What did you pay for your CX-5?

Ok just did the msrp it was $28610 and with the discount it was a 16%. Should I just pull the trigger ? Also do you know how much dealers can go low before losing profit ?

That sounds really good. Im not sure what the break even price is for dealers these days. Others around here might know.

Ok just did the msrp it was $28610 and with the discount it was a 16%. Should I just pull the trigger ? Also do you know how much dealers can go low before losing profit ?
What rebates does the price include? Whatever they are, theyre given straight back to the dealer from Mazda. They arent losing a dime.
Also, there will always be someone who impulse buys and pays MSRP and close to it, so it makes up for the larger discounts they give those that want or work for it; me. :)
Needless to say, I couldnt careless if they lose money, come up with a price youre comfortable paying and roll with it. If you really are getting 16% off, you may gain another $500-1k in Customer Cash when the 19 rolls out, but thats about it. If youre content on a 18 model year, youve done rather well already, and I see no harm in rolling with whatcha got. Make sure once you see this is writing that you look it all over and check the fine print...

Enjoy your new ride...

Just picked up an '18 Sport AWD with the i-Activesense pkg. Came from a '16.5 Touring AWD w/Nav whose lease was expiring, and traded in for the '18 ('16.5 apparently had extra equity beyond the residual). Got the MSRP of $27.070 down to $21 before taxes and fees with a bunch of dealer and Mazda rebates and incentives on top of the extra equity above residual. Paid cash, no lease or loan.

I have not leased in awhile and was not aware of more equity in a lease and the ability to leverage it into a new deal. They made my last 2 lease payments, paid off the lease, and included a maintenance package for 4 years. And threw in a cargo cover too.

I was either going to buy my trade-in or get a new one, so it was worth the investigation.

Just picked up an '18 Sport AWD with the i-Activesense pkg. Came from a '16.5 Touring AWD w/Nav whose lease was expiring, and traded in for the '18 ('16.5 apparently had extra equity beyond the residual). Got the MSRP of $27.070 down to $21 before taxes and fees with a bunch of dealer and Mazda rebates and incentives on top of the extra equity above residual. Paid cash, no lease or loan.

I have not leased in awhile and was not aware of more equity in a lease and the ability to leverage it into a new deal. They made my last 2 lease payments, paid off the lease, and included a maintenance package for 4 years. And threw in a cargo cover too.

I was either going to buy my trade-in or get a new one, so it was worth the investigation.

Good deal.

Hello all - I've finally retired & am getting closer to buying a new car.
Just starting to look, gonna compare a few - Forester, RAV4, CRV (maybe).
I finally got to drive a CX5 this morning & am VERY impressed.

What would be a good price for a Touring AWD with the preferred equipment pkg, machine gray - MSRP 30,010 including destination?
Appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Bruce

Hello all - I've finally retired & am getting closer to buying a new car.

What would be a good price for a Touring AWD with the preferred equipment pkg, machine gray - MSRP 30,010 including destination?
Appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Bruce

$27k tops. What*s the current Customer Cash in your area?

Customer Cash here is $500; would the 27K be before figuring in the customer cash or after?
tks again
Bruce

I think he meant 27K Out of door. Which means sale price of 25K including all rebates + Tax / Title etc equaling 27K. I think that is slightly optimistic because the trim you want is one of the most sensible / popular choices. Cant say about the color choice as I have no data for that. I would say 27.5 OTD is great to amazing. Doesnt mean you cannot hit or beat it.

Nelson is a skilled negotiator or an anamoly. Not sure which. I doubt most people can get the deals he does. ,[emoji106]
Get some pricing and report back.

I think he meant 27K Out of door. Which means sale price of 25K including all rebates + Tax / Title etc equaling 27K. I think that is slightly optimistic because the trim you want is one of the most sensible / popular choices. Cant say about the color choice as I have no data for that. I would say 27.5 OTD is great to amazing. Doesnt mean you cannot hit or beat it.

I actually meant 27k selling price, or 10%, but honestly, this late in the year and the new ones arriving soon, I*d be shooting for 15%, and wouldnt accept anything less than 12%. Might get lucky and that Customer Cash rise to $1-2k too, as it*s already $1k in some areas...

Good Luck, you*re in a pretty good region to strike a great deal. That where I got mine from...

Last edited:
Nelson is a skilled negotiator or an anamoly. Not sure which. I doubt most people can get the deals he does. ,[emoji106]
Get some pricing and report back.

Yea, I am, thanks, but numerous people have scored 12-15% here. I am of the few that got 18-20...

Yea, I am, thanks, but numerous people have scored 12-15% here. I am of the few that got 18-20...

Nice. Best I could do with mine was like 5%, but that was when the 2.5L dropped and they were not discounting for s*** anywhere here.

Customer cash is $1,000 in my area. Is there any chance this customer cash will decrease after the current offer expires at the end of October? Basically, is there risk of waiting a few weeks, or greater chance this discount will improve? My best quote for a Touring AWD with Package is just under 27k so far (not OTD).

I would recommend staying away from the CRV until Honda comes up with a fix for the oil dilution problem, as well as the lack of heat in winter issues.
I haven't checked recently to see where Honda is at with this mess, to be honest, but I'd want to be 100% assured that the problems are truly solved before buying one.
Good luck.

I would recommend staying away from the CRV until Honda comes up with a fix for the oil dilution problem, as well as the lack of heat in winter issues.
I haven't checked recently to see where Honda is at with this mess, to be honest, but I'd want to be 100% assured that the problems are truly solved before buying one.
Good luck.

I've read on a CRV Forum that there is a solution for this issue; I'd make sure of that before putting it on my short list of course.

THanks for all the info everyone. Just gotta say how blown away I was with the test drive.
I've seen lots of videos & reviews of the CX5, most mentioning the beautiful interior, reduced road noise, etc.
But seeing it & driving for the first time, I was beyond impressed.
Bruce

Thoughts on the following offer:

2018 CX-5 AWD Touring with Preferred Package, Machine Gray
MSRP - $30,010
Sale - $27,500
Customer Cash - $1,000
Tax, Titl, Lic - $2,420

OTD - $28,920
Not Financed through Mazda
Free Apple Carplay upgrade when it comes available.

Could I improve? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Thoughts on the following offer:

2018 CX-5 AWD Touring with Preferred Package, Machine Gray
MSRP - $30,010
Sale - $27,500
Customer Cash - $1,000
Tax, Titl, Lic - $2,420

OTD - $28,920
Not Financed through Mazda
Free Apple Carplay upgrade when it comes available.

Could I improve? Thoughts?

As I mentioned in the other thread, I think that looks like a good deal. I would get the CarPlay deal in writing.

Back