2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

attachment.php

Second pick is just showing door locks lit up. They may already be like that on the '16, but I'm fairly sure they were not lit on my '14. Also, rear seat heater controls are lit on center armrest in the back.

Does the passenger door switches light up? Wish they had all the driver side switches with lights...

Thanks

How will the system cope if winter wheels are fitted with out tire pressure sensors, assuming that's what they are?

The aftermarket tyrepal ones don't look anything like those in the picture, seems odd for Mazda to increase costs for tyre monitoring, unless the system shows temperature and gains insurance discounts?

Edit Looks like that's what they are.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sou.......0.0.0.14914...........0.IgkhzHPERyQ#spf=1

yeah, those are individual tire pressure sensors, I have them on my 2013 CX-9, don;t really care for them, much prefer having the non-sensor type system where the sensors are on the hub instead of the individual wheels..... big hassle if you have winter sets or when those monkeys at the tire shop damage them... agree with you they would be useful if they gave individual PSI for each wheel but on the 13 CX-9 they didn;t, might be different on the 17 CX-5's

Does the passenger door switches light up? Wish they had all the driver side switches with lights...

Thanks
That is only available for all countries that have auto up and down for all power windows such as here in Australia

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just want to point out the stock cold intake system hasn't changed too much...which is a good thing. I studied the CX-5 gen1 and current Mazda6 systems which are almost identical to this picture. Cool air first enters through the grill from air coming around the Mazda Logo. It then moves up through the hood latch. The hood has a rubber liner which seals a pocket of space away from engine bay. This seal goes over the air (rectangle) shape inlet and does not block it of course.

Again, the shape of the hood's underside and where it meets with this area above the radiator forms a pathway for fresh air coming from the grill, through the latch, and into that inlet.

The only difference between different models seems to be the pattern of the black plastic covering of the latch area and the shape/size of the actual air inlet. Otherwise the design concept is the same.

Just want to point out the stock cold intake system hasn't changed too much...which is a good thing. I studied the CX-5 gen1 and current Mazda6 systems which are almost identical to this picture. Cool air first enters through the grill from air coming around the Mazda Logo. It then moves up through the hood latch. The hood has a rubber liner which seals a pocket of space away from engine bay. This seal goes over the air (rectangle) shape inlet and does not block it of course.

Again, the shape of the hood's underside and where it meets with this area above the radiator forms a pathway for fresh air coming from the grill, through the latch, and into that inlet.

The only difference between different models seems to be the pattern of the black plastic covering of the latch area and the shape/size of the actual air inlet. Otherwise the design concept is the same.
Do you happen to have a graphic/diagram from Mazda confirming this? Only reason I am asking is because I don't think that's really where they are getting the cold air from. I looked through the grill and can't seem to determine a pathway into the intake duct even through the hood latch. I could be wrong about this, but I think they are getting the air from the small opening between the top of the hood and driver side headlight.

Do you happen to have a graphic/diagram from Mazda confirming this? Only reason I am asking is because I don't think that's really where they are getting the cold air from. I looked through the grill and can't seem to determine a pathway into the intake duct even through the hood latch. I could be wrong about this, but I think they are getting the air from the small opening between the top of the hood and driver side headlight.

There is no diagram. Here's my 3 observations you can also try.

Physical observation. The pathway going into the grill is a bit vague at first. I used a process of observed elimination. Air cannot enter in from through the hood's gap because there's a an outside seal there (closer to hood edge). Look at the shape of the underside of the hood which closes atop the inlet...its markedly different from the opposite end. Observe the seal marks (atop inlet) left by the inner hood seals. There's two types of seals. The 1st on the outer edge of the hood which prevents outside air to enter the engine bay. The 2nd inner to seal off the engine bay itself. Again its sealing outside air AND inside engine bay air. There's cavity of space with a large gap for air to enter through the hood latch.

Flashlight. I tested this in a pitch dark garage using a small powerful LED flashlight to crudely determine how air gets to the inlet. A large amount of light come through the hood latch via angling the flashlight pointing up through the grill. No light seeped through the gap between the hood edge....again because of the outer seal. I did find another opening much smaller than the hood latch however there is a major problem if it was the primary source for air flow. 1. Its a really tiny opening. 2. Its right where the rubber stop (attached to the under hood) contacts the engine bay frame when closed. Plus the shape of the under hood cups this opening to hinder or block from air entering.

Closer observation. What you can also do is rest the hood down (but do not close it). Keep it open about 2-3 inches. Look at the air inlet and its sealed on 4 sides. Behind, to its right (US spec), below, above it. Only place its not sealed or blocked is to its left.... towards the hood latch opening.

4th option would be for a Mazda engineer to chime in:)

Clarity is good. Can you select colour of the text?

I really like the functionality of the HUD. Very cool having key info close to your eye line. I don't recall a setting to change color, though brightness is an option.

Some of the items are themselves in color like STOP signs and blind spot warning signals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Sadly, no. Been my chief complaint with my CX-5 since I got my '15. Our old '92 Camry LE had every button on every door illuminated. The lock buttons lit on the '17 are new. I've fumbled around too many times at night trying to find passenger windows or door lock buttons.

That HUD display looks very clear, informative, and not intrusive. I'd be very happy driving a car that handles well, has this HUD, a commander knob, and BSM. No other car in this class has that combo of features.

Back