What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Well since I joined the local sasca I've messed with my suspension a bit. Lowered the rear dampers 8 clicks from max ( front max). I should have had it like this anyways. Cornering is much better and, I can get more rear end slip in at low speed high rpm. I pulled the dsc fuse and I can get a good powerslide in a low speed turn. Also it's getting into the 30s around here and I've been able to trip the dsc in 2nd gear by mashing :p. The tune and mods really help the rear wheels get more power (more slip) and that rear wheel push is a good feeling (drive2)

Took the wife to work this morning and then ran to the Farmers Market for meat and produce. Upon walking up to the car, I noticed this on the rear passenger door! (mad) Going to call the PDR place the local Miata club uses and then call my touch up guy. Sometimes, I really hate people.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Finn - Mad.jpeg
    Finn - Mad.jpeg
    951.8 KB · Views: 837
Man, that sucks. I have heard lots of good things about small dent repair but have never had any good first hand reports/pictures. Tell us how it turns out.

Took the wife to work this morning and then ran to the Farmers Market for meat and produce. Upon walking up to the car, I noticed this on the rear passenger door! (mad) Going to call the PDR place the local Miata club uses and then call my touch up guy. Sometimes, I really hate people.

attachment.php

I 2 yrs we haven't got one door ding! Sorry jeff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad deal. My dealer didn't include any free service. :(

Sure, blame auto correct. ;) :p haha

My dealer included all kinds of stuff, first three services, free detail, free navigation map updates for like three years.

Can anyone find me the link to the aftermarket knobs for the air conditioning unit. So I can get rid of the dials.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

My dealer included all kinds of stuff, first three services, free detail, free navigation map updates for like three years.

Your dealer didn't include 3 years of free Nav updates, Mazda did. Everyone gets this. It's actually 3 updates within three years.

It's good that you got the free service though. In my experience it's best to avoid taking your car to the dealer for anything other than warranty work. Sometimes even that is questionable...

I 2 yrs we haven't got one door ding! Sorry jeff!

Thanks Mark! Wish you many more ding free years to come!

Nice. Is it a thorough detail they gave you? My dealer offers the complimentary wash with any service. Just wish the guys would take the extra two minutes to clean the entire car. Got it home and there was still dirt all over the hatch and along the bottom of the doors. Drives me crazy.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Your dealer didn't include 3 years of free Nav updates, Mazda did. Everyone gets this. It's actually 3 updates within three years.

It's good that you got the free service though. In my experience it's best to avoid taking your car to the dealer for anything other than warranty work. Sometimes even that is questionable...

Oh, Mazda offers the map updates, cool. I couldn't remember. Thanks for clarifying.

Need confirmation that the headlight is a H11 correct, don't have the car near me right now

Need confirmation that the headlight is a H11 correct, don't have the car near me right now

For the low beam that's correct.

The same bulb is used for the foglights as well. At least for my CX-5.

Last edited:
Chris, I'm sure I'm missing the pictures of your catch can setup. Can you point me to where they are? Thanks!

Thanks Mark! Wish you many more ding free years to come!

Nice. Is it a thorough detail they gave you? My dealer offers the complimentary wash with any service. Just wish the guys would take the extra two minutes to clean the entire car. Got it home and there was still dirt all over the hatch and along the bottom of the doors. Drives me crazy.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's a full detail; I haven't had it done yet. When I had the oil changed and winter wheels/tires put on it was snowing like crazy, so of course I didn't have the detail. [emoji51]

Catch Can Content

oil, transaxle, rear diff fluid change. ~5000mi

Catch can content -
15974856_10157987136995487_5639549286235389314_o.jpg
Which one of those three are we looking at in the pic?
The content is the collection of blow-by gasses from crankcase and they're supposed to be going back to intake manifold via PCV valve for re-combustion. The liquid should be mostly unburned fuel、engine oil、and sludge. I was surprised to see there's so much blow-by collection for 5,000 miles otherwise much of it may eventually be mixed with engine oil, hence the oil raising issue discussed in another thread.

Last edited:
oh, sorry. My bad. I didn't see that the stuff in the container came from the catch can. Duh.

Back