Oil changes

:
2021 Acura RDX
Just curious how many miles you all currently go on full synthetic oil between oil changes? I have been going 7,500 so far and havent had any issues, but Im wondering if I should switch that to 5k to be on the safe side.

Any thoughts?

With direct injection and only a 5qt sump, Im personally not going over 5k intervals. DI can be very hard on oil...and with the cheap synthetic 0w20s out there with d1g2 approval, why risk it?

For reference I usually go 7500-10k miles on most vehicles with larger oil capacity, no direct injection, and a quality euro oil (>3.5 hths)

I have 3 excellent UOAs doing 6K OCI and suggested I could go out to 8K. PP 0w20 and OEM, WIX or Ultra filters. 2014 Touring. CX5 is fairly easy on oil based on UOAs. Ed

With direct injection and only a 5qt sump, I*m personally not going over 5k intervals. DI can be very hard on oil...and with the cheap synthetic 0w20*s out there with d1g2 approval, why risk it?

From all the analysis I've seen and received myself, I don't think this is really the case here.

TBN was often times still plenty high enough to run longer intervals past 5k miles in all of my analysis with 0w20 Castrol Edge. The problem I ran into was that above 6k, I usually had to add oil as I was losing some.

I'm currently trying 5w30 now in my NA. We'll see how that turns out. Hoping I don't lose as much.

I usually have mine done between 4600 - 5000. Not because of the mileage but because of time. I don't put that many miles on it during the year.
It's a 16 (purchased in April of 15) and I just hit 24,000.

My wife is getting a Reserve tomorrow so I will definitely be putting less miles on mine and driving hers every chance I get.

Just curious how many miles you all currently go on full synthetic oil between oil changes? I have been going 7,500 so far and havent had any issues, but Im wondering if I should switch that to 5k to be on the safe side.

Any thoughts?
Why don't you use Flexible oil change interval which is up to 7,500 miles or 12 months? Mazda designed an oil life monitor for us to use, why don't we use it? I personally change my oil at about 30% oil life left which is about 5,000 ~ 5,500 miles between oil changes, although your gen-2 CX-5 is displaying mileage left.

If your Flexible setting for Oil Change in the maintenance monitor that the oil change due notification doesn't work, there's a TSB 01-008/1 and go get your PCM firmware updated.

Back