sell it, sold!

waiting list for first batch

1) i12drivemyMP5

i'll be nice and offer mine up for mold when i find one.....(peep)

I think the light is seperate and could be done to existing valance. kinda like it somehow, and i need to black out my valance anyway.

Last edited:
That diffuser is just too big, and looks horrible on the P5 in my opinion.

I always reverse into parking bays to avoid damage to the front lip. And most bays have that concrete stop, or the gutter is too high.

35b099_885a0754ca122864b8c228f9ea3202e3.jpg_512

Crunch!

meh, ive been driving lowered cars for the past 15 years with my S13s... im quite use to watching how i park!

That diffuser is just too big, and looks horrible on the P5 in my opinion.

I always reverse into parking bays to avoid damage to the front lip. And most bays have that concrete stop, or the gutter is too high.

Crunch!
My exhaust would hit those blocks backing in anyway so moot point. Either your exhaust is routed up high like an 18 wheeler or your car is not lowered any or has a lot of rake so it doesn't get hit by the parking blocks. A, B or C or all of the above? I'd say don't get one if it's so hideous. Everything isn't for everybody. This is an interest thread not disinterest thread. Opinion noted, thanks for the concern, have a g'day. Gutter = curb? Gutters are low in this hemisphere and curbs are high. Kinda like how the toilet water swirls opposite direction down under I guess.

Last edited:
meh, ive been driving lowered cars for the past 15 years with my S13s... im quite use to watching how i park!
And this! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I've been driving this car lowered for 15 yrs. Parking isn't the issue, driving is....crappy roads and crap in the crappy roads that you have to watch for is much bigger concern.

Last edited:
lol, looks like the 2-15 entrance going east off Eastern here in town... you just learn to drive around that s*** like a man!!!

I only have about 2" clearance under the floorpans and I rolled the dead body of a cat into something that resembled a croissant the other night. I felt so bad, the most disgusting thing ever. Hear him hitting the whole length of the car.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I only have about 2" clearance under the floorpans and I rolled the dead body of a cat into something that resembled a croissant the other night. I felt so bad, the most disgusting thing ever. Hear him hitting the whole length of the car.

Years ago I had a Nissan Hardbody that was bagged. I was doing 70 down the freeway around 10PM at night and ran over a dead dog. When I say ran over, more like I jumped it because as low as my truck was, and as big as that dog was, I may have caught some air. That next morning, I actually pulled a few leg bones out of my frame. Most disgusting thing in my life.

Oh dude, I have a bar-b-q dog story too in a lowered convertible truck. It was already dead but was nowhere close to fitting underneath. There was guts and hair all under there and the cooking smell on the exhaust before we could get the 1/2 mile to house and bail was the longest 1/2 mile ever. Sucked bad..........

My thought process is that it sucks when dead animals are unavoidable, but I feel like I'm doing my part to help out live animals. The chances of a live dog or something fitting under my car is very slim, which greatly increases their odds for survival, and if the do go under... at least it'll be quick...

Umm, yeah, I will not purposely crash my car to avoid animals, sorry, but I will do my best to miss any of them when at all possible....whether dead or alive. I don't think a beer can on it's side will fit under mine much less standing up. I cringe going over lane markers and the other day getting an inspection, the dude drove out over the oil change tunnel and thought he was gonna destroy the underside of my car on the lip that sticks up. Had to have barely cleared.

I like how this has turned into a #slammedlife/roadkill thread lol

Back to the original topic, I think I actually like that center-mounted fog light better than the diffuser. Both look like add-ons, but that diffuser looks kind of tacky imo, the way it drops lower towards the back. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a rear diffuser on my P5, but I'd go for a more full bumper look than a stick on.

The roadkill would affect diffusers on it's way out or could even get lodged so it's not that far off topic. I would like one just a tad more subtle than the one here and got one of those 4th brk light or rain light in black but the mounting options would include something negative being done to valance upon first review of it...............

Back