More chrome

:
2014 CX-5
17 CX 5 GT Dark blue looking for more chrome trim like rocker panel on CX 9 and any other areas. I had the stock wheels chromed and looks great. Thank you. jz.

chrome is gross and cheap looking IMO. why don't you debadge the rear of the car and tint your windows instead?

chrome is gross and cheap looking IMO. why don't you debadge the rear of the car and tint your windows instead?
Debadging cannot be done on a 2017 without leaving holes in the sheetmetal and tinting windows is "gross and cheap looking" IMO. Why don't you add more chrome to your Mazda 6 and we'll call it square!

Customizing, adding, subtracting stuff from your ride is such a subjective thing.
One man's desert is another man's poison. No need to argue about this sort of thing.

We should start an informal poll of which add-ons/changes/accessories people like and dislike.
For me, chrome is out, tinted windows are in, but debadging is neutral.
I'd like to remove the skyactive badge, but leave the Mazda badges, and maybe add a GT badge on the back.
I also like small lip spoilers, but hate those ugly ass tall wings that some guys put on Civics.
How about fart can mufflers? yes/no?
Body kits?
We could go on, but this is enough for now.
Carry on.

Customizing, adding, subtracting stuff from your ride is such a subjective thing.
One man's desert is another man's poison. No need to argue about this sort of thing.

We should start an informal poll of which add-ons/changes/accessories people like and dislike.
For me, chrome is out, tinted windows are in, but debadging is neutral.
I'd like to remove the skyactive badge, but leave the Mazda badges, and maybe add a GT badge on the back.
I also like small lip spoilers, but hate those ugly ass tall wings that some guys put on Civics.
How about fart can mufflers? yes/no?
Body kits?
We could go on, but this is enough for now.
Carry on.

agree with what you said.

body kit = waste of money IMO

tinted windows really change the look of a car, more so then you would think.

i would rather get a muffler delete, or a magnaflow muffler, or just about anything but a fart can.

i removed the Mazda 6 badge + the skyactiv badge on mine and I think it looks great. Ill post a pic if anyone wants to see.

Debadging cannot be done on a 2017 without leaving holes in the sheetmetal and tinting windows is "gross and cheap looking" IMO. Why don't you add more chrome to your Mazda 6 and we'll call it square!

a good set of 20% tints make any car look great. why don't you like tinted windows? makes the car all cozy and personal.

a good set of 20% tints make any car look great. why don't you like tinted windows? makes the car all cozy and personal.

Second that on tinted windows.
When I negotiated on my new 6 with the dealer, I made sure I got tinted windows thrown in for free as part of the deal.
I've tinted the widows on every vehicle I've had in the last 20 years. I like the privacy.
Tinted windows also help with cooling in the summer and when it's parked in the hot sun.

Second that on tinted windows.
When I negotiated on my new 6 with the dealer, I made sure I got tinted windows thrown in for free as part of the deal.
I've tinted the widows on every vehicle I've had in the last 20 years. I like the privacy.
Tinted windows also help with cooling in the summer and when it's parked in the hot sun.

Nice! that is a good idea. If i walk into the Mazda dealership I bought the car from, would they tint my windows for a discounted price or something?

oh and I agree. the tints really help block out the sun, especially if you got ceramic tints. really handy in the summer. I already tinted my BMW, now just gotta get around to grabbing the Mazda so I can tint it too.

Nice! that is a good idea. If i walk into the Mazda dealership I bought the car from, would they tint my windows for a discounted price or something?
That will depend entirely on the dealership, and your negotiating skills....lol

I was not in a hurry to buy a new car, and I took my sweet time while dealing with two dealerships.
The first dealer wouldn't do the tinting for free at first, but the second dealer agreed to it right away.
When I went back to first guy and told them I could get it done for free, they also agreed pretty quickly.
At the end of the day, I got all the free stuff I wanted, at the price I wanted and the car I wanted.
One dealership was new, and I believe they were still learning the ropes. The staff was nice and all, but they just didn't seem very sure of themselves.
The dealership I bought from was an established business, with a more experienced staff.
What finally made the difference was that the experienced dealer was able to locate the car I wanted in short order, and had it trucked in fairly quickly.
The new dealership said they couldn't get the car I wanted for at least 6-8 weeks. I didn't really understand why one could get the car, and not the other.
Did I leave any money on the table? Oh, probably.
Note of interest: I traded in my 2006 Altima. I was going to sell it privately and hoped to make a few extra $$, but decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
The other reason I changed my mind and traded it in, was that it developed a problem that was going to cost me a fair bit to fix (if I were to sell privately).
I can say this now, as the deal is done, but I didn't tell the dealer about the problem, and they didn't pick up on it. Whew.
Bottom line, I think I did the best I could and I'm very happy with the car, and that's all that mattered.

Back